PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.8

268 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

General behavioral questions - nothing technical was required. Specify how your are on track for the CPA and interest in accounting. Easiest if you apply for their sophomore programs which guarantee you a place in the firm.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

On Campus Interviews are very structured.

Before you even apply, you start networking at a career expo where you drop off your resume to the recruiter. After the expo, they will invite you to a social where you mingle with the staff before applying for the position.

When you apply for the position, apply both via the school portal AND PWC's internal webpage.

If you are selected for a campus interview, they will invite you to a social before the interviews to familiarize you with who you will be interviewing with and what to expect from the interviews.

After the campus interviews, you will get notice of an office visit - aka final round. This is a 1.5 day event. The evening before the office visit, you are whisked to a fancy restaurant with staff and a manager. That night you stay in the adjoining hotel, for conveniency. The next day is a full-day of Interviews, office tour, and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult time working in a group   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

It was highly efficient and the people were very easy to talk to. It was a relaxed but professional interview that gave a good indication of the people and work I would encounter.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Three-stage process with manager, director, and partner from line of service and specialty group applied for-discuss various dimensions (i.e., whole leadership, relationships, global acumen, etc.). Other parts of the discussion was very conversational to determine fit within the overall team.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the greatest challenges you faced while working on a team?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through online portal and was emailed to set up a virtual interview. On interview day talked with a campus recruiter, he asked three questions and then told me I'd hear back in a week. Questions were simple, yet I received a rejection email 5 days later. I don't understand how a company can rule you out by asking questions that require one sentence answers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a colleague was divulging client information?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and got initial interview through google hangouts. Just usual personality questions such as how did you do in teamwork, how did you overcome difficulties when you facing multiple deadlines.

Interview Questions

• -how did you do in teamwork.
      -how did you overcome difficulties when you facing multiple deadlines.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through a special link on my university's career database. I then filled out a fairly extensive online application, as well as submitted unofficial transcripts. About 2 days later, I received an email asking me to schedule a video interview via Google Hangouts. The campus recruiter I spoke with was very professional and easy to talk to; this initial interview lasted about 30 minutes, most of which was spent talking about past experience. There were also a couple behavioral questions asked. He told me I would hear back in about 4-5 weeks. 10 days later, a campus recruiting manager called to let me know I would advance to the next round, which would be another video interview with a Tax Partner. She confirmed basic info, including that I would be at 150 credit hours before the start of employment, and gave me tenative dates for interviews & post-hiring events.

About 2 weeks after that, I received an email asking me to schedule my partner interview. The partner interview was mostly behavioral questions, but there were a couple technical ones as well. Be sure to do your research on PwC, the culture, day in the life, etc. Come prepared with questions that aren't basic. The partner interview lasted just over 30 minutes. The next day, the campus recruiting manager I'd been working with called me to confirm that PwC would extend an offer.

I've had a few different interview experiences, mostly with large corporations, and never have I seen the entire process handled so gracefully and professionally. The fact that PwC, and especially the Campus Recruiting team, manages to do this when there are so many different parties involved speaks highly of them as a company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw/heard one of your co-workers releasing confidential client information?   4 Answers

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation the next day for an initial virtual interview through Google Hangouts with a recruiter. Behavioral and situational questions. Notified 3 weeks later that all the candidates they interviewed couldn't be invited to final round interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle large sets of data?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Received an on-site interview and talked to HR and two partners in the afternoon at the office. Behavior interview questions were asked, fairly easy. Had a good experience talking to partners.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. She simply went through resume and asked few questions that she found interesting on the resume. It was really conversational. A lot of time to ask the interviewer questions.