PwC Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

I met with several people, some covered technical aspects of the job and others covered soft skills. Pretty easy interviews if you knew what you were doing. I interviewed with people who I ultimately reported to, as well as one stakeholder who was more tangential to the role I am in now.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Tampa, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone calls primarily. Never had an in-person interview. First spoke with recruiter, then senior leaders, then the hiring manager. After speaking with her, I was offered the position three days later. A total of about 6 interviews all over the phone before the offer was extended. They waited about 2 weeks after the last interview to extend the offer. I countered their offer by 2% but they declined.

Interview Questions

• What I liked doing least. I think this is what got me the job.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I have previous consulting experience, so I talked with several partners and directors besides HR. All but one meeting was via webcam, which I do not prefer. However, all the discussions were pleasant and informative. They seemed interested in learning about my background and experience and answered my questions thoroughly.

Interview Questions

Prefer a smaller, boutique consulting firm.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with in-house recruiter, then a technical interview over the phone, followed by 4 face-to-face interviews in New York. The technical interview was somewhat basic, focusing on OOP principles, design patterns, and XML. There seemed to be an emphasis on whether I knew people who already worked at the company.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume for an open position on the PwC web site. I was initially contacted by a recruiter by phone to schedule a phone interview. When we conducted the call, the recruiter was very professional and pleasant. She gave an overview of the practice area and the position, then asked fairly typical questions, like - "Please give an overview of your career up to this point." Along the way, she asked for additional detail on specific experiences that were most relevant. When we concluded the call, she let me know that she'd speak with the hiring manager(s) and get back to me with an update. It took a little longer than she expected (~ 2 weeks) to get the information she needed, but she was very good about staying in touch with me in the interim. Ultimately, she called and sent an email message to let me know that the position had changed and I wouldn't be considered going forward. Overall, the whole process was handled very professionally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

lots of questions regarding sales ability, and client base. they were looking for someone to get down and dirty with wp review, plus sell $3mm.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your client base, size of clients, services sold, etc   Answer Question
    • tell me about your most difficult client, how did you deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

the opp did not make sense.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was mainly focussed on behavioural aspects. The interviewers asked intelligent questions with a focus on problem solving and stakeholder management. The second interview was via video conference with a Partner.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince an existing customer to continue to use our services after a missed deadline due to unforeseen circumstances.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview with the local partner followed by interview with regional lead partner. A painless experience - more of a conversation than an interview, emphasising personality fit, drive, motivation and intellectual rigour. No unnecessary repetition of your CV or "Give me an example of when..." type questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain my precise role, contribution and learning experience on projects that I had cited as achievements   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Canberra (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

Through extenuating circumstances, I ended up conducting 6 interviews with a combination of other senior managers, directors and partners. The interview process combined competency-based questions, psych testing, one-on-ones, etc. Throughout the process I was kept well informed and the people I met along the way reinforced my desire to join the company - they were all smart, driven, professional yet personable.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Ask lots of questions about the team culture you're joining. Their are a few teams that don't work well and/or led by a bad partner. Ask about the team dynamics and what is expected of you in the role. How often are you going to have to work late etc..

Interview Questions

• Be prepared answer the question "why you want to work with PwC". They're assessing your ability to deliver a value proposition.   Answer Question

Negotiation