PwC Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ARCA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

PwC was great during the recruiting process, up until the 2nd round of interviews, which took a nosedive. The campus recruiter that came to my school, as well as her colleagues that were with her, were an absolute joy to speak to. I went to an on-site recruiting event and the recruiter even paired me up with someone in the role I was applying for. That employee later grabbed coffee with me about a week later and spoke to me about the role as well as friendly career-oriented conversation.

When it came to interviews, I understood there were multiple rounds. The first round was in-person, and went well. The employee I had coffee with was my "host," and hung out with me until the interviewer was ready. The interviewer was very friendly was was mainly interested in my academic and professional accomplishments up until that point. The interview was very conversational, and provided me an opportunity to highlight the more important aspects of my history and ask some engaging questions. I felt very good leaving that interview.

The second interview was virtual. I still dressed up so that I could turn on my webcam, and I connected to the virtual meeting. I waited 10-15 minutes beyond the start time before the interviewer arrived late. Not only was he late, but his internet connection must have been weak, as he dropped from the call at least twice for more than just a couple minutes. He also did not turn on his webcam feed. He seemed irritated at the connection issues, and I felt that he was directing some of his frustration toward me, or believed that my connection was dropping.

Technical and punctual issues aside, the interview went terribly. It was not at all conversational, and almost exclusively consisted of extremely difficult and technical questions. Some of these questions I did not have an answer for, and some I did not understand at all. When asking for clarification, the interviewer kept his responses very vague and did not seem willing to help me understand his questions.

For the questions that I did understand, I tried to provide some context to my answers, such as providing examples of when I experienced something similar, details of the problem, and details of my solution. I also tried to make it conversational, and my answers were running probably close to 4 minutes. This was very welcomed in my first interview, but not in this second one. Eventually, the interviewer commented that my answers were running too long, and that he had a long list of questions he wanted to get through so I needed to reduce my answers to about 1 minute each. Imagine my frustration when the questions remained as technical and as difficult, but my responses were expected to be less than 1 minute.

The interview ended with him telling me he has less than 1 minute left in the call to answer 1 quick question. I asked, he muttered something but basically provided no insight and excused himself abruptly without any proper goodbye.

I sent out my thank you emails to everyone who helped me along in the process, but eventually received an email stating that I did not get the offer. Was honestly a relief, since it was my least favorite position of the others I was looking at.

In all, I loved most the people I had interactions with during the recruiting process, but the 2nd interview was one of the worst recruiting experiences I've ever had. It was quite difficult, awkward, frustrating and overall disappointing.

Interview Questions

• What inconsistencies have you noticed in your own work, and what have you done to address them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Got the interview through an application on my school's website, was contacted a week or two later. Recruiter set up interview calls and was the main communicator throughout the process. 2 Interviews (2 rounds), both virtual on Google hangout.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, mostly wanting to get to know you and why you are interested. One surprising one about technology and how it affects you.   Answer Question

Core Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very nice interview experience, I had one round on campus interview, then had a google hang-out second round interview, I heard that PWC will change to virtual interview for all candidate next year. After I got the offer, I visited their office, they held a celebration activity for everyone who got the offer, so we had a chance to get to know each other also the firm in a very relaxing atmosphere, it's really a great experience. I like everyone I talked with in PWC, everyone is very help, I had two offers on hand, and eventually I chose PWC.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any technical questions, just be yourself, be confident.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted for a first interview by e-mail and this interview was a virtual interview through Google Hangouts. This interview was great because the interviewer was very supportive and asked questions that allowed the showcase of talents and experience. The process was a bit disconcerting because the feed was a little sporadic and this stilted the flow of conversation. The second interview was tougher because the partner and manager left more of the conversation up to the applicant to fill in and some planning such as your elevator speech would be helpful to prepare for this interview.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through pwc website. Then received an email for scheduling the first interview after 5 days. You can pick the time that you're available from a list provided. Interviewed at PwC office in San Jose. The interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Some more questions about the leadership roles and teamwork.   1 Answer

Assurance Associade Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

There are two rounds of interview. The first one was a phone interview, they asked me questions about my background and education. Then comes three behavioral questions based on leadership and teamwork. Don't ask questions that can be found on their website, the interviewer will give you every detail about your position. Do your research. Try to come up with questions like "how to be successful in this position?" to show your motivation and interest.
    The second round of the interview is with the manager you'll be working with. Try to come up with technical questions and show your capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you receive a negative feedback, how did you take it and how did you respond.   1 Answer
    • Give me a time when you do extra work for a school project or at work in a team setting.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw/heard one of your co-workers releasing confidential client information?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

On campus interview, followed by an office visit with 2 interviews, one with a senior manager, and one with a partner. received call from partner several hours later. Was awesome!

Elevate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews: One in office, One virtual. The first interview required me visit the office in person, take a tour, and interview with a senior associate there. The questions were medium.. be prepared do bring in all kinds of life experiences, and show that you are an interesting and likable person, and you will kill it!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had a great experience with senior management at a company   1 Answer

Cybersecurity and Privacy Practice Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and had two rounds of phone interviews. The telephonic interviews were behavioral questions and also had questions about the projects listed in my resume. Followed by this, there was an onsite round at their LA offices. The onsite round consisted of two separate interviews - one with a director and another with a manager in the Cybersecurity domain. They were friendly and made the process very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• There was a case study. Had to present a solution for the problem presented on the day of the interview.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on website, received 30 min phone interview a week later. Received a voicemail from recruiter 2 weeks later inviting me to 2nd round interviews. Was flown out there 2 weeks laters with paid hotel. Had a pre-interview bowling night with several candidates, professionals, and others who accepted their offers earlier in the semester. Then had the interview day from 9am to 2pm. Received an offer 3.5 hours later.