PwC Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.8

111 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Standard procedures, phone interview with HR, then face-to-face with 2 managers, then final with a partner.
It seems like they are more interested in hiring fresh grads. They challenge a lot on people who are from corporate environment, which I think it was a little uncomfortable since corporate also have smart professionals, but to me, they pre-judged you that you cannot do the job right. And towards the end, it just seems like the job itself is different from what's actually on the description.
Just be yourself in the interviews and be confident.

Interview Questions

• Technical and point of view questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was casual over the phone. Some technical questions in person. I was interviewed by an MD, a manager and 2 senior managers. Had lunch with a Senior Associate. The people were great. The they do work was unimpressive to me. They do not do any quantitative valuations. The skills developed most likely will not be transferable to outside Big 4 valuation work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Three phone-call interview at 30 minutes each. It was an interview with two directors and one partner. It took a very long time to schedule the interview, but perhaps it was due to the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had an issue at work and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter that worked with PwC, and then had another phone screen with a director. Next we had in-person interview with managing director, and partner of the practice. The interview process was standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Two behavioral interviews on campus with Managers, then final rounds at the New York office; one case and one behavioral interview with Managers, then one behavioral with a Partner.

I believe they are switching the format so that cases will be in the first round, and final rounds will only be behavioral. Advice is to be friendly but do make sure you show your business acumen during the case interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Mc Lean, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview took 3 months. Got great feedback including partner interview and then was put on hold. When I finally heard back they said they decided to go with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had the influence senior leadership   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

case, behavioral, situational. 3 rounds with manager, directors, and partners. not very hard. want to assess cultural fit and ability to build relationships more than anything. cases aren't that difficult but prepare your frameworks and case prep.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

A friend referred me in. First contact was phone screen with recruiter. Next/last step was in-person interviews with 4-5 managers/directors and 1 partner. Partner approval/endorsement is required, obviously. Follow-up time was not the best but recruiters were very responsive when contacted. After in-person interview, offer came at the end of the week. No negotiation because it was fair.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed in New York. Overall, the interview was casual with behavioral style questions. Phone screening and then super day. Super day was 3 rounds, plus time for the case study analysis. Everyone was very professional, friendly, and bright. Seemed like a great firm and place to work.

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

I applied online via the PwC Careers page. A recruiter contacted me within a week for a phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes.

I was very quickly (within several days) contacted by the recruiter to set up an in-person interview.

Two weeks later I was interviewed in the office individually by four different managers over two hours.

Each manager had a specific set of questions to ask and sat with me for thirty minutes.

1) The first asked me about myself very generally, why I was interested in working at PwC and a quick rundown of my past experiences,
    2) The next asked very specific details about my past and experiences, pinning down exactly what I would be doing in my current role and trying to understand if I was capable in those areas,
    3) The third talked about my career path and ability to bring innovation to the team, and
    4) The last one asked a few questions on why I was leaving my current job. This person was the most senior manager and appeared to just be there to sign off on me overall.

I was offered the job within a week after that.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job.   1 Answer