PwC Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Corporate Intelligence Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

First, I received a phone call with an HR person, who went through screening. That was an easy interview. Mostly, generic questions.

Second, after a few weeks, I received a second phone call to schedule a language assessment test. This was short and sweet. Asked me for dates and we scheduled for the test to take place a week after the call.

Third, I received an email with a document, where I am asked to read the documents in language the company needed for. One document was an article about someone while the second one was a generic document. If you are familiar with the language, this should be a piece of cake.

Fourth, which was around 2 weeks after language screening, I received a call from another different person from HR, who asked for times to have an in-person interview.

Lastly, a couple of weeks later, I went to the office and interviewed with around 6 people. The in-person interview was conversational and somewhat not useful since it was rushed with everyone.

Notes:

The majority of the team went to Georgetown's school of foreign services, and it seemed like that was the main target school for this division.

Throughout the process, none of the HR individuals would respond if you had any questions, and they definitely seemed to care less about any of your input or your time.

One of the managers was extremely condescending. He seemed to be asking me questions as if I did not even know the role, I was applying for. He also arrived unprepared.

Finally, they never reached out back to say if I got declined from the position or not. They just left this, open ended. No one responds, and no one cares to even respond to the follow-up emails sent.

Overall, an extremely negative experience. After the language screening, it seemed as if they have already chosen who they wanted and were following up with interviews just to get it out of the way.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Mc Lean, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview took 3 months. Got great feedback including partner interview and then was put on hold. When I finally heard back they said they decided to go with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had the influence senior leadership   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process from beginning to end was very well structured. The recruiter who contacted me was very responsive, answered all of my questions from beginning to end. The process from the first email to the offer took 30 days. I interviewed with a manager, a managing director, and a director. All three took place the same day back to back in what they called a "super day".

Interview Questions

• All interview questions focused around the PwC five pillars, my experience, and other hypotheticals. Specifically, on if Ï had ever provided critique o a team member and what that experience was"; "Why I wanted to work in consulting", why I wanted to work for PwC; "had I ever had to provide advice to senior management and what the result was"   1 Answer

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed about my skills and the job I applied for they said they needed someone with my international background. I felt pretty good about the interview but didn't hear anything from them for weeks. I finally asked why I hadn't heard anything and they said they had already left me a message on my phone which wasn't true. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible as far as the hours needed for this job?   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Simple one-on-one Skype/phone interview for the PWC Elevate program with a Risk Assurance Partner. The interviewer began by introducing himself and the firm, then had a prompt of 3 questions that he asked everyone. The 3 questions only lasted 15 minutes or so; the majority of the interview was him talking. The interviewer was really helpful and responsive, didn't ask any technicals questions at all. Note that this interview was for the PWC Elevate program, not directly for the internship. Participating in the program then led to an internship offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date with current events?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process had two rounds. The first round was an easy behavioral style interview via skype just to assess your competency and fit. The second round was a super day in DC where you went through four interviews. Three of these were also behavioral. The last was a case-style interview. The case was given 48 hours in advance.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a breach of confidentiality by a coworker?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Horrid. I got caught up in this process for 4 months and they're still jerking me around, though I'm over it at this point. I began this telephone screening early 2016 and the position is still not filled. What makes this so bad is that my salary requirement was screened upfront, so it was passed along before I got called in for a long stream of interviews 3 months later. Immediately after my interview, I received a text message from a partner that they were interested and I'd hear back from HR very soon. During the interview, I was told they really wanted someone experienced to take on more duties than the other "younger EA's." You'd think with that expectation, that would put a more experienced person at the top of their salary meter. I got a call three days later from a recruiter that they were interested in making an offer. I was told she wanted to rush the process and I'd receive it the next day at the latest. After three days of hearing nothing, I followed up to hear that there were ongoing discussions because the salary she submitted to them was on the high end of the spectrum. To this day, I'm not even sure what she submitted. My expectations were clear in the beginning, so there should not be any surprises. She told me they thought it was 5k lower. Well, it's been 3 weeks since my interview, no one is responding, and my last conversation with the recruiter was they'd come back with something. I've heard nothing. It's really wrong to string candidates along, much less for weeks after an interview. My "recruiter" who was non-responsive from the beginning..she's horrible...took off on leave for the whole week and "passed my file to someone else" who is also non-responsive. Now, I'm told they are interviewing other candidates which is not kosher to do after telling someone they are getting an offer. At this point, a normal marketable candidate should be disgusted. I am disgusted and am no longer interested in this job. It is a real reflection on how they feel about their administrators to not live up to their promises, not take time to wrap up, not keep candidates informed, and also to not pay at the upper end of the salary for experience....when they make the money they do is crazy. They have new grads who negotiate salaries over 5k a year. It's insulting and I will have nothing good to say about this company. And, I know a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• Will you do extra work we don't expect from the younger administrators here?   1 Answer

Elevate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward. It was on campus and i was met in the room by a team of greeters. I then interviewed with a partner and it was mostly conversational. Very simple and nothing to be terrible worried about. Be confident, but be prepared as well

START Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with one of the managers in the advisory sector. He mostly asked me behavioral questions and we talked a lot about my resume. At the end he asked me "if you knew someone who leaked confidential information, what would you do?"

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Corporate Intelligence Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews (one in a foreign language to measure my ability), an in-office interview consisting of: translating a news article into English, an hour to read questions and prepare a case presentation (sent out before the interview), 30 minutes to present and answer questions, and an a 1:1 interview with a director. Many of the behavioral interview questions happened over the phone so the in-person interview was more conversational. The next day I had a phone interview with a partner (mostly behavioral) and received a verbal offer a little over a week later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position and why does it interest you?   1 Answer