PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

2010 - I had an initial phone interview and was called in for in-person interviews. I interviewed with three people - an HR manager, a director, and a partner. They were all from the same department I would be working in. The process consisted of back to back interviews after which my host then showed me around the office. Overall, everyone was laid back and friendly.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there were any. Most of the questions were general - experience, difficulties faced, what you've learned. The most common question was: Why PwC?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and I don't there would be room to negotiate even if I wanted. I was happy with my offer and accepted on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Process started through college campus. Had first round interview. The interviewers were really friendly and conversational. The questions asked were conversational as well in how I behaved in certain situation. Heard back the next day for 2nd round in office the following week. The in office was some more behavioral questions but mostly to show you why you should pick PwC over other firms. Recieved offer the next day. Told them my decision a week later. Emails back and forth between current employees was also very easy and they were all open to talk about their jobs

Interview Questions

• When have you had multiple deadlines in ashore period of time and what did you do to get through those deadlines?   Answer Question

I decided to choose elsewhere in the Big 4 as I seemed to fit personality wise elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was a typical phone interview. The second round was an office visit. It consisted three 30 mins interviews and an office tour. Interviews were very easy and conversational. The whole office visit aganda was well organized. Questions they asked are"tell me a time you got a feedback from someone and how you react to that feedback";“why tax?"," tell me a time you take a leadership role";"tell me a time you help other people in school or work."tell me a time you apply the knowledge into real life, and how did you overcome the difficulties?"

Interview Questions

• "tell me a time you got a feedback from someone and how you react to that feedback"   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I had the help from my professors and school director through sessions of what the employer might ask me to do according to previous students who got the same position before. Also my resume was reviewed by several people to make it better. Also I had a pre interview which worked as practice for the final interview with a PwC manager - the person I had the interview with ended up becoming my boss.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation about salary; only over how many hours I would be able to work - I said I'm ready to get the job done!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied in June and got a call in September for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to the Chicago office and met with a HR manager, Director, and a partner. Each of these individuals had a 30 minute interview with me which were back to back. They were mostly behavioral questions and focused more on team work and leadership. 3 weeks later I got a call with an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why Tax? Why PwC?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you were involved in a group and had a problem and how did you overcome that problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was happy with what I got.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Started as an on campus interview and was then called in for an on site interview. The people were very friendly and provided lunch. One of the interviews was behavioral and the other was laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

My school did a resume collect for PwC. I was picked for an on campus interview with the firm. They had two people interview me. The questions were mostly behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork, and the like. They also walked through my resume and asked me questions regarding previous employment and experience. Overall, not too bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter, which went really well and a week later received an invitation for an office visit. Office visit consisted of a pre-interview dinner with young associates my age, presentation in the morning by a partner and lead recruiters, 2 interviews with director and a partner, office tour, panel discussion with young associates in all 3 service lines and lunch with host and other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your concept of networking? How do you network?   1 Answer
    • No substantial questions asked of me during my second interview. The interviewer had not even glanced at my resume, was running late and appeared from the start disengage from talking to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep. Person to person interview with an associate as a host. Met with a senior manager, director and partner as well as HR rep. More behavioral based, talked about why I wanted to work there, past experiences

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are competitive in the market, if you expect them to pay a premium for your services you better be bringing something to the table

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

campus interview and onsite

Interview Questions

• Do you complete any task by using your relationship of other people?   Answer Question