PwC Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

PwC Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

Updated Jul 26, 2017

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bandra (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Bandra (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview had 2 rounds: 1st one was with the HR and 2nd one was a technical interview. After completing the HR round i got a call after few days for the technical round. Both the interviews were quick half hour each.

Interview Questions

• HR round: basic questions above my resume, why do I want to join PwC..
      Technical round:types of taxes, basic questions about GST.   Answer Question

Oracle Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Telephonic Interview was conducted over a call for the technical round and also there was Face 2 Face round conducted in Mumbai and then HR round after clearing the technical round.

KYC AML Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

was interviewed by PwC subsiduary bengluru , at mumbai location. There were 3 idiots who were conducting interviews , at a snail pace. candidates started arriving at given time 9 am and were to wait for their chance till 4-5 pm. one hour lunch time break these morons took. there were 50-60 candidates. they were given serial number and were called accordingly.
     faltu company they did not have courtsey to arrange for snacks or tea coffee.
    on top of that they started conducting second round too which only delayed things. why were not there more consultants to conduct intervuew.U waited for 6 hours just for a 15 mnts audience? crap

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had an HR interview at first. Then called me for a technical interview. Easy questions, made me feel comfortable. Answered 95% of the questions correctly.

The next day they called me for scheduling a directors/partners interview. I was excited. However it was short lived when they called me the day before to "reschedule". Never heard from them for 2 weeks. I was disappointed. Didn't apply elsewhere thinking that I had a shot at the second interview.

Only after e-mailing/calling them a bunch of times to know what the status was I got the answer that I will not be called back for a second interview with a very generic response that it was a "fitting issue". Then, when asked why was I called for the second interview only to be "rescheduled" and got no response from them even when they said they would call back, they didn't give me a proper answer. Very unprofessional in terms of how they handled that and very unfortunate that I had to lose time because of it.

Interview Questions

• Asked a section number from Companies Act 2013   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

i applied on PwC from naukri.com. i got a call on the same day regarding my personal info and experience. after 2 weeks i got another call for technical round. this is quit simple. interviewer asked all the basics questions on android. it last almost 45 minutes after 2 days i got another call from technical department for another technical interview round. but after that round its almost 15 days i don't receive any response. i tried to contact with HR, technical department but they don't give me any clear answer whether i am selected for further round or not.

Interview Questions

• all basics question on android including projects which i mentioned in my resume.   3 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The whole interview process, both the first as well as the final interview, revolved around basic competency questions. However, the questions demanded very specific evidences of the given answers. Self awareness is very important in the entire process.
    The interviews were preceded my assessment tests comprising of a numerical reasoning test, a logical reasoning test and a report writing test, in addition to a group discussion.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you're passionate about and highlight any steps that you might have taken to realise the same.   Answer Question

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with an online application form which consisted basic personal information questions and three long answer type questions.
    After filling the form, we had to give an online test which had two sections- numerical reasoning (data interpretation questions: questions based on graph/table of data provided) and verbal reasoning (consisted of a small paragraph followed by three questions based the paragraph, all of the types whether a statement is implied from the paragraph, not implied or if the data is insufficient).
    After clearing these two rounds, we were invited to the Assessment Day. There were three activities lined up for the day. First was a written test with two sections- numerical reasoning (just as the online test) and logical reasoning (where we had to predict the next figure on the basis of a pattern in the given figures). This was followed by a report writing exercise. We were given a file with about 16 pages and had thirty minutes to skim through the information and write a report in 30 minutes. The report was related to water conservation by corporates and four alternatives were suggested. The format of the report had to be introduction followed by a brief of all the alternatives (including pros/cons) and finally a conclusion as to which alternative is the best. This was one of the most challenging stages. The time allocated was really less and you had to selectively read the information given in the file as a lot of information was irrelevant. You can read about the tips on how to go about it on websites like WikiJob Forums. It certainly helped me a lot. Finally, we had a group exercise wherein we were given two sets of information and had to arrive at the optimum decision as a group. Again, online forums helped me a lot to understand what to expect on the day and tips regarding each exercise.
    After clearing Assessment Day, we were invited to final interview in Mumbai. There were two eliminative interviews. Both the interviews were competency based. No technical actuarial questions were asked at all. All the questions were of the type 'Tell me about a time when...'. All the questions were centered on PwC's global career progression framework (whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen, relationships). So make sure you go through them carefully and try to think of situations when you displayed them in different ways (please note that all the questions were not straightforward like tell me about a time when you displayed leadership). Finally, I was also asked about PwC, why PwC, why not any other Big 4, any current business issue that interests me the most, etc. Upon clearing both the interviews, I was made the offer in about a month's time.

Interview Questions

• > Tell me about a time when you solved a complex problem.
      > Tell me about a time when you sought feedback from someone and improved yourself.
      > Tell me about a time when you failed at something.
      > Tell me about a time when you built a relationship with someone who had a very diverse background than you, etc.

> What do you know about PwC and why PwC?
      > Why not any other Big 4 or actuarial consultancy?
      > Would you be comfortable to relocate to Mumbai?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through linkedin. Resume verification. No questions were asked. they were in high need for a project. Posting process was discussed. Amount of travel discussed. No questions were asked. They asked for resume for nominal details.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. They asked for resume for nominal details.Applied through linkedin. Resume verification. No questions were asked. they were in high need for a project. Posting process was discussed. Amount of travel discussed   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

First there was a test subjects were maths, English and general reasoning. People who got selected were called for interview. First HR interview and then technical. People who cleared both of these were called for partner interview. In interview after showing the resume we were asked questions regarding company in hr and in technical we were asked about different sections in tax and accounting standards.

Associate-Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I was poached by the HR. I did not actively apply for this opening. I had 3 rounds of interviews with different people, all at different levels. Staff is very approachable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation.