PwC Interview Questions in McLean, VA | Glassdoor

2.9

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

Contacted via phone and email by recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was schedule and the the recruiter called me as scheduled, however seemed unprepared: searched for a few minutes for the details of the position and who I was referred by before submitting the application, had not reviewed my resume based on comments to responses to the questions. Worst experience of a recruiter representing the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   2 Answers

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first was a screening interview with a campus recruiter which had standard behavioral questions. The second round was with a partner of the firm and asked more about my experiences and knowledge of the business area.

CS&P Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was one of the smoothest I went through during this recruiting cycle. There were four interviews total broken up into two days. The first two interviews were on-campus and consisted of a behavioral and case interview. Within 24 hours I was notified that I was invited to the final round. The second two interviews were on-site and were both behavioral. Definitely be ready for behavioral questions. They really just want to know what makes you tick and why you are applying to work with them. If you're excited and honest, they'll see that.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class related to your field and why?   Answer Question

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed about my skills and the job I applied for they said they needed someone with my international background. I felt pretty good about the interview but didn't hear anything from them for weeks. I finally asked why I hadn't heard anything and they said they had already left me a message on my phone which wasn't true. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible as far as the hours needed for this job?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Horrid. I got caught up in this process for 4 months and they're still jerking me around, though I'm over it at this point. I began this telephone screening early 2016 and the position is still not filled. What makes this so bad is that my salary requirement was screened upfront, so it was passed along before I got called in for a long stream of interviews 3 months later. Immediately after my interview, I received a text message from a partner that they were interested and I'd hear back from HR very soon. During the interview, I was told they really wanted someone experienced to take on more duties than the other "younger EA's." You'd think with that expectation, that would put a more experienced person at the top of their salary meter. I got a call three days later from a recruiter that they were interested in making an offer. I was told she wanted to rush the process and I'd receive it the next day at the latest. After three days of hearing nothing, I followed up to hear that there were ongoing discussions because the salary she submitted to them was on the high end of the spectrum. To this day, I'm not even sure what she submitted. My expectations were clear in the beginning, so there should not be any surprises. She told me they thought it was 5k lower. Well, it's been 3 weeks since my interview, no one is responding, and my last conversation with the recruiter was they'd come back with something. I've heard nothing. It's really wrong to string candidates along, much less for weeks after an interview. My "recruiter" who was non-responsive from the beginning..she's horrible...took off on leave for the whole week and "passed my file to someone else" who is also non-responsive. Now, I'm told they are interviewing other candidates which is not kosher to do after telling someone they are getting an offer. At this point, a normal marketable candidate should be disgusted. I am disgusted and am no longer interested in this job. It is a real reflection on how they feel about their administrators to not live up to their promises, not take time to wrap up, not keep candidates informed, and also to not pay at the upper end of the salary for experience....when they make the money they do is crazy. They have new grads who negotiate salaries over 5k a year. It's insulting and I will have nothing good to say about this company. And, I know a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• Will you do extra work we don't expect from the younger administrators here?   1 Answer

Risk Assurance CP&ITR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

On campus Interview got through career portal, office interview (with free stay and lunches and breakfast)and phone interview(with some random president after more than a month after the first one)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

1st round - behavioral phone interview. 2nd round - behavioral phone interview and really wanted to see if you remembered the names/facts that were discussed in the 1st round. 3rd round - office visit with 4-5 interview rounds with various levels of management, a case study presentation (case given 48 hours in advance) and lunch

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

The interview questions were around Program & Portfolio skill knowledge (e.g., Schedule Management, Dependency Management, Risk & Issue Management and Program Integration), experience leading teams what I'm looking for in my career. The interview process has changed since I joined as PwC has established a new framework on how employees are evaluated at the end of each performance year.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Describe your leadership style? What traits make a good leader?
      Q2: How do you effectively manage teams?
      Q3: What experience do you have in Program & Portfolio Management?   Answer Question

Entry Level Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by a second round office interview. Office interview consisted of interviews with three different partners and consisted of behavioral questions. Then I was given the chance to ask any questions I might have.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with a difficult team member and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Three behavioral interviews in the second round. Nice people, all very easy to talk to. The office visit consists of three interviews, a presentation on PwC and a lunch with associates. Questions are all based on the five characteristics in "PwC professionals" - Global Acumen, Business Acumen, Technology capability, Relationship and Leadership. First round based on leadership, second round based on the other four.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to learn something new quickly   Answer Question
    • How do you evaluate your global awareness? Can you give an example?   Answer Question