PwC Transfer Pricing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Transfer Pricing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process generally consists of a couple rounds, very straightforward behavioral questions, nothing too technical. I applied through a campus recruiter, second round takes place in the office. They don't expect you to know much about the industry aside from what the role entails, so they don't ask anything too technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced difficulty working in a group.
    Walk me through your resume.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Campus Recruiting posted the job the our campus jobs website. I applied and within a day after the resume submission date I had an email inviting me to schedule an on campus interview. They asked why transfer pricing and walk me through your resume, a time when you had to work on a team, what my excel skills were like. Mostly basic behavioral stuff. Within a few days of the campus interview I got an email for an office visit. The office visit had a dinner with the entire team and partners the night before and then 4 interviews along with a presentation with all the other prospective hires for international tax before and then lunch with the transfer pricing staff after the next day. All 4 interviews were mostly behavioral again, they only invited 5 of us or so in for 2-3 spots so it is less about if you are qualified and more about if they want to work with you. I interviewed on Friday and got a phone call with an offer Tuesday, so a really quick turn around. I have interviewed with all of the Big 4 and PwC by far has the best timeline and turnaround and the people in the office were all much more personable as well. Excited to work here.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing for you when deciding where to work and considering your offers, i.e. is it the salary or work life balance or what?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 members of the TP department one at a time. Each was about 30 minutes long followed by lunch with the two newest associates in the department. Each three were different. One was about the work, one to scrutinize every bit of my resume, and the last about goals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to change your approach to a situation, but still found success.   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

I got to know about the job through campus recruiting. After applying for the job, I first got a phone call asking for my time availability for an interview, then received an email about the interview date and time. The interview was mostly about personal background and resume, nothing very technical. The interviewer was also very friendly. Overall it was an enjoyable interview but I guess I did not manage to stand out/impress them.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose to work in a location so far away from our recruiting office?   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through school career center and got an on-campus interview.

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Interview

Second round interview, a presentation followed by three round partner/director interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Behavioral Style (as with all Big 4)
    Questions such as:
    "how would you deal with X?"
    "tell me of a time you did Y."
    As an entry level candidate, the assumption is you know nothing and can marginally read and write.

Negotiation

HR would not negotiate salary.

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

Phoned at 9:00am on the dot. Asked about resume, schooling, experiences, report writing and presenting. Asked about why Transfer Pricing and why PwC. Interview took about 10 minutes. Was told that next steps would be provided next week. (If successful I suppose.)