PwC Interview Questions in Mumbai | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2016

3.1

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The whole interview process, both the first as well as the final interview, revolved around basic competency questions. However, the questions demanded very specific evidences of the given answers. Self awareness is very important in the entire process.
    The interviews were preceded my assessment tests comprising of a numerical reasoning test, a logical reasoning test and a report writing test, in addition to a group discussion.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you're passionate about and highlight any steps that you might have taken to realise the same.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through linkedin. Resume verification. No questions were asked. they were in high need for a project. Posting process was discussed. Amount of travel discussed. No questions were asked. They asked for resume for nominal details.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. They asked for resume for nominal details.Applied through linkedin. Resume verification. No questions were asked. they were in high need for a project. Posting process was discussed. Amount of travel discussed   Answer Question

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with an online application form which consisted basic personal information questions and three long answer type questions.
    After filling the form, we had to give an online test which had two sections- numerical reasoning (data interpretation questions: questions based on graph/table of data provided) and verbal reasoning (consisted of a small paragraph followed by three questions based the paragraph, all of the types whether a statement is implied from the paragraph, not implied or if the data is insufficient).
    After clearing these two rounds, we were invited to the Assessment Day. There were three activities lined up for the day. First was a written test with two sections- numerical reasoning (just as the online test) and logical reasoning (where we had to predict the next figure on the basis of a pattern in the given figures). This was followed by a report writing exercise. We were given a file with about 16 pages and had thirty minutes to skim through the information and write a report in 30 minutes. The report was related to water conservation by corporates and four alternatives were suggested. The format of the report had to be introduction followed by a brief of all the alternatives (including pros/cons) and finally a conclusion as to which alternative is the best. This was one of the most challenging stages. The time allocated was really less and you had to selectively read the information given in the file as a lot of information was irrelevant. You can read about the tips on how to go about it on websites like WikiJob Forums. It certainly helped me a lot. Finally, we had a group exercise wherein we were given two sets of information and had to arrive at the optimum decision as a group. Again, online forums helped me a lot to understand what to expect on the day and tips regarding each exercise.
    After clearing Assessment Day, we were invited to final interview in Mumbai. There were two eliminative interviews. Both the interviews were competency based. No technical actuarial questions were asked at all. All the questions were of the type 'Tell me about a time when...'. All the questions were centered on PwC's global career progression framework (whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen, relationships). So make sure you go through them carefully and try to think of situations when you displayed them in different ways (please note that all the questions were not straightforward like tell me about a time when you displayed leadership). Finally, I was also asked about PwC, why PwC, why not any other Big 4, any current business issue that interests me the most, etc. Upon clearing both the interviews, I was made the offer in about a month's time.

Interview Questions

• > Tell me about a time when you solved a complex problem.
      > Tell me about a time when you sought feedback from someone and improved yourself.
      > Tell me about a time when you failed at something.
      > Tell me about a time when you built a relationship with someone who had a very diverse background than you, etc.

> What do you know about PwC and why PwC?
      > Why not any other Big 4 or actuarial consultancy?
      > Would you be comfortable to relocate to Mumbai?

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

First there was a test subjects were maths, English and general reasoning. People who got selected were called for interview. First HR interview and then technical. People who cleared both of these were called for partner interview. In interview after showing the resume we were asked questions regarding company in hr and in technical we were asked about different sections in tax and accounting standards.

Associate-Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I was poached by the HR. I did not actively apply for this opening. I had 3 rounds of interviews with different people, all at different levels. Staff is very approachable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation.

Articleship Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The interview was bifurcated into 3 rounds.1 HR round 2 Technical round 3 Partners round. The HR round included general questions about yourself then about family and the like. The technical round included a lot of technical questions regarding the subjects of ipcc. The partners round was a mixture of HR+Technical+current affairs and political issues related question

Interview Questions

• Define provisions and reserves and the difference between the two   Answer Question

Senior Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was placed through campus placements.
    The process was over the course of 2 days and consisted of: 1) Aptitude test 2) Tech + HR Interview 3) FIinal Interview

The Aptitude test was conducted on Day 1 and consisted of 40 questions in 60 minutes. The aptitude test had Quantitative aptitude, Verbal aptitude and logical reasoning sections. There were about 5 quants and 2 logical questions that were difficult but the rest of them were easy.

The results of this test were announced on Day 2 where they selected the top 30 out of 90 students for the interviews.
    The Interviews followed. The first was a Tech+HR interview but my panelist asked me only HR/ general questions.
    After the first interview 15 students out of 30 were shortlisted for the final interview.
    The Final Interview consisted of 2 panelists and they asked me a bit of Tech and HR related questions.

Interview Questions

• In the first Interview I was basically asked about my internship (what I actually did), co-curricular activities and about the roles I played in various committees, positions of responsibility, etc (all based on my resume). I was asked to give examples of incidents where I used my leadership qualities.
      I was also asked general questions about Cyber Security, why it is important, etc.
      However I wasn't asked a single technical or project related question.
      This interview lasted for about 20-25 minutes.

In the Final Interview I was asked about my projects and more general questions on Cyber Security.
      I was also asked whether I'm open to relocation to which I answered that I was ready to do so.
      This interview lasted for less than 10 minutes.

Analyst - Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR, describing the job profile. They called me for face to face interview on very next day. I was interviewed by panel of two member.
    Overall interview was good, they told me that they will communicate next round through HR but no response yet... It has been more than 20 days.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why PwC?
      2. Kept asking me why am I switching my current profile
      3. About excel, ppt
      4. Details of my current profile

Trainee In LOS- License Management Contract and Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Pwc is loyal recruiter of our college MPSTME, NMIMS University, so they called us in company for interview at dadar, mumbai. It was a panel interview and it takes one day.

Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was cool and a good experience. Actually the whole interview process lasted for 2 hours with two different panels. Questions were mostly Process oriented and methodologies involved. Truly speaking, not that tough.