PwC Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.7

Core Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very nice interview experience, I had one round on campus interview, then had a google hang-out second round interview, I heard that PWC will change to virtual interview for all candidate next year. After I got the offer, I visited their office, they held a celebration activity for everyone who got the offer, so we had a chance to get to know each other also the firm in a very relaxing atmosphere, it's really a great experience. I like everyone I talked with in PWC, everyone is very help, I had two offers on hand, and eventually I chose PWC.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any technical questions, just be yourself, be confident.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted for a first interview by e-mail and this interview was a virtual interview through Google Hangouts. This interview was great because the interviewer was very supportive and asked questions that allowed the showcase of talents and experience. The process was a bit disconcerting because the feed was a little sporadic and this stilted the flow of conversation. The second interview was tougher because the partner and manager left more of the conversation up to the applicant to fill in and some planning such as your elevator speech would be helpful to prepare for this interview.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through pwc website. Then received an email for scheduling the first interview after 5 days. You can pick the time that you're available from a list provided. Interviewed at PwC office in San Jose. The interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Some more questions about the leadership roles and teamwork.
      Answer Question

Assurance Associade Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

There are two rounds of interview. The first one was a phone interview, they asked me questions about my background and education. Then comes three behavioral questions based on leadership and teamwork. Don't ask questions that can be found on their website, the interviewer will give you every detail about your position. Do your research. Try to come up with questions like "how to be successful in this position?" to show your motivation and interest.
    The second round of the interview is with the manager you'll be working with. Try to come up with technical questions and show your capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you receive a negative feedback, how did you take it and how did you respond.   1 Answer
    • Give me a time when you do extra work for a school project or at work in a team setting.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw/heard one of your co-workers releasing confidential client information?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

On campus interview, followed by an office visit with 2 interviews, one with a senior manager, and one with a partner. received call from partner several hours later. Was awesome!

Elevate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews: One in office, One virtual. The first interview required me visit the office in person, take a tour, and interview with a senior associate there. The questions were medium.. be prepared do bring in all kinds of life experiences, and show that you are an interesting and likable person, and you will kill it!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had a great experience with senior management at a company   1 Answer

Cybersecurity and Privacy Practice Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and had two rounds of phone interviews. The telephonic interviews were behavioral questions and also had questions about the projects listed in my resume. Followed by this, there was an onsite round at their LA offices. The onsite round consisted of two separate interviews - one with a director and another with a manager in the Cybersecurity domain. They were friendly and made the process very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• There was a case study. Had to present a solution for the problem presented on the day of the interview.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on website, received 30 min phone interview a week later. Received a voicemail from recruiter 2 weeks later inviting me to 2nd round interviews. Was flown out there 2 weeks laters with paid hotel. Had a pre-interview bowling night with several candidates, professionals, and others who accepted their offers earlier in the semester. Then had the interview day from 9am to 2pm. Received an offer 3.5 hours later.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through Guachospace. 1 on 1 interview on campus was relatively easy. Went through my resume and asked leadership related questions. Second interview I was flown out to SJ. 1 on 1 interview w/ a partner and senior associate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone and didn't get along. How'd you handle the situation   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

During the interview they didn't really ask me technical questions. The interview focuses a lot more on soft skills. I found out I got the offer a couple of weeks after I had interviewed. It was a very seamless process!