QinetiQ Graduate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ in January 2017.

Interview

Video interview, had 10 seconds to think of a answer, I was not prepared for the questions they asked and the short time I was given to think on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Innovative idea that you came up with and how did you implement it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for QinetiQ

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Application process after initial application involved a video interview followed by an assessment centre.

The assessment centre involved a technical interview, a HR interview, a broad technical assessment and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• What needs to be considered when fitting new equipment to an aircraft?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, standard graduate scheme salary

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

Video interview with opportunity to re-record as many times as you want was fine. Assessment day was overall very enjoyable- they obviously care a lot about recruiting the right people for them, with many technical managers as well as HR staff on hand for even a smallish group of us. Had teambuilding exercise + solo written review of how it went, presentation followed by technical interview, general strengths interview, and a logic-style test.

Interview Questions

• The usual "name a time when..." in the strengths interview. Presentation on final year project.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Malvern, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Full day assessment centre consisting of a welcome presentation, written exercise, group exercise, presentation/technical interview, competency interview and logic test.

For the group exercise, candidates were split into groups of 3 or 4 and tasked with competing a common group exercise, the specifications were changed mid way through the task. Key areas to remember that you are being assessed on are; Communication, Team work, Timekeeping, Ability to work to a deadline and ability to adapt to changing requirements.

The written assessment followed the group exercise and was based on the exercise. Candidates were asked to write about their experience in the exercise, including the design, your specific role, effectiveness as a group ect.

The technical interview was with 2 assessors and I had a third person in the room observing. The interview started with an 8 minute presentation, the topic of which had been given 1 week in advance. The interview followed immediately after with questions about the presentation followed by a more structured technical interview. In my personal experience, the interview was more of a chat focusing on my CV and technical experiences inside and outside of university. There were a few questions designed to make you think added at the end.

The competency interview was conducted by 2 assessors and was exactly what was expected, several questions focusing on your strengths. Remember to think of examples prior the interview and try to structure you answers well to give the interviewers a clear account of the situation.

The logic test was similar to a online logic test however this was based on sets of cards. The principle was the same, you were to look at the information on the cards and find patterns then using those patterns fill in the missing information.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Malvern, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Great Malvern, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Video Interview;
    Two unscripted questions, followed by one in which you had plenty of time to research. Could refilm as many times as you wish.

Assessment Centre;
    Technical interview, prepared presentation, group exercise, HR interview, logical reasoning task, site tour.
    Staff very friendly throughout, all together a very fun day. Previous grad students were present throughout to answer any and all questions. Haven't heard back yet, but should do within a couple of weeks apparently.

Interview Questions

• How might you use the electromagnetic spectrum to detect and/or locate activities of interest in the defence context?”   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

i applied through their online platform and had to do a telephone interview follwed by an assessment day. went to assessment day where 50 other candidates came too for the same position. we were given light breakfast and then was given a presentation about the organisation.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Online assessment followed by an invitation to an assessment day at Farnborough. (Note different departments have different methods for assessing candidates so don't assume your assessment will be similar)
    Assessment day consisted of 4 events: An manual dexterity test, a presentation, an interview and critical thinking assessment.

Manual dexterity test — essentially 50 minutes to put together a robot following instructions (harder than you think) but just take your time.
    Presentation — on anything you want that is similar to the job role OR consists of sufficient technical data (most people chose their final year project)
    Critical thinking assessment — Reading a lot of data and attempting to assess the appropriate action that should be taken
    Group exercise — You boat has capsized and you have a list of items to put into order in terms of priority. You have 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing majorly difficult — questions on your presentation ( what you did, why you did it, what methods did you use, etc) then some competency questions and some about why you are applying to QinetiQ.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ in June 2008.

Interview

Submitted an online application which led to a phone interview. Was called by someone from HR/Resourcing and had a lengthy competency based interview (why qinetiq, time you solved a problem, time you worked as a team etc)

Then got invited to an assessment day. This was all graduates from around the country across many different disciplines. The day involved a short group task where they observed interaction, a tough english and maths based exam (20 mins each) then a 1:1 presentation and interview. I guess the content of this last bit could vary but was focussed on my final year project with some intelligent technical questions.

Interview Questions

• ermm all were quite standard with the exception of my technical questions, but they will be individual to everyone   Answer Question

Negotiation

non existent, or maybe its my fault for missing the boat