PwC Interview Questions in New Delhi, India | Glassdoor

2.9

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

There were approximately 20 people called for the interview at 9 am but there was no sign of HR till 10 am. There was an HR interview followed by a technical interview. The interviewers were in casuals and they asked the candidates to be in business formals. The technical interviewer was not competent enough and didn't know the basic financial concepts of project.

Article Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

I received a call for an online test organized by AMCAT in Gurgaon.
    The PwC HR that I spoke with was quite rude (Spoke to her twice. Got ruder by each call). That was my first conversation with a pwc employee. I did not like it.

Got a negative vibe. I chose not to interview. Happily employed at another BigFour !

Interview Questions

• Background check through phone call. (HR was quite rude)   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I got the HR e mail id from LinkedIn and shared my resume fortunately i got the call the same day. My interview was scheduled after a week. First HR round then Tech -1 on the same day.
    Tech -2 was scheduled after a week

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

The interview process is long and requires people with good communication skills for the consulting role. As part of technology consulting the PwC technical rounds are not too difficult but the client technical rounds can be difficult.

Interview Questions

• They asked to describe a conflict with a past colleague and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview then 2 case study assignments.Gave 48 hours to complete 2 case studies which were around proposal/report writing, financial modeling and understanding of regulatory environment in the inclusive markets domain.

Interview Questions

• Gave 48 hours to complete 2 case studies which were around proposal/report writing, financial modeling and understanding of regulatory environment in the inclusive markets domain.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (New Delhi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

the interview process involved multiple rounds of case studies and puzzles. we were also given mathematical problems to solve on the spot though also we were guided wherever we stuck, the problems were very challenging and required a lot of calculations. The interview also involved guesstimate questions for example guess the number of ice cream vendors in india

Interview Questions

• the problem they gave me was as follows; suppose you have a client in bangalore where it rains a lot, your client has to work outdoors everyday so if it rains on a particular day and he had not ordered for a tent beforehand then he has to pay up rs. 5000 for the tent but if he is sure that it will rain tomorrow then he can order for the tent in advance and pay 1000 only. Suppose there is a probability model that correctly estimates the probability that it will rain tomorrow is a linear function of temperature last period and humidity last period, then how should your client incorporate this information and make a decission   Answer Question

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

After the online psychometric tests,they have the assessment day at their office.Thenew they have written aptitude tests of maths and English, then a case study and a GD. After this selected ones are called for the interview which is basically HR.No technical questions are asked as such.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PwC (Noida (India)).

Interview

Was ok, they had some interesting and tough questions but was a good experience to face such different n difficult questions. Then they had some good and interesting IQ Question.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (New Delhi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

PwC came to our campus for recruitment. Entire Procedure took 1 day.

Procedure consisted of 3 rounds :

1) Written aptitude Test: 60 minutes 40 questions. Quant LR English. Moderate difficulty.

They Shortlisted 48 people, who moved on to the next round.

2) Technical Interview: CV based interview. Make sure you know what's in your CV thoroughly because if they find something interesting they'll dig deeper into it.
    Pet Questions: 1) Why PwC? 2) Impress me with one project on your CV which highlights the reason we should hire you.

20 people moved on to the 3rd and final round.

3) Partner/Strategy Round: Telephonic Interview with a Partner. Mostly behavioral. Questions on College Aggregate, Interests, Hobbies. Anyone with good communication skills can crack it.

Finally 12 candidates were offered the position.

Note: Confidence is everything.

Interview Questions

• What do you think happens in Amazon's Recommender system? What's the thought process that might go into it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Technology Consulting Interview

Application

Interview

Overall process- Written test (Quant, LR, Verbal), Technical Interview (Face to Face), Strategy Interview (Telephonic).

Test: 40 questions in 60 minutes. Verbal section was pretty challenging, quantitative aptitude was moderately difficult. Logical Ability was something which could be pulled out. Advice would be not spending too much time on any question, just do as many as you can, then pay attention to the leftovers. No negative marking.

Technical Interview: Though named technical, this was purely CV based, and a mix of HR interview as well. The interviewer asked about myself, and grilled my resume, asking everything. As I was telling about various areas, he went deeper into many, checking my nervousness in cross questioning and whether I have actually done that activity or not. Advice would be to prepare your résumé very well, and have crisp answers ready to the common HR questions. Be very fluent in English, as fumbling and thinking would give a bad impression.

Strategy Interview: About 20/170+ made it to this round, in which a partner at PwC took our interview on call, the duration being 10-15 mins at max. This was also more or less a HR interview, with the candidates being checked on their voice modulation on call, convincing ability, English proficiency, and situation handling. The interviewer will nervous you on call while asking questions from your résumé, which you'll have to tackle. He will also lead the conversation to an absurd issue, to see how well u cope up. Advice would be to be respectful, keep your throat clear, never cut the other person, present criticism with appreciation.

A combination of both the interviews will determine your success rate. Don't take telephonic interview lightly, it can be against you if you don't go well with it.

Interview Questions

• Your client is very busy, and you have to take details from him about a project. Since he has no time to meet you, how will you take the details?   1 Answer
    • What's the most important quality required by a consultant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Avoid telling your plans about an MBA or MS, be very particular about your résumé, your personality, and a ten year projection of yourself. Be confident, and be appreciative.