PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I finished my first-round on-campus interview. The interviewer asked me many behavioral questions. I am waiting for my 2nd round schedule.
The following questions were asked in my 1st round interview:
Why tax? Why this office?
Tell me a situation when you worked with a difficult person.
Tell me when you worked in a group/leader role.
Tell me a case when you didn't have enough information.
....
There were more than those. The interviewer also asked me some follow-up questions.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Was selected for an on campus interview. The on campus interview was very conversational. Started with my background and went on to behavioral questions. Shortly afterwards was invited for a second round interview. The second round interview was with a director and partner. It went ok but yet to hear back. Was told I would hear back within 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to my campus recruiter about office locations, once that was narrowed down, I applied and was selected for an on campus interview. The interview was mostly conversation, with a couple behavioral questions. I then waited about two weeks and received an email to make arrangements for an office visit. There was a pre-night and two interviews. I was notified the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Other relatively simple behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Fullerton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was first round on-campus interview. I interviewed with a partner. He asked me two behavioral questions, things about my resume and for the last 25 minutes he let me ask him questions. I honestly was not prepared for the interview. All I did was stay positive and be myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you got feedback from your boss and how you improved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A senior from the east coast interviewed me through video chat. She asked me three behavior questions. It was not hard to answer. She also asked my preferred location. When I answered one, she said the location is not hiring. After a week, I got a rejected email.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to network in order to accomplish a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (College Park, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first round was some normal interview questions, such why this position, why tax and also some behavioral questions. The second and third rounds were more like normal chatting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you deal with a tough client and the result   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The initial screening took place at my university. We had an event, what some might refer to as a "career fair," and "coffee chats." I found the recruiters be friendly initially and then to be cold and uninviting.
    I had an interview with a partner from PwC. The partner was extremely kind and alumni of my university.
    Before my second interview, I had an unpleasant experience with a recruiter.
    My second interview was virtual with another partner. I found this interview to be uncomfortable, because I was unable to read my interviewers cues. Based on the instructions given by PwC recruiters interviewees are to look into the camera to maintain eye contact...this was really awkward. Maybe the awkwardness of the virtual interview could have been avoided if I had angled my screen differently.

Interview Questions

• Hardest subject/course during my college experience, how did I overcome it.

How have I, in the past, explained a subject that someone didn't understand.

What news sources would I use in my future profession.
      Answer Question

I had more attractive offers, and I didn't like the way I was treated by PwC's recruiters.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college. Soon after I got an email saying that I was selected for an interview which came with an invitation for a dinner with employees near my college. I highly recommend going to this - you will probably meet your interviewer! After the 1st round I was quickly invited for a 2nd interview "virtually", then two days later I received my offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you had to resolve a problem?
      Q: Why tax?
      Q: Tell me about x experience
      Very basic behavioral questions in the first interview it lasted about 45 minutes. Second interview was also all behavioral and lasted about 20 minutes.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Phila, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 2 virtual interview. 3 questions asked for the first. 5 questions asked for the second. The firm does not recruit from my university so I had to just apply online. In September and October, the firm has PwC featured jobs where you can apply to different positions. Be prepared for behavioral questions. Have a clear response in mind with a lot of detail about the situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were given feedback?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you applied something you learned at school in your daily life?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you learned a computer program?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were in a group and had to make a decision together?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

interviewed at a convention in Dallas with a tax partner, recommended to LA branch. had a google video chat with a tax manager. was notified two weeks later of the job offer

Interview Questions

• why pwc, when was a time you showed leadership, why tax, explain your roles in club board member positions, job experiences, usage of accounting software.   2 Answers