PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.8

281 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Had a virtual interview. I was asked a few general questions and behavioral questions. The interviewer was very friendly, and the process was not intensive at all. One of the questions was related to work environment ethics.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Round 1 : Virtual and/or On-Campus Interview
    Round 2 : On-site interview (usually will fly you out, provide hotel and meals/transportation)

Day of Interview: Breakfast, meet with your host (usually an Associate), and will meet with a manager/partner for 30 minutes. You will meet with 3 people total. At the end, the Associates will take you out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC?, What is a constructive dividend?, What do you do outside of work, any hobbies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Campus interview with behavior questions focused on each element of PwC's professional framework. Can vary depending on who you are interviewing with. Some people prefer to go "off-script" and have a conversation. Others may stick to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to convince other people to agree with your choice.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2017.

Interview

First online application, then you wait for about a week to get the notice of first round interview. The first round interview is about 30-45 minutes, and if you pass the first round, the send round will be online video call.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

1st round was on campus, was asked many behavioral interview questions. The main purpose is simply to get to know the candidate and see whether the candidate will be easy to work with. Sometimes the interview would just turn into a casual conversation if there are mutual interests.
    2nd round was in the office. Similar behavioral questions. Some interviewers followed a script of questions, other was more conversational.

Interview Questions

• What was an example in which you demonstrated being detail oriented?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (College Park, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Very short and interesting; I was surprised because there were no behavioral questions. The interviewer mostly asked questions from my resume. For instance, what skills did you acquire from your previous jobs that are easily transferable to the position you are applying for?

Interview Questions

• What are some skills you have acquired from your previous work experiences?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

General behavioral questions - nothing technical was required. Specify how your are on track for the CPA and interest in accounting. Easiest if you apply for their sophomore programs which guarantee you a place in the firm.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

On Campus Interviews are very structured.

Before you even apply, you start networking at a career expo where you drop off your resume to the recruiter. After the expo, they will invite you to a social where you mingle with the staff before applying for the position.

When you apply for the position, apply both via the school portal AND PWC's internal webpage.

If you are selected for a campus interview, they will invite you to a social before the interviews to familiarize you with who you will be interviewing with and what to expect from the interviews.

After the campus interviews, you will get notice of an office visit - aka final round. This is a 1.5 day event. The evening before the office visit, you are whisked to a fancy restaurant with staff and a manager. That night you stay in the adjoining hotel, for conveniency. The next day is a full-day of Interviews, office tour, and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult time working in a group   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

It was highly efficient and the people were very easy to talk to. It was a relaxed but professional interview that gave a good indication of the people and work I would encounter.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Three-stage process with manager, director, and partner from line of service and specialty group applied for-discuss various dimensions (i.e., whole leadership, relationships, global acumen, etc.). Other parts of the discussion was very conversational to determine fit within the overall team.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the greatest challenges you faced while working on a team?   Answer Question