PwC Tax Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Tax Senior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at PwC

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Rochester, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretter smooth since I was moving from another Big4. Every manager, sr. Manager whom I had interviews with were seemed good people. Typically wheb a person moves from big4 to big4 it seems easy but expectation maybe a little bit higher in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The communication with the PwC recruiter was very unprofessional. I did not feel like I was being addressed as a professional, and there was a general tone and attitude in all my communication with them.

Interview Questions

• What were you evaluated in your last evaluation at your employer?   Answer Question

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

I received an interview through my schools OCI program. I was flown to Boston where I interviewed with 1 Partner and 2 Directors. The interviews were informal and character based questions. Nearly 4 months have gone by, and I have not heard anything back, although I know the position was filled. It would have been nice to receive some kind of indication that an offer would not be made, after spending 2 days traveling back and forth to interview. Otherwise, the office was lovely, and the people seemed nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if 2 different partners assigned you projects and you did not think you had time to do them both.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was at a recruiting event for tax attorneys. I was interviewed by two people--a principle and a director. Then I had a follow up interview for a position with their National Tax department in D.C. Five other people were interviewing at the same time. The follow up interview consisted of a 30 minute intro to the company, followed by six 30-minute interviews with upper-level principles and directors. In between interviews, the interviewees were taken to lunch with some of the current associates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle a mistake on a billion dollar deal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiters are highly responsive and don't leave you hanging unlike some other firms. Had a short conversation with recruiter followed by on-site interviews with four people. Recruiter was wiling to discuss other positions after telling me that I lacked sufficient experience for the position I had interviewed for. Overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Mostly behavioral based, maybe 1 out of 5 people will push for technical interview. Phone screen was HR, nothing to worry about there. Most people at the senior associate level will stick to the script, which is entirely behavioral. People who actually have senior needs on their engagements will interview like your going to work with them.

Don't be nervous, that will fail you the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are 'tell me a time when you....", very few real technical interviews given.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online and got a call from a recruiter within a few days and scheduled an in person interview. First interviewed with the director, then the partner, and then the manager. The recruiter always kept in touch and responded to my emails promptly. Was offered the position within a couple hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. However, I never felt discouraged from doing so. I just didn't feel it was necessary.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in July 2015.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. Both are not hard, behavioral based questions for most of the time. Both interviews are very conversational and involved a lot of chatting. The recruiter and people at the office are all very friendly.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2018.

Interview

For people and organizations, so not your typical Tax interview. After a brief phone screening maybe 15 min call, was asked to fly out to Virginia to meet the team. Each individual interviewed me on a 1:1 basis, Talked to 4-5 people total, different levels of the organization and were all with PwC for different amounts of time.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working 40+ hours? Tell me about a time you dealt with a conflict?, What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

I was an employer with PwC KSDC when I applied for Tax Senior in PwC Canada. There were total two rounds of interview and then a final discussion to be done but cancelled it in the final moment. Later the Indian office did not want their employees to join in Canada, because of this reason even after clearing interview the declined my candidature at the last moment.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about my Canadian Tax Experience, Why I chose Canada, How flexible I'm to work with, Strengths and Few technical questions.   Answer Question