Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China, ME

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (China, ME).

Interview

Had a video interview. Dressed professional hot tow of questions.

Attended the AD From 9:00 am just all done in a day. Failed in the discussion section
Didn't meet the final.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qatar Airways

Cabin Crew Interview

Interview

I went to qatarairways open day, I got an invitation after a long day of waiting then I went to the assessment, I passed the English test, reach test and the pick up question then I waited to hear my number but they didn't call it so I left. 2 days later another applicant called me to inform me that I was successful and should've been at the finals but they forgot to call my number and when everybody left after the elimination they called it. But no one called or even emailed me although it wasn't my fault.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in April 2017.

Interview

OPEN DAY

There were thousands (last count for day 1 was 1,000+) of applicants. Open time 9am, got there 7am to be sure. Be early all the time.

First the agency helping QA did a reach test to filter out the candidates. Those who passed stayed for the interview.

4 recruiters from QA arrived at 9 am. Everybody was told to stay in line for their turn. When it was my turn I just smiled and walked with poise, gave the recruiter my CV and then talked for 1 minute answering her questions. Got an invitation for assessment day right away (They say they will "call" those who passed - they're lying. If you pass you get an invitation given by the recruiter herself)

ASSESSMENT DAY

From thousands now only down to 100. Call time was 9am, I was there at 6:30am. One of the first 4 people who arrived (all 4 of us who arrived early got to the final interview...so lesson: ALWAYS BE EARLY)

Essay & English Test - Basic multiple choice test and math. YOUR ESSAY MAKES OR BREAKS YOU. They will base their decisions on your essay up until choosing who passed the group assessment. After essay was elimination.

Then another reach test & scar/mole test. Recruiters will ask you to reach test again, then will ask you about scars or moles. don't be nervous. I have 10 moles on my face & a birthmark on my calf. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED. They ask for PROTRUDING MOLES & scars or birthmarks for identification purposes in case your body needs to be ID'ed in a crash site.
    I told the recruiters about my face moles and they did not care - "Don't worry about it" - If they like you, your moles or scars will NOT matter!

They asked me what I was doing now, and how old I was etc. They check your make up & your arms & legs. DO NOT LIE and say you're flawless. The recruiters will get mad and be more strict with you if you do so.
    After that was another round of elimination.

Then Group Discussion / Dynamics. We were separated to 4 groups and told to discuss the pros of working abroad. The recruiters will walk around carrying a clipboard.
    Important Tips:
    1.) DO NOT cut other people off or be over eager to shine - one of the candidates did that and was eliminated
    2.) Wait for your turn to speak and speak WELL. Make eye contact with teammates. If you have additional contributions, raise your hand
    3.) Maintain poise even when not talking. Nod your head and look at the person speaking. Trust me you are being watched.

ALWAYS act like you're being watched! From the moment you get inside the venue, act like you're being assessed. SMILE all the time - my assessment day started from 9am to 4pm with no lunch break. MAKE FRIENDS! Do not slouch. VERY IMPORTANT: Be supportive of your teammates! Say Good Luck, Hug them - a recruiter saw me hugging a teammate and smiled. They want to see camraderie.

After Group Dynamics another round of elimination.

That was the end of assessment day. We were down to only 19 people. We were then given the medical forms to fill up & application forms and watched videos about the Company.

LISTEN CAREFULLY. The recruiter told us to apply online so we have an applicant ID. I was the only one to do so, everybody else thought they didn't have to apply online because we were walk in applicants. Follow everything the recruiters say!

FINAL INTERVIEW

Very quick, just 10 minutes. Don't be nervous! Make sure your application form is NEAT & FILLED completely.

When you get called in, knock the door and smile. Say "Good morning how are you today?". Keep smiling. The recruiters will check your application form & make comments. Then check your scars again. Then ask 1 question (mine was "Why should we hire you? What is your best trait?") Make eye contact! They asked me to stand to check my outfit and gave me pointers for the full body picture.

We were told to wait for the email within 1 week. If you get reject email don't be discouraged. If you get an email with a link - that means you're in! It's the link for you to upload your full body picture :)

If everything goes well, you can fly to Doha within 4 months! Be patient. PRAY.
    Don't let anything stop you from applying. They don't care about your weight, scars, moles, experience or whatever. If you truly want to be in QA, they will feel it the moment you walk in. Just be sincere. The recruiters will fight for you - trust me they will - if they like you, even if you have a birthmark on your face they will fight for you - and convince the HQ to hire you.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing now?   1 Answer
    • How old are you?   1 Answer
    • Is this your first time to apply?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you? what is your best trait?   1 Answer
    • So we can depend on you in the event of an emergency?   1 Answer
    • How do you adapt to change?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chiang Mai (Thailand)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Chiang Mai (Thailand)).

