QKids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QKids Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2018

2.2

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QKids in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed online over webcam in a one-on-one discussion. The interviewer was very kind and spoke good English. I had no difficulties answering her questions, although the teaching demo was a bit nervewracking.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this job? What would you do if a student was unresponsive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids (Los Altos, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

They want you to submit your resume and a demo-video of you either teaching or reading a child's story. The next step after this is to enter a training session with one of their employees (from China) on the JiuQu platform. If you successfully pass the training session (recommended to review training material) then you are set to try a (paid) demo session. After this you get to teach a few (3 or 2) classes with Chinese students which are also paid. If management and/or trainers like your reviews and teaching style you will get hired.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QKids in July 2017.

Interview

Submit your resume, computer specifications, schedule availability, brief intro video to be considered. Then a 1/2 hr pre demo, paid 1hr demo, then you in front of kids teaching. You are given 2-6 trial classes where you critiqued and expected to show improvement. It's very thorough, positive, and fun!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach with JiuQu?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harrison, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids (Harrison, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview is via email. The request a resume, a screen shot of your computer specs, and then a 90 second video of you reading a children's book. It is a 2 or 3 step process. Then you have a training demo and 3 or 4 classroom training sessions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Fast, simple, intuitive! The entire process was amazing, and I was able to learn as much about the company as possible, while letting them get to know me. This interview really showed me how amazing the company could really be, and proved that I would be happy working here.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great! It's a blast of fresh air from the standard 'grill' style interview. Because we are working with children, JiuQu tries to capture a fun, positive interview process including videos reading children's books and little to no stress. After all, we are not working with adults, but children.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a working headset and webcam?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QKids.

Interview

It has several steps but moves quickly and feedback is excellent and thorough. Submitted application video as instructed. I was then given link to download their teaching software platform, and instructions to study the platform. I then had a one-one interactive training and quiz session with their HR trainer. After that I was assigned a mentor, and did 1 trial class with her acting like student, and 6 trial classes with actual students after that. After each class she gave me excellent and detailed feedback on what to work on. Now I am teaching for them regularly and absolutely love it!

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and my experience with children   Answer Question

English As A Second Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids (Naperville, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I sent a resume and cover letter and then was asked to make a 2 minute video where I read a story suitable for children and briefly told about myself. I also attended training online where I met with the people who hired me. You must have a Bachelor's Degree.

Interview Questions

• there were no questions, the interview was a sample performance teaching a mock class   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids in September 2017.

Interview

I applied and sent in a copy of my resume. I later received an email saying they liked my resume and wanted me to move to the next step in the process. I was asked to send in an introductory video telling about myself and reading a short story, like a children's book and my computer specs. After about a day I was sent a congratulatory email with attached employee Onboarding steps for self paced training and log in information for the teaching system and downloads.

Interview Questions

• Q: Please submit a video introducing yourself and telling a short story.   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids in August 2017.

Interview

Everyone at Jiuqu is very nice and polite and I felt like they really care about making sure their employers and students have the best experience. I applied on Indeed and they sent me an email the next day where they asked me to send a video reading a children's story. After that they ask you to download the software and wechat which is the form of communication and make sure you have a headset and ethernet cable. After that you will have a pre-demo, demo, and three trial classes with the children. They will give you tips on how to teach better in the demos. So far it's all good I'm scheduled for my second trial class hope everything goes well and despite whatever happens I'm glad I got to meet a nice team such as Jiuqu and wonderful children.

Interview Questions

• Can you work a minimun of 8 hours/ 16 classes?   1 Answer