QLogic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Senior Tech Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QLogic (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then hiring manager. In person interview with manager, then in person interview with peer staff and director level. Two separate phone interviews, two separate onsite interviews. Hiring process took approximately two months.

Interview Questions

• Describe one the most difficult customer situations you have experienced and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QLogic.

Interview

Easy if you know someone. Interview has to be with 3 managers minimum. HR, hiring manager, manager's manager, peer manager and multiple possible co-workers. Expect all day. Ask for a seat in the shade and for breaks. Don't let them low ball you on money - they have it. Do your homework and interview co-workers with a zest. Watch their faces to make sure you get the truth on job expectations. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a mostly male technical work force?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated vacation - no problem.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QLogic in March 2011.

Interview

4 interviews for the day, took about 3 mos. to actually get the interview from initial posting

Interview Questions

• some low level questions re: boot from SAN BIOS testing   1 Answer

Negotiation

pretty straight forward, they wrote an offer letter and I accepted as is.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QLogic (Roseville, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The engineers who interviewed me we casual. The manager was super type A. HR called the day after the interview and said the manager wanted to make an offer. She asked what I made at my current employer, but I wouldn't tell her. She said that I'd have to prove my current salary before they could hire me. They have a policy of not giving more than 10% increase, including external hires, without VP approval. At that point I told her no thanks. She proceed to lecture me about how anywhere I get an offer at will require my previous salary. The next day I had an interview at the company next door, got the offer, no proof of previous salary, and made 29% more than my previous job.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QLogic (Shakopee, MN) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with a number of senior engineering staff. Engineering Director really good guy. Two others of the staff were good interviewers, three were not only poor interviewers, put pretty strange. The top tech guy will grill you mercilessly and leave you feeling violated and cold.

Interview Questions

• What is special about a comma character?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QLogic in May 2012.

Interview

Most questions were about previous positions with other companies regarding knowledge of the trade. A few questions discussing inner personal aptitude just to see if you can handle the stress and what would you do with a developer or developers that were over sensitive. Some questions I could not answer because no experience in fibre channel, but yet, the main portion of the interview was technical.

Interview Questions

• Only question that was asked that I could not fully answer was regarding fibre channel and since I had not worked with fibre channel in depth, I could not provide a viable answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't accept the job with the first offer.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QLogic (Aliso Viejo, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Full day process, some group interviews, some individual, not pressured, moderately technical questions asked. Emphasize on team working environment instead of individual contributor. I will recommend this company to other people to work there.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QLogic (Aliso Viejo, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Spoke for thirty minutes with each of two engineers and one VP. Spoke thirty minutes with Human Resources. Discussed my experience and skills. I answered questions about how I did my previous job and solved problems there. I asked questions about QLogic and my prospective job duties, and about the benefits. I asked about the company's products and the technology involved.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had been unemployed for a long time so I asked for about one half of what I was worth, but they said they had to pay me more like what I was worth, and they did.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QLogic (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was made in a comfortable setting. The people whom interviewed me were very friendly and knowledgeable. They asked me technical and non technical questions. I had to go through three different levels of interview. the overall interview process was a positive experience for me.

EH&S Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QLogic (Aliso Viejo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was a joke. Job description does not match the ground reality and it becomes obvious very soon that the hiring manager and the team is clueless about the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• ISO 14001, Emergency Response and Training. Interviewer ran out of questions to ask.   1 Answer