Interview

First process is CV Drop session, only few seconds conversation with recruiters in the room with fully open window plus natural light. If you are selected, recruiter will give you the invitation letter for next process. Second day is Public speaking with randomly topic. Then will do group discussion. If you passed will go for English test which is grammar, reading passage, fill in the blank and UTC, currency convert calculation. Selected candidate will do final interview next day. Interview was smooth and neutral. Be yourself and try to present your abilities with positive attitude. Good team player and willing to relocate also mandatory. Got offered

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Belgrade (Serbia)) in May 2017.

Interview

First day was Open Day, all the rest was the next day.
    On the Open day we started at 9, but it wasn't strict, people were arriving till 5pm. There were 2 recruiters, at CV drop sitting at 2 different tables. We went in one by one. One recruiter was nice, the other more strict and analyzing, unfortunately I got to her, so I failed at this point. People who went to the other table, all got invitation letter for the ne t day right away. Bad luck...
    Anyways, that's true, that if you don't get paper right away, nobody's gonna call or write email later. Sad truth.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bratislava (Slovakia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Bratislava (Slovakia)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in person in Bratislava April 2017. There were around 100 candidates. Firstly, we were asked to give them our CVs and during CV droping they said some of us to come back at 12 noon and gave us assesment invitations. After first stage (CV droping) we stayed maybe 54 people there. The open day took just one day.

Interview Questions

• While droping my CV I was asked: How are u? What are u doing? Are u from Bratislava? What do u know about Qatar country? Do u have any friends in Doha?
      They were really nice and polite. Just be yourself, smiling and don´t answer just with "yes" or "no" but try to talk as much as possible and sell yourself in the best way as u know;)
      Unfortunately, I didn´t pass the english test so I didn´t go to next stage.
      Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Attended an open day in Bangalore, they say they will email the shortlisted candidate but the fact is they give the invite letter for interview next day when you give your cv and if you get selected for another round they let you know that moment . No email or call will ever come as that's not true. I didn't make it, no idea why, many good people with experience also were rejected and many with no experience were shortlisted
    There is no logic, you just have to be lucky

Interview Questions

• What are you doing? Why you want to join Qatar airways,   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Bucharest (Romania)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a 3 days interview. Day 1: CV drop, 80 out of 200+ were successfull and got the invitation for the next day. Day 2: english test (pretty simple), group games (in pairs, describe your coleague after a short talk), reach test, a short presentation about the company, life in Doha, benefits of cabin crew . Only 38 passed the reach test (nobody knows what they really evaluate at this stage). Day 3: final interview.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Bucharest (Romania)) in March 2017.

Interview

I went to the Open Day in Bucharest. I had to present myself and explain what I'm doing right now.
    I received a straight yes to attend the assessment day while others had to wait for a phonecall/ email after 6 in the evening.
    There were approx. 300 candidates at the open day, only around 80 people were given an invitation to attend the assessment day.
    The Assessment day started with an english test which conducts of reading, writing an essay and grammar exercices.
    The next selection round was exposing tattoos/scars and doing the reach test : 212cm
    Afterwards a group discussion and personal interview

Interview Questions

• What are you doing right now?
      Why do you want to work for Qatar Airways?
      Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2017.

Interview

Compared to other interview processes with airlines in the middle east, this one was the quickest and the easiest. Initially - just after 9am - you queue up to present yourself and tell them what you're doing at the moment. It gives them a chance to identify whether you fit the profile and you will be notified by 10:30 whether you are successful. Presentation is key here so make sure you have looked up what the company want and fit your CV accordingly. From 11am, you are asked to go through several stages including a briefing on what to expect from the company; an english test comprising multiple choice questions; a group chat (we discussed pros and cons of moving abroad in two separate 6-people groups); and a final interview with both recruiters which lasted no longer than five minutes. You pick a random question and tell them the answer. Very simple and over with by 3pm. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Both of the recruiters were approachable and lovely.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing at the moment?   1 Answer
    • What is your favourite holiday destination and why?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for QA?   1 Answer
    • How do you think you will cope with the culture clash of moving to Doha?   1 Answer