PwC Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.8

149 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Horrid. I got caught up in this process for 4 months and they're still jerking me around, though I'm over it at this point. I began this telephone screening early 2016 and the position is still not filled. What makes this so bad is that my salary requirement was screened upfront, so it was passed along before I got called in for a long stream of interviews 3 months later. Immediately after my interview, I received a text message from a partner that they were interested and I'd hear back from HR very soon. During the interview, I was told they really wanted someone experienced to take on more duties than the other "younger EA's." You'd think with that expectation, that would put a more experienced person at the top of their salary meter. I got a call three days later from a recruiter that they were interested in making an offer. I was told she wanted to rush the process and I'd receive it the next day at the latest. After three days of hearing nothing, I followed up to hear that there were ongoing discussions because the salary she submitted to them was on the high end of the spectrum. To this day, I'm not even sure what she submitted. My expectations were clear in the beginning, so there should not be any surprises. She told me they thought it was 5k lower. Well, it's been 3 weeks since my interview, no one is responding, and my last conversation with the recruiter was they'd come back with something. I've heard nothing. It's really wrong to string candidates along, much less for weeks after an interview. My "recruiter" who was non-responsive from the beginning..she's horrible...took off on leave for the whole week and "passed my file to someone else" who is also non-responsive. Now, I'm told they are interviewing other candidates which is not kosher to do after telling someone they are getting an offer. At this point, a normal marketable candidate should be disgusted. I am disgusted and am no longer interested in this job. It is a real reflection on how they feel about their administrators to not live up to their promises, not take time to wrap up, not keep candidates informed, and also to not pay at the upper end of the salary for experience....when they make the money they do is crazy. They have new grads who negotiate salaries over 5k a year. It's insulting and I will have nothing good to say about this company. And, I know a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• Will you do extra work we don't expect from the younger administrators here?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The questions were weirdly asked and they seemed like they were trying to get information out of you that isn't legal for them to ask in a straightforward manner.

Interview Questions

• What type of news outlets do you pay attention to and how do they affect your daily life?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied on campus. Did in campus interivews than interviews at the local office. After passing those interviews, I got flown out to the DC metro area for another round of office interviews. Everybody in the process is positive and nice. They also let you stay in big hotels and take you out to expensive restaurants to butter you up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time of an ethical dilemma you faced at work and what you did in that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not negotiation. Salary is pretty much set in stone. Take it or leave it. There are so many people willing to work these jobs that big four accounting firms don't have to be as flexible as possible.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The first part was a phone screening interview. Then I got a call back to interview with two directors and one partner at the firm. A few days later I got a call back from the recruiter that I got an offer. Then it took about 3 weeks to get the official offer.

Interview Questions

• What kind of leadership did you demonstrate in your last employment?   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process from beginning to end was very well structured. The recruiter who contacted me was very responsive, answered all of my questions from beginning to end. The process from the first email to the offer took 30 days. I interviewed with a manager, a managing director, and a director. All three took place the same day back to back in what they called a "super day".

Interview Questions

• All interview questions focused around the PwC five pillars, my experience, and other hypotheticals. Specifically, on if Ï had ever provided critique o a team member and what that experience was"; "Why I wanted to work in consulting", why I wanted to work for PwC; "had I ever had to provide advice to senior management and what the result was"   1 Answer

Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

On-campus behavioral interview following the Pwc Interview framework. Interviewed with a director, because the manager of the team wasn't in town. Spent 15 minutes answering questions, and the other 15 minutes asking questions and chatting. Generally it was very laid-back, but competitive. It's important to be personable and talkative.

Interview Questions

• If you suspect that your colleague is delivering confidential information of the company to outsiders, what would you do.   1 Answer

Corporate Intelligence Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews (one in a foreign language to measure my ability), an in-office interview consisting of: translating a news article into English, an hour to read questions and prepare a case presentation (sent out before the interview), 30 minutes to present and answer questions, and an a 1:1 interview with a director. Many of the behavioral interview questions happened over the phone so the in-person interview was more conversational. The next day I had a phone interview with a partner (mostly behavioral) and received a verbal offer a little over a week later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position and why does it interest you?   1 Answer

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview done on campus. The interviewer asked mostly standard behavioral questions and questions about my resume. He also was not scared to go in depth and ask me about my GPA (saying it was lower than most of the other applicants) and asking me to explain it. Was a bit tricky and threw me off guard

Interview Questions

• One time you had troubles with a team and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

One on-site interview with a senior manager, then an on-site interview with four partners. Each partner focused on one of the four aspects of the PwC Professional. The recruiter was very straight-forward about what was going to be asked.

Forensic Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at my college career fair. Had an on-campus interview which involved two separate behavioral interviews with different managers. Each lasted about 30 minutes, and asked typical questions. Only a few technical questions at this point. Then was selected for a final round interview at their office. This involved a case study, which I received two days in advance, and some more behavioral/technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are some current events/issues from your field that you have interest in?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time that you used technology to overcome a hurdle or problem that you faced?   1 Answer