PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through a special link on my university's career database. I then filled out a fairly extensive online application, as well as submitted unofficial transcripts. About 2 days later, I received an email asking me to schedule a video interview via Google Hangouts. The campus recruiter I spoke with was very professional and easy to talk to; this initial interview lasted about 30 minutes, most of which was spent talking about past experience. There were also a couple behavioral questions asked. He told me I would hear back in about 4-5 weeks. 10 days later, a campus recruiting manager called to let me know I would advance to the next round, which would be another video interview with a Tax Partner. She confirmed basic info, including that I would be at 150 credit hours before the start of employment, and gave me tenative dates for interviews & post-hiring events.

About 2 weeks after that, I received an email asking me to schedule my partner interview. The partner interview was mostly behavioral questions, but there were a couple technical ones as well. Be sure to do your research on PwC, the culture, day in the life, etc. Come prepared with questions that aren't basic. The partner interview lasted just over 30 minutes. The next day, the campus recruiting manager I'd been working with called me to confirm that PwC would extend an offer.

I've had a few different interview experiences, mostly with large corporations, and never have I seen the entire process handled so gracefully and professionally. The fact that PwC, and especially the Campus Recruiting team, manages to do this when there are so many different parties involved speaks highly of them as a company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw/heard one of your co-workers releasing confidential client information?   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Received an on-site interview and talked to HR and two partners in the afternoon at the office. Behavior interview questions were asked, fairly easy. Had a good experience talking to partners.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Very laid back. Mostly just wanted to determine if you were a good fit. Consisted of 4 interviews with different levels of would-be superiors. Overall very low stress event. Plus they treated us to lunch.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. She simply went through resume and asked few questions that she found interesting on the resume. It was really conversational. A lot of time to ask the interviewer questions.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The overall process took less than one month. I submitted my resume in college carrer fair and they emailed me back asking to apply for 4 positions. I applied to all of them and received a interview call in one week.There were 5 rounds

The first round was a hangout interview and was mostly behavioral.They asked me simple questions about my team playing skills and ability to work with team.The second round was also a hangout interview and mostly focussed on my work experience.

Two days later i received an invite for campus visit and they treated us for dinner. Next day we had three rounds of interview where they asked us some technical and programming questions related to the profile i applied. Few basic questions about interfaces , absract classes etc.. Two were technical and one was behavioral.The overall process was very smooth and they made us feel very comfortable.The entire process was handled very professionally and the next day i received an offer.Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me about the time you dealt with a difficult candidate.
      2.Tell me aboutthe time you stood up for what you beleived in
      3.Difference btw interfaces and abstract classes
      4.Difference between class and interface.
      5Few business scenarios and sql tables
      6.Normalization
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was campus recruiting, first round is very conversational, there are no behavioral questions. He asked me a few questions and then I asked him questions. His questions were mainly resume based.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I finished my first-round on-campus interview. The interviewer asked me many behavioral questions. I am waiting for my 2nd round schedule.
    The following questions were asked in my 1st round interview:
    Why tax? Why this office?
    Tell me a situation when you worked with a difficult person.
    Tell me when you worked in a group/leader role.
    Tell me a case when you didn't have enough information.
    ....
    There were more than those. The interviewer also asked me some follow-up questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Was selected for an on campus interview. The on campus interview was very conversational. Started with my background and went on to behavioral questions. Shortly afterwards was invited for a second round interview. The second round interview was with a director and partner. It went ok but yet to hear back. Was told I would hear back within 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to my campus recruiter about office locations, once that was narrowed down, I applied and was selected for an on campus interview. The interview was mostly conversation, with a couple behavioral questions. I then waited about two weeks and received an email to make arrangements for an office visit. There was a pre-night and two interviews. I was notified the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Other relatively simple behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Fullerton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was first round on-campus interview. I interviewed with a partner. He asked me two behavioral questions, things about my resume and for the last 25 minutes he let me ask him questions. I honestly was not prepared for the interview. All I did was stay positive and be myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you got feedback from your boss and how you improved it.   Answer Question