QKids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QKids Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2018

2.0

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QKids.

Interview

First, you complete an online application where you submit a resume and a one to two minute video talking about yourself, relevant work experiences, and reading a short story. They got back to me in a day, but said they didn't want to continue the hiring process with me so I never officially interviewed with them.

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QKids.

Interview

I was given material to review. After reviewing the material I was put into a mark classroom where I had to pretend to teach with a instructor. She gave me feedback on my teaching and then allowed me to teach trial classes.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids.

Interview

I applied and almost immediately received a response. They said that I didn’t have any teaching experience, but I did. It was listed in my resume. FYI, you should not have to be a certain race to teach children of other cultures/languages English.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QKids in June 2018.

Interview

Step 1: submit resume and a video of yourself telling a children’s story. Your video might cut off in the middle of the story. That’s okay! Mine did and I still moved to the next stage.
    Step 2: Next is the Demo 1. This is where the interviewer makes sure you know how to navigate the system. Make sure to know the games thoroughly. The interviewer will ask you to demonstrate the game as if you were teaching a child.
    Step 3: Next is the Demo 2. You will need to go though the whole lesson as if you were teaching a child. My interviewer had me go through each slide very briefly.
    Step 4: You will do up to 5 trail classes with real students. Make sure to be animated and engaged! I did 4 trial classes before they decided to make me a Qkids teacher :)

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids.

Interview

Quick easy and very friendly people you describe your expereince and why you love teaching. You also give a demo lesson to make sre you have the skills to teach.

Online English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids.

Interview

I got stuck on the first step of the interview process. I was unable to get past the authentication portion of WeChat and could not get anyone at Qkids to assist with this.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QKids (Dallas, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process is well managed. Lots of QKids and teacher videos to learn from. Very supportive training staff. Great curriculum. Just study and bring your skills and enthusiasm and you will have a good shot at getting a great work from home job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good ESL teacher?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QKids (Columbia, SC) in April 2018.

Interview

I had my demo 1 interview two days after downloading Wechat and the Teacher App software. It was at 9:45pm EST, and lasted about 30 minutes. The trainer I had was very kind and laid back. The first 10 minutes or so went well, I was very comfortable with all the software buttons and how to use the screen tools. But be be warned!..Be sure to study the games videos, and show an ease in flow. She didn't expect me to know them perfectly but I was caught off guard when she said, "ok, take me through the games now." I honestly didn't think that the demonstration of the games came until the demo 2 interview so I went in unprepared and it showed. I let my nerves get to me and basically tried to quickly remember what I viewed in videos rather than refer to the teacher reference or light bulb button, so I came across a bit shakey. Needless to say, I was not invited to continue onto the demo 2 interview. Overall this has been a learning experience. I will be better prepared and more confident in any future opportunities I may have like this one.

Interview Questions

• (something like) Why do you feel you would be a good teacher for Qkids? ((This was asked at the very end of the interview))   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QKids in April 2018.

Interview

First you send in a video talking about your background and qualifications. You also read a story in this video. If they contact you, they will send you access to the software, tutorials and a practice classroom. After you are familiar with the software and games, they will set up the first interactive interview. This is usually scheduled between 9:00pm - 11:30pm EST because China is 12 hours ahead of us. You just show that you know how to use the tools and play the basic games. If you pass this interview, you will have another interview where you teach a mock lesson to your trainer and answer several questions. If you pass this interview, you will teach 2 - 5 trial classes. The trial classes are during regular class times. After every 1 or 2 lessons, they will give you feedback. They will let you know you're hired after the last trial lesson. I had to teach 4 trial lessons.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would make you a good fit for this job?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that would make you a good teacher for Qkids?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QKids.

Interview

It has several steps but moves quickly and feedback is excellent and thorough. Submitted application video as instructed. I was then given link to download their teaching software platform, and instructions to study the platform. I then had a one-one interactive training and quiz session with their HR trainer. After that I was assigned a mentor, and did 1 trial class with her acting like student, and 6 trial classes with actual students after that. After each class she gave me excellent and detailed feedback on what to work on. Now I am teaching for them regularly and absolutely love it!

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and my experience with children   Answer Question