Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.7

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (New York, NY).

Interview

I participated in open day in NY and it came out I couldn't pass. I recommend you should have confidence before going to open day. I coundn't reach arm reach section.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from?
    Are you working here?
    Why Qatar?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qatar Airways

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China, ME

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (China, ME).

Interview

Had a video interview. Dressed professional hot tow of questions.

Attended the AD From 9:00 am just all done in a day. Failed in the discussion section
    Didn't meet the final.

Anonymous Employee in Tunis, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Tunis, NM) in February 2016.

Interview

open day assemsnt day group work engkdh test final interview then open day then assment day and group work and engligh test and final intrview then we all go the hall and get our hiring and tell us who pass the interview

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in April 2017.

Interview

OPEN DAY

There were thousands (last count for day 1 was 1,000+) of applicants. Open time 9am, got there 7am to be sure. Be early all the time.

First the agency helping QA did a reach test to filter out the candidates. Those who passed stayed for the interview.

4 recruiters from QA arrived at 9 am. Everybody was told to stay in line for their turn. When it was my turn I just smiled and walked with poise, gave the recruiter my CV and then talked for 1 minute answering her questions. Got an invitation for assessment day right away (They say they will "call" those who passed - they're lying. If you pass you get an invitation given by the recruiter herself)

ASSESSMENT DAY

From thousands now only down to 100. Call time was 9am, I was there at 6:30am. One of the first 4 people who arrived (all 4 of us who arrived early got to the final interview...so lesson: ALWAYS BE EARLY)

Essay & English Test - Basic multiple choice test and math. YOUR ESSAY MAKES OR BREAKS YOU. They will base their decisions on your essay up until choosing who passed the group assessment. After essay was elimination.

Then another reach test & scar/mole test. Recruiters will ask you to reach test again, then will ask you about scars or moles. don't be nervous. I have 10 moles on my face & a birthmark on my calf. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED. They ask for PROTRUDING MOLES & scars or birthmarks for identification purposes in case your body needs to be ID'ed in a crash site.
    I told the recruiters about my face moles and they did not care - "Don't worry about it" - If they like you, your moles or scars will NOT matter!

They asked me what I was doing now, and how old I was etc. They check your make up & your arms & legs. DO NOT LIE and say you're flawless. The recruiters will get mad and be more strict with you if you do so.
    After that was another round of elimination.

Then Group Discussion / Dynamics. We were separated to 4 groups and told to discuss the pros of working abroad. The recruiters will walk around carrying a clipboard.
    Important Tips:
    1.) DO NOT cut other people off or be over eager to shine - one of the candidates did that and was eliminated
    2.) Wait for your turn to speak and speak WELL. Make eye contact with teammates. If you have additional contributions, raise your hand
    3.) Maintain poise even when not talking. Nod your head and look at the person speaking. Trust me you are being watched.

ALWAYS act like you're being watched! From the moment you get inside the venue, act like you're being assessed. SMILE all the time - my assessment day started from 9am to 4pm with no lunch break. MAKE FRIENDS! Do not slouch. VERY IMPORTANT: Be supportive of your teammates! Say Good Luck, Hug them - a recruiter saw me hugging a teammate and smiled. They want to see camraderie.

After Group Dynamics another round of elimination.

That was the end of assessment day. We were down to only 19 people. We were then given the medical forms to fill up & application forms and watched videos about the Company.

LISTEN CAREFULLY. The recruiter told us to apply online so we have an applicant ID. I was the only one to do so, everybody else thought they didn't have to apply online because we were walk in applicants. Follow everything the recruiters say!

FINAL INTERVIEW

Very quick, just 10 minutes. Don't be nervous! Make sure your application form is NEAT & FILLED completely.

When you get called in, knock the door and smile. Say "Good morning how are you today?". Keep smiling. The recruiters will check your application form & make comments. Then check your scars again. Then ask 1 question (mine was "Why should we hire you? What is your best trait?") Make eye contact! They asked me to stand to check my outfit and gave me pointers for the full body picture.

