Qatar Airways Interview Questions in Doha | Glassdoor

2.9

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager E-Sales Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)).

Interview

Online Application followed by a Phone Screen. Next step was a Face to Face Interview at Doha. Phone screen was done jointly by Hiring Manager along with a HR person. The Face to Face had a panel consisting of the Hiring Manager, The Department head and the division Head.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to prepare a presentation on Look to Book Ratio and it's augmentation   1 Answer

Executive Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)).

Interview

job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.
    In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff. How hiring is handled depends on the employer and the systems they have in place for screening and evaluating potential new hires.
    Here's an overview of each step in the interview process, along with advice on the best way to handle each type of interview as you progress up the interview ladder towards a job offer.
    Screening Interview
    Blend Images - LWA/Dann Tardif / Getty Images
    A screening interview is a type of job interview that is conducted to determine if the applicant has the qualifications needed to do the job for which the company is hiring. A screening interview is typically the first interview in the hiring process if the company does not start with open interviews where multiple candidates are screened at an open hiring event. More

Interview Questions

• WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE FOR EXECUTIVE DRIVER POSITION IN THE LAST YEAR?   2 Answers
    • WHO WAS YOUR BEST BOSS AND WHO WAS THE WORST   2 Answers

Negotiation

The Golden Rules of Negotiation
    Every process has rules. Here are the top 15 rules that can make any negotiation a successful process:
    1. Seek a win-win situation.
    2. Expect to win!
    3. Learn from experience
    4. Everything is negotiable,
    5. NEVER attack the demand,
    6. Don't settle for too little.
    7. Be creative...think out of the box. I once negotiated the printing

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied via career portal. It took 3 months to short list my CV and about one month to receive the call from HR too schedule the first screening round.
    1st round telephonic,it was easy to crack, basic questions about reports and database.It took around 15 days to HR too confirm that I have cleared screening round and to schedule F2F interview.
    In F2F round , interview panel was of 3senior engineer and Manager. Interview was easy,again just basic questions,third round was HR and I was told that they will get back to me with the feedback .
    It took around 15 days to get call from HR too confirm that I was selected,we had decision on all HR policy and on my package . I was told by HR that I will be receiving the offer in two weeks time.
    I waited almost for 3 months for offer letter ,but there were no updates ,I kept calling HR on status of offer letter process,every time I was given just fake promise and asked to wait . After 3 months when I called HR to ask the status ,I was told that position is on hold.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process involved three rounds.
    Telephonic, Written and Face to face(Technical & Hr).

Telephonic had a panel of six interviewers and went up to 1 hr 30 min.
    Second was Aptitude written exam at their location (Doha)
    Then was Hr interview
    Finally, Technical with a panel of 3 members.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact with your clients?   1 Answer

Aircraft Interior - Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)) in February 2017.

Interview

After 4 months of applying for the job, I got a mail for appearing skype interview. It went fine as they asked for my nature of work, years of experience and other general HR questions.

After r one week, I got an invitation for a face to face interview (1 month after Skype interview) at Doha. They provided all flight (from Bangalore to Doha), Meet and Greet service, pick and drop from Airport to hotel and interview venue, accommodation for 2 days in a 5 star hotel and food allowance. Hospitality was amazing.

Next day interview was taken by one lady from HR and Manager of concern department. They asked few technical questions of my subject, which I answered perfectly. HR lady asked about notice period, my family status, whether I would like to bring my family here, like to take company accommodation, if selected how long I am going to serve and explained about VISA regulations, working hours etc.

After first round of talk, one more senior person (Senior Manager) took interview and asked few general and formal questions.

After interview HR lady gave a positive feedback, nearly verbal offer and asked when earliest I can join as there is heavy work pressure in department. She told to get back to me earliest as soon as she will get higher management’s approval.

Earlier they had given me access to advanced candidate zone in their career website, where I can see my application status, mails and upload all relevant documents.

After interview I got further access and was written I have been highly recommended and so far on right track but doesn’t guarantee an offer letter.

Also I have access to joining formalities, code of ethics, documents required before joining, VISA process, Medical check procedure, background check, attestation of certificates, facilities, leave and tons of information on after joining.

So, in conclusion, more than 90% show, action, words are positive by giving access to lots of pre and post joining formalities.

Suddenly, after exactly 3 months, on the same date of my interview, I got a mail saying I was not selected as my profile is not matching the requirement.

This is absolutely brutal!!!!!

This is like, showing someone dream and making him feel fly high in sky for 3 months in one of the world’s most luxurious, highly ambitious five star airlines and suddenly there was a crash without warning!!!

Interview Questions

• If selected,how long are you going to stay with us?   1 Answer

Flight Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)).

Interview

It was an elaborate process from a phone interview upto the final face to face in Doha which they facilitate by providing tickets,accommodation and a meal allowance.The only down side is rescinding an offer after giving it and this sends a very negative picture about the airline and exposes gaps and insincerety of their HR personell. I'm sceptical I will ever make an application to this airline after having an offer withdrawn the last minute with NO! explanation at all yet they took you through the whole process!!!!?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to relocate to Qatar together with your family?   1 Answer

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)) in April 2016.

Interview

First a Telehone interview with HR; Following a Skype Interview with the contracting Manager ; and after that a presential Interview with 3 Managers.Last interview takes around one hour and I had to makes home works before the meeting and show it at the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to increase the company website sales?   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)) in April 2016.

Interview

The whole process took 5 months. Applied online, after that one month after their HR representative called me and we went through my CV. Then she scheduled a Skype interview with two Revenue Management managers. It was very cool and the questions were related with pricing strategies. During the interview they said straight away they want to invite me do Doha for a face to face interview. HR contacted me to schedule my trip there. It was paid by them - the flight, 2 nights in very nice hotel and all transports. They really did their best. Also, they gave me something like 100 USD in cash for food. When I came to Qatar HQ, some guy gave me very basic analytical test on a paper. After that he took me to the room with two managers and HR. It was very nice, they were asking a lot of questions but I had a feeling I am talking to friends. That was like 1 hour - 1,5 hours. Few days after the offered me a job, I was very pleased but then we started talks about the salary. They offered me less money basically than I am making right now. They didn't want to negotiate the salary so I rejected the offer unfortunately. Overall, they are very professional and nice, but the salary doesn't match Qatari standards.

Interview Questions

• How would you priced this and this flight, what are the main competitors, pros and cons of competitors, is it better for an airline a country with stable currency and fluctuating fuel prices or opposite...   Answer Question

E-com Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview by HR. It was then followed by skype interview with the line manager which took some 30 min. Shortly after an invitation for a face to face in HQ with a panel of 3

Interview Questions

• your skills, and many questions around the job descriptions   1 Answer

Manager of Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Doha (Qatar)) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruitment process was pretty drawn out. I had made an application online in Feb of 2016 (closing date of role), took about 1 month to contact me to arrange a phone interview. Then the initial phone interview took place early March, and within two weeks of the phone interview, was requested to travel to Doha, Qatar for the final interview at the beginning of April. After the final interview, I was told I would get a "yes/no" within two weeks. However upon follow-up, no answer until 4 weeks after the interview, and then still "a decision hasn't been made" response. I was bounced from one recruiter to another in HR, and was never updated for another 2 months without any further responses from HR. To this date I still have yet to hear back, and only the online status of "this role is no longer available" when I checked back in August. The role was re-posted at the end of October.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in working at Qatar Airways   2 Answers