PwC Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Simple one-on-one Skype/phone interview for the PWC Elevate program with a Risk Assurance Partner. The interviewer began by introducing himself and the firm, then had a prompt of 3 questions that he asked everyone. The 3 questions only lasted 15 minutes or so; the majority of the interview was him talking. The interviewer was really helpful and responsive, didn't ask any technicals questions at all. Note that this interview was for the PWC Elevate program, not directly for the internship. Participating in the program then led to an internship offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date with current events?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process had two rounds. The first round was an easy behavioral style interview via skype just to assess your competency and fit. The second round was a super day in DC where you went through four interviews. Three of these were also behavioral. The last was a case-style interview. The case was given 48 hours in advance.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a breach of confidentiality by a coworker?   Answer Question

Elevate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward. It was on campus and i was met in the room by a team of greeters. I then interviewed with a partner and it was mostly conversational. Very simple and nothing to be terrible worried about. Be confident, but be prepared as well

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Horrid. I got caught up in this process for 4 months and they're still jerking me around, though I'm over it at this point. I began this telephone screening early 2016 and the position is still not filled. What makes this so bad is that my salary requirement was screened upfront, so it was passed along before I got called in for a long stream of interviews 3 months later. Immediately after my interview, I received a text message from a partner that they were interested and I'd hear back from HR very soon. During the interview, I was told they really wanted someone experienced to take on more duties than the other "younger EA's." You'd think with that expectation, that would put a more experienced person at the top of their salary meter. I got a call three days later from a recruiter that they were interested in making an offer. I was told she wanted to rush the process and I'd receive it the next day at the latest. After three days of hearing nothing, I followed up to hear that there were ongoing discussions because the salary she submitted to them was on the high end of the spectrum. To this day, I'm not even sure what she submitted. My expectations were clear in the beginning, so there should not be any surprises. She told me they thought it was 5k lower. Well, it's been 3 weeks since my interview, no one is responding, and my last conversation with the recruiter was they'd come back with something. I've heard nothing. It's really wrong to string candidates along, much less for weeks after an interview. My "recruiter" who was non-responsive from the beginning..she's horrible...took off on leave for the whole week and "passed my file to someone else" who is also non-responsive. Now, I'm told they are interviewing other candidates which is not kosher to do after telling someone they are getting an offer. At this point, a normal marketable candidate should be disgusted. I am disgusted and am no longer interested in this job. It is a real reflection on how they feel about their administrators to not live up to their promises, not take time to wrap up, not keep candidates informed, and also to not pay at the upper end of the salary for experience....when they make the money they do is crazy. They have new grads who negotiate salaries over 5k a year. It's insulting and I will have nothing good to say about this company. And, I know a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• Will you do extra work we don't expect from the younger administrators here?   1 Answer

START Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with one of the managers in the advisory sector. He mostly asked me behavioral questions and we talked a lot about my resume. At the end he asked me "if you knew someone who leaked confidential information, what would you do?"

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Corporate Intelligence Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews (one in a foreign language to measure my ability), an in-office interview consisting of: translating a news article into English, an hour to read questions and prepare a case presentation (sent out before the interview), 30 minutes to present and answer questions, and an a 1:1 interview with a director. Many of the behavioral interview questions happened over the phone so the in-person interview was more conversational. The next day I had a phone interview with a partner (mostly behavioral) and received a verbal offer a little over a week later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position and why does it interest you?   1 Answer

Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

On-campus behavioral interview following the Pwc Interview framework. Interviewed with a director, because the manager of the team wasn't in town. Spent 15 minutes answering questions, and the other 15 minutes asking questions and chatting. Generally it was very laid-back, but competitive. It's important to be personable and talkative.

Interview Questions

• If you suspect that your colleague is delivering confidential information of the company to outsiders, what would you do.   1 Answer

Risk Assurance CP&ITR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

On campus Interview got through career portal, office interview (with free stay and lunches and breakfast)and phone interview(with some random president after more than a month after the first one)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

1st round - behavioral phone interview. 2nd round - behavioral phone interview and really wanted to see if you remembered the names/facts that were discussed in the 1st round. 3rd round - office visit with 4-5 interview rounds with various levels of management, a case study presentation (case given 48 hours in advance) and lunch

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

The interview questions were around Program & Portfolio skill knowledge (e.g., Schedule Management, Dependency Management, Risk & Issue Management and Program Integration), experience leading teams what I'm looking for in my career. The interview process has changed since I joined as PwC has established a new framework on how employees are evaluated at the end of each performance year.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Describe your leadership style? What traits make a good leader?
      Q2: How do you effectively manage teams?
      Q3: What experience do you have in Program & Portfolio Management?
      Answer Question