PwC Risk Assurance Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

PwC Risk Assurance Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Oct 15, 2017

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online though PwC's campus recruiting page. I then went to the Career Fair at my school and talked to a Partner. I found out a few days later that I had an on-campus interview the following week. The night before the interview there was a meet and greet session with the Partners, managers and associates. Come prepared with some questions as some employees will wait for you to ask a question - but in general it is more conversational. Then the on campus interview was about 45 minutes. The interview only consisted of 3 behavioral questions and the rest of the time was to ask questions to the Partner (so come prepared with good questions.) I found out 2 days later that I got a second round interview - this round would be virtual. It was conducted using Google Hangouts. The interview was the following week. The first 15 minutes were casual conversation with an associate - the last 30-45 were with a director/partner/senior manager. There were many more behavioral questions during the virtual interview. Refer to the "PwC Professional" for things they may ask and how you should frame your answers. I found out the following evening (via phone call around 7pm) that I received an offer with the firm. I am now waiting on details regarding salary, and the "Celebrate You" event at the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a co-worker who was difficult to get along with?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to learn a technology that was unfamiliar to you?   Answer Question
  • Group member not putting in fair share of work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The whole process took a week. First interview was on campus. Two days after the first interview, I got a call to schedule the second interview. The second interview was an virtual interview through google hangouts, I got an offer one day after my second interview. The first on campus interview was very easy, conversation with a partner, some behavioral questions. The second interview was with a manager, it was much harder with several difficult interview questions including new lease and revenue recognition accounting standards and my thoughts on that, and some questions about my previous internship experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest obstacle in life?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you have to establish connection with clients, colleagues, or team members.   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you practice professional skepticism either at your internship or at school for school project   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was pre-selected by the campus recruting process and went through two rounds of interviews. One on campus, one office visit. A lot of behavior questions were asked. So be prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Meet with four people for 45 minutes
    Interview you about the values of PwC and ask you to apply them to your life
    Ask how you keep up with finance and internal audit news

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I attended a university job fair and subsequently applied using PwC's website. About a week after talking to the recruiter, I got an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward and consisted only of typical behavioral questions. About a week after the phone interview, I got a call about scheduling an office visit for the final round of interviews. 2 weeks later, I attended the office visit. The office visit included two one-on-one interviews - one with a partner and one with a manager. These interviews were similar to the phone interview with a couple of behavioral questions. There weren't any major curve balls or unexpected questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through campus access, and there were two round interviews. One was campus interview with one manager and second round interview was an office visit, interviewed with one manager and one partner.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

An internship after your junior year of college is crucial to securing a full time position as an Associate. The interview process is mostly behavioral questions (not much technical). They want to see how you can talk to people and care more about your personality.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I found this interview not as hard as I thought it would be. My phone interview was with a director and it was quite technical (maybe because of my previous internal audit experience). I was invited to come into the office and meet with the partner, director, and an HR representative. It was a pleasant experience. The partner seemed very nice and allowed me enough time to explain my experiences. The director was very courteous and we had a great chat. The meeting with the HR rep was for them to determine if Assurance and PwC is really for me or not. That meeting went very well.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring process included a phone screen, an on campus interview, and and office interview with 3 individuals within the Risk Assurance group. The individuals you interview with will include a partner, director, manager, and/or a senior associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

2 different interviews. one with a partner and one with a manger. the interviews were very conversational. the night before the interviews, there was a dinner at a restaurant to meet other potential candidates and current employees, this was very helpful.