PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.8

267 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, it's standardised behaviour based interview, as well defined in their website. In about 40 mins with about dozen of questions. its quite stressed if you don't prepare well. you have to prepare enough examples from your experiences

Interview Questions

• can you describe a time when your have to deal with multiple tasks, and how did you manage them   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview

Usual contract - agent calls, then phone interview, then face to face at their office. The office is easy to approach, but the place next to the sorting office is in fact the place. It looks fairly modern outside, In interview Tested Technical Stuff, Drafting skill, Soft Skills, Past experience,.......................

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied on campus. Did in campus interivews than interviews at the local office. After passing those interviews, I got flown out to the DC metro area for another round of office interviews. Everybody in the process is positive and nice. They also let you stay in big hotels and take you out to expensive restaurants to butter you up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time of an ethical dilemma you faced at work and what you did in that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not negotiation. Salary is pretty much set in stone. Take it or leave it. There are so many people willing to work these jobs that big four accounting firms don't have to be as flexible as possible.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

PwC holds "superdays" for fresh graduates every year. After I passed the aptitude test online, I was invited to attend the superday organized for the tax department. The firm was pretty generous as it provided snacks and lunch for the interviewees. Managers and partners there were really willing to share their experiences with us. During the event, I was first asked to do a group presentation with my sub-group, after which I was assigned to do an impromptu individual presentation. The individual task was hard as it really challenged me to think on spot. After all of these, I attended a two-on-one interview with a partner and a manager, which was surprisingly relaxing.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on the assigned business case, why do you want to join the tax department, anything you want to know about working in the tax department, how well do you think you did in the group presentation, what could you have done better in the presentation, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Phila, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 2 virtual interview. 3 questions asked for the first. 5 questions asked for the second. The firm does not recruit from my university so I had to just apply online. In September and October, the firm has PwC featured jobs where you can apply to different positions. Be prepared for behavioral questions. Have a clear response in mind with a lot of detail about the situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were given feedback?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you applied something you learned at school in your daily life?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you learned a computer program?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were in a group and had to make a decision together?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The initial screening took place at my university. We had an event, what some might refer to as a "career fair," and "coffee chats." I found the recruiters be friendly initially and then to be cold and uninviting.
    I had an interview with a partner from PwC. The partner was extremely kind and alumni of my university.
    Before my second interview, I had an unpleasant experience with a recruiter.
    My second interview was virtual with another partner. I found this interview to be uncomfortable, because I was unable to read my interviewers cues. Based on the instructions given by PwC recruiters interviewees are to look into the camera to maintain eye contact...this was really awkward. Maybe the awkwardness of the virtual interview could have been avoided if I had angled my screen differently.

Interview Questions

• Hardest subject/course during my college experience, how did I overcome it.

How have I, in the past, explained a subject that someone didn't understand.

What news sources would I use in my future profession.   Answer Question

I had more attractive offers, and I didn't like the way I was treated by PwC's recruiters.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Howald (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Howald (Luxembourg)) in August 2016.

Interview

Test de culture générale (en anglais) sur le domaine de la finance puis un entretien avec deux managers du service en question suivi d'un entretien avec un ou plusieurs RH

Interview Questions

• Que pouvez-vous apporter à PwC et en quoi pour vous, vous nous serez indispensable ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Very professional and extremely well organized; quick feedback and easy process (first one on one interview, followed by interviews that lasted an entire day (including lunch); a week later an offer was provided (subject to background check). The interview process was overall a good experience and no negative points can be raised.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Organized and efficient. Went for multiple rounds and heard rather quickly after. HR was nice and on-boarding process was smooth.
    Interviewed by many people at many levels, including the partner. Had to do some brain teasers and answer difficult questions, but felt adequately prepared.
    Did not have to present anything but did go through various rounds before receiving an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had on campus interview then I was invited to for their in office interview a week and a half later. After the office interview, I received the call very next day. Very easy process and their office visit was very enjoyable. I met some of the nicest and down to earth people there. I would recommend knowing the firm and the role inside out as it will help you articulate your answers.