QRM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QRM Interview Questions

3.4

Quantitative Optimization Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QRM (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

phone interview first, ask math and programming background. Then a take home programming project which I had a week to finish. Finally is an onsite interview, straight into math -- optimization math, brain teaser, probability and statistics questions. No behavioral questions was asked at all.

Interview Questions

• portfolio optimization problem, SIMPLEX methods, matrix maths   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at QRM (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was in five steps. First the online tests were quite standards, then a phone interview and then a series of three one on one meetings. The meetings are conducted by two associate and then one partner. The first three steps are very standard and then it gets more and more specific as you go through more rounds. The last interview is entirely dedicated to understanding what you could bring to the company. The questions are specifically oriented to your future task.

Financial Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Got contact info at a job fair, submitted resume online and received a call to come in for an interview. Had 3 interviews before meeting with founders of the company and the CEO. Entire process was relaxed. Some basic finance questions in the early rounds, followed by "fit" questions in the last round.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at QRM (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with team lead and a developer. Reasonable questions, overall positive. Next step was a Java programming test. Completed the test and was informed that it did not meet expectations. Tried to get some comments on what they didn't like, but no answer to my email.

Financial Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at QRM (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Introduced the position by someone in the company, then 3 round interviews. First was with VPs and manager-level people. Second was with the team I would work for. Third was with the Executive VP and one technology manager. Interview with VPs had many behavior questions and casual chats. Interview with the team had many questions about fixed income knowledge, derivative pricing and a few programming experiences (mostly about database and basic programming knowledge).

Interview Questions

• Not the most difficult one, given some economic condition, how would yield curve change or given a yield curve changes, what kind of economic condition forces it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QRM (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Got a phone interview screening first. Then had a two hour on-site interview. There are a lot of questions about my education background. We had a very detailed discussion on the materials covered in our courses. Question like Black Scholes model, MLE, and a lot of fixed income derivatives questions.

Interview Questions

• Was asked whether I had experience of some kind of software I have never heard before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QRM (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a standard interview. Normal question answer sessions with pairs of interviewers. It was not unlike other typical industry interviews. There was a programming test. Just make sure you know your OOP and the microsoft stack and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• They asked about design patterns. Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at QRM (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview and was invited in for several on site interviews. Everyone was very friendly, but the company didn't seem very organized- at one point I was left alone in the conference room for 30 minutes until they realized they had forgotten about me. I found the interviews redundant and surprisingly non-technical.

I met with the owners a few weeks later and then never heard from them again despite making attempts to follow up.

Interview Questions

• What types of risk does a bank face?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QRM (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I probably should have suspected something when the first phone interview they couldn't stay connected for long enough to have a talk and then called 30-45 minutes late on my second interview - but I decided to continue anyway.

The phone interview was mostly easy and consisted of generic programming type questions - binary search trees, sorting, searching, etc. After that I was invited out to their headquarters for the final interview. The interview there was a lot harder and consisted of many hours of coding on a white board and talking with developers. There were a lot of questions about algorithms and data structures. As a whole - most of the interviewers seemed disinterested and annoyed they had to be interviewing someone. It was a major turn off.

As a whole I didn't feel I did too badly and was told I'd hear back within a week. A week passed and I never heard anything. I tried e-mailing and calling and got no response. Finally, over a month later, I get a short one sentence e-mail saying no thanks. Aside from that, I was told that they would reimburse for parking and certain expenses but that never happened.

The company seems extremely sleazy as a whole. I'd warn anyone to remember this when looking for a position here.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QRM (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process took too long. I had to make 3 distinct trips to the company (they didn't pay for any of them). In total I was interview by over 8 different people.

Interviewers were very kind and nice people but I think some of my interviews were entirely redundant. Basically repeated the same thing.

After the final interview, they asked for my SAT exam result, which I never took.