PwC Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.9

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was phone call with HR which was very standard. Next round I was emailed a case two days beforehand and had to present over Skype for 45 minutes. Final round I was flown out to office, where I had two behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that concerns you about consulting?
      How do you stay current in the business world?
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Long process with phone screens, face to face, more phone interviews with video..in the end I started to wonder if they even knew what they were looking for. The process was long - the HR recruiter was outstanding.

Interview Questions

• "I need to meet you face to face, I want to see if you are someone we want to work with"   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interned at PwC year prior so skipped the initial screening interviews. Attended pre-interview dinner and Superday where 3 interviews took place (2 Senior associates and 1 partner interview). Nothing formal about the pre-interview dinner, smart casual attire and team building activities in the 300 Madison office. Was really just to calm nerves for what is to come the following day. Interviews went well mostly behavioral questions, first 2 were directly concerning the "PwC Professional" framework. I specifically got Relationships and Business Acumen. Third interview was a little more technical and specific to auditing (i.e. professional skepticism examples, FASB codification research). Be prepared to ask questions at the end of the interview, they purposely allot time for this. I wrote down about 10 questions on my notepad and asked as many as I could before the 30 minutes were up and I moved on to the next interview. Be sure to ask for business cards to send thank you emails later on that day.

Be yourself, this really is just a chance for the PwC staff to meet you and get a feel for your personality. Be confident in your abilities, you have made it this far which is an accomplishment in and of itself now just go show your great personality. Best of luck

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a group and things didn't go well.   Answer Question
    • How do you go about researching accounting rules and standards   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where you used professional skepticism at work or school   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you built a relationship   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Three phone-call interview at 30 minutes each. It was an interview with two directors and one partner. It took a very long time to schedule the interview, but perhaps it was due to the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had an issue at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through my schools career site and reached out to the recruiter at my schools career fair. From there I was contacted for a virtual interview which lasted 30 minutes. After this I was brought into the office for the Superday. The super day consisted of some presentations, panels, three interviews and a lunch.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to use professional skepticism in your work?   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I am from liberal arts college and submitted my application online. then 1 month later I was invited for 1st round interview which lasted 30mins on google hangout. overall recruiter was really nice and chill, but she seemed to know not much about my intern position.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Three rounds consisting of one behavioral phone interview with a director, one virtual case interview with a senior advisor, and two behavioral interviews with partners/directors in NYC. The case was emailed to me 48 hours before my scheduled presentation time, so there was plenty of time for preparation.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC? Why consulting? Tell me about an interesting article you read recently. Tell me about a time when you had to give someone feedback or criticism. Tell me about a time when you were given vague instructions for a task and had to figure out what to do.   Answer Question

Advisory Risk Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview. Purely behavioral. Second round was a case interview over Skype. They give you materials 48 hours beforehand, so you should know the case inside and out. The actual questions to the case were given 45 minutes before the interview. The rest is a typical case interview. Third round was an Office Visit where I met partners, directors and associates. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Given a case a few days before then on the day given an hour to prepare for a presentation deck. The first was a 1:1 interview to present the case and the second to have a behavioral interview.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews calls. One with the hr department and then with the managers, one of which is now my boss. The conversations were polite and therefore enjoyable.