QKids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QKids Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2018

2.0

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QKids.

Interview

It has several steps but moves quickly and feedback is excellent and thorough. Submitted application video as instructed. I was then given link to download their teaching software platform, and instructions to study the platform. I then had a one-one interactive training and quiz session with their HR trainer. After that I was assigned a mentor, and did 1 trial class with her acting like student, and 6 trial classes with actual students after that. After each class she gave me excellent and detailed feedback on what to work on. Now I am teaching for them regularly and absolutely love it!

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and my experience with children   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QKids in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online with a video and heard back a few days later. Hayley was absolutely amazing. Qkids was about to go on holiday for the Spring Festival, but Hayley made sure to contact me before, during, and after so we could make arrangements for my training when they got back. Everyone is so nice and helpful, and they want you to succeed! Make sure you have the required equipment (ethernet cable, headset, and mouse), and that you study the material they give you through the teacher portal, and you'll do just fine! You will talk one-on-one with a staff member who will test you on the functions of the system, and then give you different classroom scenarios for you to answer. If you pass this, they will schedule a "mock classroom" for you to demonstrate your teaching skills.

Interview Questions

• One of your student's microphone noise is unbearable. There is too much noise and it is disrupting the classroom. What do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QKids (Detroit, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was a breeze, but the training process (the trial classes) take longer than they should (Basically due to the time zone differences, I think) still, it helps you adapt to your new schedule, plus you get feedback all the time, always encouraging you to get better.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Havasu City, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at QKids (Lake Havasu City, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

Submitted online application and 2 minute video introduction and read a short story. Training modules that you review at your convenience and pace. 30 minute Skills test 1 hour training and 2-3 test classes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience teaching children?
      What schedule availability do you have   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QKids in January 2018.

Interview

Shortly after I submit my application, i received an email titled requesting all hiring materials, including Resume, PC screenshot, class availablity, and a 1-minute video demo (read a story). This is the first part of their hiring process. If you passed the initial screening, you will then be invited to do demo interview 1 and 2 which you are interviewed further on the teaching skills.

Online Tutor Interview

Application

Interview

After you passed the screening stage of all hiring materials, they will ask you to demonstrate the "materials study/training videos" result. So you have to spend some time to go through some training materials they have created on Qkids teaching platform.

Interview Questions

• Can you demonstrate what you learned from the training videos?   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QKids (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Hiring was fast. You upload a video answering a few given questions and a screen shot of your PC specs. They contact you quickly after submitting the application. Very easy

Interview Questions

• What teaching experience you have?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QKids (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview process. I was required to submit a short video of me reading a story. I introduced myself and read a portion of a story and submitted the video via email. Someone got back with me quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QKids (Columbus, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

I submitted a video stating my experience with children and read a short poem. I heard back within 24 hours that they wanted to start the hiring process! I had to take a test on the software and then I received training for the classes. I worked with my supervisor on a mock class, and then taught four trial classes with the kids. After the four classes I was officially hired and began working every day.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience teaching children   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QKids in September 2017.

Interview

I applied and sent in a copy of my resume. I later received an email saying they liked my resume and wanted me to move to the next step in the process. I was asked to send in an introductory video telling about myself and reading a short story, like a children's book and my computer specs. After about a day I was sent a congratulatory email with attached employee Onboarding steps for self paced training and log in information for the teaching system and downloads.

Interview Questions

• Q: Please submit a video introducing yourself and telling a short story.   Answer Question