We were told to wait for the email within 1 week. If you get reject email don't be discouraged. If you get an email with a link - that means you're in! It's the link for you to upload your full body picture :)

If everything goes well, you can fly to Doha within 4 months! Be patient. PRAY.
    Don't let anything stop you from applying. They don't care about your weight, scars, moles, experience or whatever. If you truly want to be in QA, they will feel it the moment you walk in. Just be sincere. The recruiters will fight for you - trust me they will - if they like you, even if you have a birthmark on your face they will fight for you - and convince the HQ to hire you.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing now?   1 Answer
    • How old are you?   1 Answer
    • Is this your first time to apply?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you? what is your best trait?   1 Answer
    • So we can depend on you in the event of an emergency?   1 Answer
    • How do you adapt to change?   1 Answer

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Day 1 - Open day
    first they will ask you to ,line up
    open the door and they will ask you to reach the 212cm arm reach
    They will ask you two questions after that
    Ask me if my email and number is correct.
    They give me an invitation letter to go through to the next round

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Qatar Airways.

Interview

I participated for O/D and Got Selected for A/D. In the Assessment day we had to face English Exam, Then Screen Test & Group Test. however i got eliminated at the Screen test which was somewhat difficult to pass. Hope to try again.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Athens (Greece)) in November 2017.

Interview

It is an open day. The procedure lasts almost all day. By the end of the day you will know whether you are getting hired or not. First step is an assessment (test 40'), if you pass then there is the second step they measure your height, and ask you one question, if you pass that you move on to the third step group activities, and if you pass the third then there is the personal interview 20' approximately.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a cabin crew member?   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work for Qatar Airways?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)) in October 2017.

Interview

I arrived at Tower 1 Qatar Airways Headquarters in Doha 30 mins prior my actual interview schedule. Call time is at 9:00am. I met one of the recruitment officer in the lobby and she was so pleasant. She given us set of instructions and guide us through to reach test". You should have a reach of 212 cm from toe to the fingertips.
    After the reach test we headed to the interview room, then she handed us set of written test, it includes grammar and comprehension, essay and a little bit of math computation. We have to finish the test in 45 mins or less. I have finished the written test very well I must say. It was not that difficult at all, then there is another recruitment officer came in. She made a presentation about company profile, benefits and salary package etc. After the discussion, then we had the final interview.
    Since we are only 2 candidate during this event. I let the lady get to be interviewed first, She is currently working with Qatar Airways for 2 and half years now. Her name is Salma and yes she is pretty. Few minutes later she went out of the room I greeted her. I asked her' How was the interview?" but she's not that happy. She even said "its not good" so I told her You will be fine"and wish her all the best. She told me to get in to the room since they are waiting.
    I went straight to the interview room and greeted them.
    First question they asked is.... ( please refer to the interview question). After the interview I thanked them with a handshake. I went out of the room with a smile.
    Over all experience was great.
    Just my 2 cents, you have to be prepared. When answering questions be natural, tell a story and let them feel that you are valuable. Knowing your value is an advantage. Represent your position as if you are the person that they can keep. They don't look at your color or race, they believe in people with the right attitude and who believes in their values. "Excellence in everything you do"
    Good luck and wish you all the best!
    Disclaimer: This statement is purely base on my personal experience. I'm not an employee nor has been employed by Qatar Airways.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Warsaw (Poland)) in October 2017.

Interview

Just one day (about 100 people). 1st step: english test, after about 15 people got eliminated, 2nd step: checking hight and moles/scars + sometimes they asked additional questions like what r u doing at the moment. After that was elimination again and... after that there was only 10-15 people left. No interview, nothing...

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Prague (Czech Republic)) in October 2017.

Interview

I attended OD in Prague. There was around 100 people. Two ladies from Malaysia were recruiters. We were waiting in a huge concerence room. We started with submit CV ('just leave it here') and English & math test. Some people got rejected after that. Then we had reach test & a quick conversation, we had to choose one piece of paper with a word on that and say smth about it. I had 'SMALL'. Yes, SMALL :D I told them that we all should appreciate the small things which happen every day bla bla bla. Then they asked about tattoos & moles etc I told them about my tattoo on my back, and I was super-smiled while saying that (as everyone advises), but it didn't help. After that like 10 people got in to the next stage. Obviously, I have no idea if it was about tattoo or not, but I think I could at least mention that I'm about to remove it? One girl who work for Qatar adviced NOT tell them, and in case I get hired, then remove it before going to Doha 0_o. There was a few people even from Phillipines who came especially for the OD! Also a few people who are trying every week (following Open Days) !! I thought that you must wait for re-apply, but obviously no :) Anyway, I'm happy I went there, as I realized it is NOT THAT SCARY, but.. ehh how to say.. it's all about if the recruiters like you or not ;) What suprised me: there was many people who actually have no idea about QA, just wanted to see what's the OD :O To sum it all up: go there, be yourself, it's not up to you anyway :D