PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

interviewed at a convention in Dallas with a tax partner, recommended to LA branch. had a google video chat with a tax manager. was notified two weeks later of the job offer

Interview Questions

• why pwc, when was a time you showed leadership, why tax, explain your roles in club board member positions, job experiences, usage of accounting software.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through campus. I had a phone interview, she asked behavioral question. Then she told me what will be the next step. The process took about three weeks until I received a call for superday.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Very professional and extremely well organized; quick feedback and easy process (first one on one interview, followed by interviews that lasted an entire day (including lunch); a week later an offer was provided (subject to background check). The interview process was overall a good experience and no negative points can be raised.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC in May 2016.

Interview

interviewed back and forth with recruiter. Interviewed with their Tax Partner for about 45 minutes. all conversational. Gave me a chance to ask him questions about the firm. He mostly discussed the job, and firm and how he got there. Then interviewed for another 45 min with a manager. she asked a few behavior questions (3/4) mostly talked about our common interests. and then had lunch with the recruiter who answered the remaining questions I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through PwC's website and got an email for a phone interview. She was nice but got straight to the point. I wish she had talked a bit more about the background.

Interview Questions

• First she went over the resume with me very quickly and then she asked me three questions. one was, Ggve an example of where you waited for a feedback.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Organized and efficient. Went for multiple rounds and heard rather quickly after. HR was nice and on-boarding process was smooth.
    Interviewed by many people at many levels, including the partner. Had to do some brain teasers and answer difficult questions, but felt adequately prepared.
    Did not have to present anything but did go through various rounds before receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Biggest challenges faced in life and work - specify   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was mostly behavioral questions and information relating to the job. Afterward I was asked to come in for an interview with the managers and a partner of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had trouble communicating with a manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through college , I passed campus interview. Then, one month later was invited to Tax Super day , where I had 2 more interviews all behavioral questions. one with partner and anther one with director. both were fun and conversational. I asked them my questions during the interview. I was well enganged and made eye contact all the time.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up-to-date with business and industry trends?
      How you manage your time?
      tell me about time when your employee did wrong report and what did you do?
      why pwc, why tax?
      what can you bring to the firm?
      what you expect to develop here?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Stamford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a telephonic interview first followed by the super day. They treated us with a wonderful lunch. PwC overall is very welcoming. Interview questions were challenging. Super day consisted of three rounds of interview each of 30mins. First round was technical. Other two interview were personality based.
    Overall the interview process was interesting.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was i was given a case study.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

A rotation of interviews with Associates, Managers, Directors and Managers. Lunch with potential colleagues and then a night out with employees to mingle as well as see if you fit in with potential coworkers.

Interview Questions

• What brought you into the accounting industry and where do you see yourself going in it?   Answer Question