PwC SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Inititial phone interview with Recruiter lead to a second phone interview with a Consultant. For the third interview I was invited into the office for "interview day" in which several candidates were being screened at once.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Regular interview process that is used by most company

Interview Questions

• Where do I see my self in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

- Applied online & received an initial conversation request from the recruiter
    - Talked about experiences, expertise, position details, etc.
    - Heard back after 2 weeks that the immigration department felt I had no time left on my current work permit. I had over a year left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Initially had 2 one-on-one interviews with Directors or Senior Directors. One was a behavior interview, the other was a "mini-case" which he described as just a conversation about the case. Typical stuff, nothing out of the ordinary.

Second round was 3 one-on-one interviews with Partners in the service line. One was a case (again more of a conversation about a business problem and how I would respond to it), the other two were strictly behavioral.

Unfortunately, the HR department choose Sunday night at 9PM to call me and let me know there would not be an offer. Separate emails for post-interview feedback were ignored. While the interviewing process was good, these incidents left a seriously foul taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest thing you've ever done? What's the EASIEST thing you've ever done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Waltham, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview went well but they chose an internal candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2008.

Interview

Interviewed on campus after having been selected from a resume drop and meeting a few folks from the Chi office. Rd one on campus had 2 back to back 1:1 interviews. One was a case and one was behavioral.

Final round was at Chicago with a whole panel including the office director. Three 1:1 interviews, mostly experience, and a 45 min case which we had to prepare and present to the Chicago office Director and Partner on a chart paper

Interview Questions

• How can client reduce indirect purchasing costs....   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

One of the worst interview in my lifetime. I've never seen such worst response from any company I've been to interview so far. I didnt expect this worst from PWC. One of the Legendary Company but the Panel and the Interview Scheduling person, What the heck. Reached office at 10.25, Waited for more than an hour to get into 1st round. 11.35 it started, 12.20pm 1st round got over. Interviewer was good. I didnt get any feedback whether im through or not, Then waited for another 1 hour, another guy came and called me, Then only i came to know that I've cleared the 1st round. Started at 1.30pm, By 2.20pm im done with the 2nd round, No updated whether I've cleared or not... Waited there. No Communication about What's next, Where candidates can go for Lunch, Is there a place inside..? Nothing... Even if you want to go to Restroom, They wont allow you inside, You have to go the Ground-floor common Restroom.

Recruiter, Who was in-charge on that day & the way "that recruiter" responded to girls, not even 10% "that recruiter" responded to guys. If any new girl comes, yes, "that recruiter" will conduct further rounds immediately. Within short-time they'll get the result. But for guys, Its for not only me, So many guys came, Most of them got irritated and started leaving.

Note: Since We should not identify individuals by name in Glassdoor, I used "that Recruiter" instead.

Okay let me come to point, By 2.20pm, My 2nd round got over. Interviewer was good, Ofcourse very Technically skilled person. We had good time discussing about Technical questions. After that again, There was no further communication from "that Recruiter", Who supposed to inform me. Myself and along with 2 more friends came, We were just watching what heck he is doing, If any new girl comes for a interview less than 15 minutes, she will be called for 1st round, will get to know the result in very short-time, If they clear they'll wait n in very short-time they'll be called for further rounds. We were simply sitting. No Proper Communications, No updates. After 2.20pm, I waited for almost 2 hours. By 4.30pm, A guy came and called for interview. Then i came to know that, Okay, I've cleared 2nd round also. That is manager round. It went for almost 30 mins, By 5pm im done with the 3rd round also. It was very smooth and nice. Interview went very well. He said HR will call you in 10 mins. After that i was waiting for Almost 50 mins, It was 5.50pm. No updates. Lost my patience, Called the Stupid Consultancy and shouted at him. I asked the security to check for Updates, That is the only way, If you ask this "that Recruiter" he will say, give me 5 mins, That's all, He will never get back to you... Didnt bother about the Candidates. By 6.10, Still no further information. You know what was the worst part, A gal came at 4pm, by 6pm She finished all the rounds before 6pm, Im just sitting in the chair and watching that guy, He comes to her seat and giving updates about whats going to next round, how long it gonna take, Everything. I was like, "Common man, What hell, What i did wrong, Being Boy". After That i was damn tired, Didnt have lunch. I dont know at what time they'll call me, So I waited there with-out even taking a break.I was like "Howlong I have to wait between every round". By6.20 I called that Consultany Guys shouted at him stating that Im leaving, He said, No No, Please wait, They'll finish n release offer today itself. I said, Who cares your Stupid Offer. Get lost. Left PWC at 6.30pm. He tried to reach me 3 times, I didnt pick, 4th time, I shouted at him like anything. I think, If i waited there, I could've finished my another by Mid-night 1am. C'mon PWC, You've Big Brand, Big-4, So n so.... Still someone has to teach about how to conduct a Interview for Candidates.

Another worst part is the Security Guy. I think he had some fight with his Wife in the morning. He was shouting at candidates if they go n ask anything. If someone comes in the middle n try to submit the resume he will say "Go back to your seat,I will call you". Then he will call in less than 30 seconds. We're laughing most of the time, What's wrong with PWC, Couldnt even find a better Security with Proper Communication Skills. Oh C'mon. He was very Rude. There was one more Old Lady at his Age, Standing Next to him. He was scolding her almost all the time. Everytime she does something, He will Scold her.

Spent 1 day for nothing. Worst day in my life.

There was no problem with the Interviewers. They were really nice and Very Smooth. Except, the way they conducted it n the time taken for Every-Round. Promised me that they'll finish everything in less than 3 hours. But it took more than 8 hours. One Whole day God Damn.

Interview Questions

• More Technical. 1st 2 rounds were very technical. If you prepare well, You can crack it.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. 2 technical and 1 managerial. most of the questions were from sql server and wcf. got the offer letter after 2 months. In managerial round they asked about aspiration and why I am looking for a change.

Interview Questions

• questions related to session management and lot of qusetion in sql server   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Invited to first round interview to discuss on the interest in the firm. general discussion on preferences, technical knowledge and general fit type of questions. Second round consisted with discussions with senior employees focusing on specific technical discussions in the area of my expertise. Last round was discussions with partner also on behavioural questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Pwc came to our campus for Cybersecurity consultant interns.
    Student Shortlisted from aptitude test were moved to next round.
    The next round comprised of aptitude and technical.
    Students clearing that round will move to director's telephonic interview.