PwC Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

I went through 3-4 phone interviews (one with a recruiter and then a few with people from the team) and then was brought in for an in-person interview where I met with four people.

Advisory Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Quick and to the point covering technical as well as soft skills. With 3 separate panelists interviewing and asking different questions. All the interviews were on 1 days with myself and other shortlisted candidates

Interview Questions

• Technical process analysis walkthrough question, which was expected and is commonplace in such a regulated industry   Answer Question

Negotiation

Uncomfortable as can be expected, between new relationships being built

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and had an initial phone screening and answered some routine questions. Then was brought in for an in-person interview with a partner, manager and director - all behavioral since I was coming from another Big 4 firm and fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join PwC?   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone call for 1st round (Behavioral). Then asked to attend a final round interview in the DC office. Found out about offer a week later. Final round consisted of 2 behavioral interviews and a case with various managers and partners. Extremely efficient and professional process. Found out about offer quicker than I had expected.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style? Tell me about the most difficult courses you have taken at your University. What role do you usually take in a group environment? Walk me through your resume. Why PwC?   Answer Question

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two HR screening interviews and then one phone interview with Senior Manager. Invited to in office interviews where I interviewed with 3 people (Manager, Sr Manager and Director level). Interview questions included Skills Assessment and the usual background questions. There was no case study but the director presented a challenging set of questions in the Tell me a time when... format. I interviewed with multiple top 5 consulting firms and PwC was the most positive experience. Interviewers were respectful of time and offered a lot of information on the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on previous experience (tell me a time when...). These were the toughest questions but should not be an issue for anyone who has prepared well for the interview.   Answer Question

After in office interviews, I was presented an offer. However, the offer was contingent upon the official signing of a contract (this was not mentioned during the interview process). I had to wait for 3 weeks for the written offer to be sent to me but the contract was still not signed. I waited 3 more weeks and delayed a decision on another offer but ultimately decided I could not give up the other offer as it was significantly more salary.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview, an HR person who welcomes you telling you about all of the opportunities at pwc and three interviewers, a host who gives you a tour and takes you out to lunch. Definitely be prepared to talk about current events, behavioral questions your resume, and why you are interested in pwc. The interview wasn't as bad as i expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a partner in a group project who didn't do any work.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

My situation may not be typical but it was still positive. I was referred for a position by an employee so i got a call from a PwC recruiter to kick off the process.
    The recruiter was predominately the cheerleader who talked up the companies reputation and benefits. Next step was a phone screen by my future manager and future director. I passed that step and had to interview face to face with the project partner. I'm told typically it is the opposite ( in person with manager and phone with the partner)
    The project management team verified my experience and the partner was the final review to ensure I was ready for a client facing role.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with Recruiter - she sent email about the position - then I sent her my most recent resume. She asked why I was looking for new employment - informed her that my contract had just ended.
    Next - she passed my resume on to the senior recruiter and that recruiter went through my resume and asked about my experience, what can I contribute to the position.
    Next - the Senior Recruiter passed my resume and information on to the Project Manager and that interview was great, she asked about my IT background, how the team would be structured and also what I could contribute as the Team lead.
    Finally was the face to face at the local office with a PWC Director and the PM. It went well and I had an offer within 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking a new position with this company. What can you contribute to this team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great because it forced to you develop great interviewing skills. I had to make sure i was on top of my game. I had a interview with threes different partners with the firm. Ask question from school to jobs to career goals

Senior Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted via email by a junior recruiter followed by a phone interview, then another phone interview by HR Manager with detailed information about Position and ball-park figure of compensation. Then 2 weeks later received an email from recruiter for schedule of in-person interview with hiring managers. The recruiter included the on-boarding packet. I interviewed with the Finance Director and Finance Manager.

Interview Questions

• 1) How I learn about the position
      2) Knowledge about CostPoint and Deltek