PwC Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

108 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

All those involved were ignorant of the others in the process. Eventually, I was asked to relocate and made a lesser offer because I was told my non-profit experience didn't apply (although, it was the exact same me type of position). I accepted the offer and then they went back on their offer and said they changed their mind. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They went back on their offer.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was standard. There was an HR screen, a telephone screen with a Manager, and three in-person interviews with Directors. The first in-person interview was the case study. I received the case study two days in advance of the interview, worked on it quite a bit at home, and was happy to have it out of the way. The woman who conducted the case with me was very pleasant and patient. In retrospect, I don't know if I would have spent as much time preparing for the case as I did. I was unhappy with the way the final interview went because the person interviewing me was more concerned about how I got there (and how I landed prior positions) than my experience and what I could bring to the table. The last person asked too many personal questions -- not good, not professional. There was no interview debrief with HR or walkout -- it was pretty strange.

Interview Questions

• From what I recall of the business case.
      ...Please design a proposal that addresses one or more of the following key questions and areas of focus:
      -What are the challenges and/or opportunities with the current operating model?
      -What framework and approach should be used to improve the operating model?
      -(and two others).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Was referred into the Company. Individuals I met with were very intelligent and asked both technical and non technical questions. Should know your resume inside out before the interview

Can tell from the interview process that on the job I will also be challenged to thnk outside the box. All interviewers were very sharp and knew their business focus well.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I was referred to the company through a friend, initial contact was via e-mail by a HR Manager. Interview process consists of:
    -Initial phone screen by HR Manager
    -Phone interview with a senior associate
    -2 face-to-face interview (1 at an external location due to interviewer's client engagement)
    -Phone interview with a manager
    -Phone interview with partner

Process took about 2.5-3 months total from first contact, the last few steps happened in a hurry, offer came a day after last interview. The interview themselves were all behavioral and about my experiences
    HR Manager was in contact all through the interview process and was very helpful in coaching me every step of the way. Though initial communication was sparse, rest of the process was well guided.

Interview Questions

• Why or how do you think your experiences apply to consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is a bit on the low side (but not excessively low), especially for the region I am based out of, relatively speaking based on my experience and level of hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round 2 45 minute case interviews. Second round 4 interviews, 3 fit, 1 case. They took all the candidates and put them in a big room and they had us prepare a presentation on an aspect of a case that was provided beforehand.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

More concerned with general intelligence and fit than specific industry/technical experience. It was a generally easy process and experience. There again, I was a referral, which made it easier. No recommendations for improvement.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Typically, there are three interviews for an experience senior associate (experienced-hired). The topics discussed for each interview surround the firm's professional progression framework: whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

This is for an experienced hire application. Overall the process was about three months long from initial application online to an open position. There were several two or three week periods in which I was not updated, it did not irritate me at all, I know it's a prolonged process. Initial phone interview with the recruiter followed up a few weeks later with an office visit, then about a month after the office visit an offer was made.

The office visit turned out well, the people I met with were pleasant and kind. Only my first interviewer of the three asked any tough 'emotional response' questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to re-evaluate your approach to something and how you eventually were successful.   Answer Question

received a better offer from another big 4 firm. The other firm had an office atmosphere that seemed to be a better fit for me personally.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I was an experienced hire from an employee referral. I had original phone interview with HR. They are basically the gatekeeper. They don't like you, you don't get in. Later had phone interviews with Manager, and two Directors. Lastly, had Interview Day at the office with two Managers, Director, and Partner. No case, all behavioral/technical stuff. Want to see if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC? Why a career move to consulting? Do you know what we do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty much a take it or leave it. They have a pretty good idea what you're worth. A job at PwC isn't always about the money.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very thorough screening by internal head hunter. Then I met with my future team members, from associate all the way to partner. Most of these were over the phone in a conference room at the PwC office. Some were face to face. An interview with team HR followed over the phone with some typical behavioral HR questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about my past experience and about global regulatory trends   1 Answer