PwC Risk Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.9

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Interviewed with Senior Manager, mostly behavioral questions and about my resume. Went through entire resume and then had time at the end to ask the interviewer questions about the job band company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Risk Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PwC in October 2017.

Interview

Dinner and two rounds of interview. First round is in person on campus with a partner. 2nd round is thru Google Hangout with a director. Separate yourself at the dinner from the other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Fairly simple, received a call from a recruiter a couple days before the interview. Process moves really quickly. On campus interview and follow up within one week. Applied through the campus job site. Managers were helpful, but interviewer seemed inexperienced.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to deal with a lot of complex data?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First were the Elevate interviews. They were really basic and just tried to get to know you. I think it was mostly about your resume anyways. Once arriving at Elevate, it was mostly team-building games to evaluate your style and get to know you more. Then they made internship offers.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you worked in a group and it did not go well?   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of three phases. After an initial chat with the recruiter, a 30-minute phone screening with HR was scheduled. The purpose of the call was to test my interest in work in the Department and in Risk Assurance in particular and to discuss relevant experience. The actual interview was an hour long, with one Senior Manager and a Director present in the room. There were several competency-based questions and I was expected to explain how my previous experience would be relevant to the role. Interest in the financial services industry and previous experience with internal controls testing was also expected. One thing that really put me off and affected my concentration was that one of the interviewers was checking his emails during the interview giving an impression he was not even listening to my answers. Be ready for that, perhaps it is an interview strategy, perhaps just bad manners.

Interview Questions

• Standard: Why Risk Assurance? Why are you willing to leave your current employer (asked twice!).   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC in April 2017.

Interview

Very laid back, conversational. Don't worry, just relax and be yourself. Know how to talk about your resume and why you want to work for PwC. I did my first round on campus with a manager and then second round with a partner through webcam.

Risk Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC in March 2017.

Interview

Initial round interview via Google Hangouts, just a few quick behavioral questions and some general interview questions such as why PwC. Not a very long interview, probably around forty minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you were working on a project and a major issue came up and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Risk-Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, led to an on site interview in Charlotte with the partner, senior manager and senior. I received a call a couple days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Initially interviewed for an advisory internship in another office but didn't get that for some odd reason. Asked if I'd like to be considered for the assurance position I said sure. Interviewed with a manager and it was mostly behavioral and asked questions related to my resume. Next it was a final round with a MD. Really simple process as they really needed somebody for the position. I had 3 other offers so they were really trying to get me to come. Offered to let me come to the office so I could meet the team and they could take me out to lunch. The MD, manager, and another associate all reached out to me separately while I was trying to make my decision. I appreciate the effort, but I think they should relax a little.

Interview Questions

I've always heard that PwC was stuck up and it proved to be true during these two interview processes I went thru (advisory first then assurance). Ultimately I decided to go with Accenture: much more competitive offer and a way better security role.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Simply applied online and received the email interview follow-up to schedule the first round interview. Their interviews are done through Google Hangouts video chat. The interview questions were all experience related and I was asked for examples of when I solved issues, had things go wrong, etc. This interview was probably 15 minutes. I was selected for the second interview with a partner and a senior, back to back. I interviewed with the partner and we mainly talked about what I was up to at school, about the department and some brief experience questions. Much more laid back than the first round interview. This interview was probably 30-45 minutes. The interview with the senior was probably 5 minutes, and I was asked about why I choose the school that I did, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous intern position.   1 Answer
    • What have you been up to in your grad program?   1 Answer