PwC Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.7

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very straight forward and extremely smooth. I had an on campus interview first followed by a phone screening. I then had a superday out at the office where I met with a number of managers, directors, and one partner. They treated us extremely well, which helped me make my decision to accept the internship offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions looking for fit.   1 Answer

Advisory Associate (MC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Changed the order/process a bit this year for advisory (or at least in my region). Applied through PwC's website and my campus career's website for an on-campus interview. I was notified shortly after that I was selected for an interview. First round was a 90 minute case interview with a director (45 mins to prepare slides, 45 mins for presentation/ interview). The case was sent to me over email 48 hours before the interview. The 45 mins to prepare slides goes by quickly, so make sure to read the case carefully beforehand and prepare notes to bring in with you.

Notified a week later that I had moved on to final round of interviews. This time the interview was conducted over skype. Much more behavioral and some fit questions relating to the five pillars of the PwC professional.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about group project dynamics, working with others-- "Describe a time..."   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I finished my first-round on-campus interview. The interviewer asked me many behavioral questions. I am waiting for my 2nd round schedule.
    The following questions were asked in my 1st round interview:
    Why tax? Why this office?
    Tell me a situation when you worked with a difficult person.
    Tell me when you worked in a group/leader role.
    Tell me a case when you didn't have enough information.
    ....
    There were more than those. The interviewer also asked me some follow-up questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

On campus first round, "superday" with 3 interviews and a lunch. 1 manager and 2 partners. Did not paint a clear picture of the group. Lunch was with younger employees.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process from beginning to end was very well structured. The recruiter who contacted me was very responsive, answered all of my questions from beginning to end. The process from the first email to the offer took 30 days. I interviewed with a manager, a managing director, and a director. All three took place the same day back to back in what they called a "super day".

Interview Questions

• All interview questions focused around the PwC five pillars, my experience, and other hypotheticals. Specifically, on if Ï had ever provided critique o a team member and what that experience was"; "Why I wanted to work in consulting", why I wanted to work for PwC; "had I ever had to provide advice to senior management and what the result was"   1 Answer

Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Simple one-on-one Skype/phone interview for the PWC Elevate program with a Risk Assurance Partner. The interviewer began by introducing himself and the firm, then had a prompt of 3 questions that he asked everyone. The 3 questions only lasted 15 minutes or so; the majority of the interview was him talking. The interviewer was really helpful and responsive, didn't ask any technicals questions at all. Note that this interview was for the PWC Elevate program, not directly for the internship. Participating in the program then led to an internship offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date with current events?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process had two rounds. The first round was an easy behavioral style interview via skype just to assess your competency and fit. The second round was a super day in DC where you went through four interviews. Three of these were also behavioral. The last was a case-style interview. The case was given 48 hours in advance.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a breach of confidentiality by a coworker?   Answer Question

Elevate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward. It was on campus and i was met in the room by a team of greeters. I then interviewed with a partner and it was mostly conversational. Very simple and nothing to be terrible worried about. Be confident, but be prepared as well

START Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with one of the managers in the advisory sector. He mostly asked me behavioral questions and we talked a lot about my resume. At the end he asked me "if you knew someone who leaked confidential information, what would you do?"

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

On-campus behavioral interview following the Pwc Interview framework. Interviewed with a director, because the manager of the team wasn't in town. Spent 15 minutes answering questions, and the other 15 minutes asking questions and chatting. Generally it was very laid-back, but competitive. It's important to be personable and talkative.

Interview Questions

• If you suspect that your colleague is delivering confidential information of the company to outsiders, what would you do.   1 Answer