PwC Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.8

158 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CS&P Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was one of the smoothest I went through during this recruiting cycle. There were four interviews total broken up into two days. The first two interviews were on-campus and consisted of a behavioral and case interview. Within 24 hours I was notified that I was invited to the final round. The second two interviews were on-site and were both behavioral. Definitely be ready for behavioral questions. They really just want to know what makes you tick and why you are applying to work with them. If you're excited and honest, they'll see that.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class related to your field and why?   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very straight forward and extremely smooth. I had an on campus interview first followed by a phone screening. I then had a superday out at the office where I met with a number of managers, directors, and one partner. They treated us extremely well, which helped me make my decision to accept the internship offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions looking for fit.   1 Answer

Advisory Associate (MC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Changed the order/process a bit this year for advisory (or at least in my region). Applied through PwC's website and my campus career's website for an on-campus interview. I was notified shortly after that I was selected for an interview. First round was a 90 minute case interview with a director (45 mins to prepare slides, 45 mins for presentation/ interview). The case was sent to me over email 48 hours before the interview. The 45 mins to prepare slides goes by quickly, so make sure to read the case carefully beforehand and prepare notes to bring in with you.

Notified a week later that I had moved on to final round of interviews. This time the interview was conducted over skype. Much more behavioral and some fit questions relating to the five pillars of the PwC professional.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about group project dynamics, working with others-- "Describe a time..."   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I finished my first-round on-campus interview. The interviewer asked me many behavioral questions. I am waiting for my 2nd round schedule.
    The following questions were asked in my 1st round interview:
    Why tax? Why this office?
    Tell me a situation when you worked with a difficult person.
    Tell me when you worked in a group/leader role.
    Tell me a case when you didn't have enough information.
    ....
    There were more than those. The interviewer also asked me some follow-up questions.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The first part was a phone screening interview. Then I got a call back to interview with two directors and one partner at the firm. A few days later I got a call back from the recruiter that I got an offer. Then it took about 3 weeks to get the official offer.

Interview Questions

• What kind of leadership did you demonstrate in your last employment?   1 Answer

Auurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

two rounds or interviews, first one is on campus by a senior manager and second one via Skype by a partner in your preference office. The whole process is around a month. Interviewees are very nice and patient, making the process easy and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose our firm?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (College Park, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first round was some normal interview questions, such why this position, why tax and also some behavioral questions. The second and third rounds were more like normal chatting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you deal with a tough client and the result   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

On campus first round, "superday" with 3 interviews and a lunch. 1 manager and 2 partners. Did not paint a clear picture of the group. Lunch was with younger employees.

Corporate Intelligence Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

First, I received a phone call with an HR person, who went through screening. That was an easy interview. Mostly, generic questions.

Second, after a few weeks, I received a second phone call to schedule a language assessment test. This was short and sweet. Asked me for dates and we scheduled for the test to take place a week after the call.

Third, I received an email with a document, where I am asked to read the documents in language the company needed for. One document was an article about someone while the second one was a generic document. If you are familiar with the language, this should be a piece of cake.

Fourth, which was around 2 weeks after language screening, I received a call from another different person from HR, who asked for times to have an in-person interview.

Lastly, a couple of weeks later, I went to the office and interviewed with around 6 people. The in-person interview was conversational and somewhat not useful since it was rushed with everyone.

Notes:

The majority of the team went to Georgetown's school of foreign services, and it seemed like that was the main target school for this division.

Throughout the process, none of the HR individuals would respond if you had any questions, and they definitely seemed to care less about any of your input or your time.

One of the managers was extremely condescending. He seemed to be asking me questions as if I did not even know the role, I was applying for. He also arrived unprepared.

Finally, they never reached out back to say if I got declined from the position or not. They just left this, open ended. No one responds, and no one cares to even respond to the follow-up emails sent.

Overall, an extremely negative experience. After the language screening, it seemed as if they have already chosen who they wanted and were following up with interviews just to get it out of the way.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Mc Lean, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview took 3 months. Got great feedback including partner interview and then was put on hold. When I finally heard back they said they decided to go with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had the influence senior leadership   1 Answer