QinetiQ North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QinetiQ North America Interview Questions

2.4

Communications Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Herndon, VA) in July 2009.

Interview

Very quick interview. 1 on 1 they are looking for a match between skills and job description. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Research the position. Ask for you you really want.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

HORRIBLE !!!!!! ,,they drilled me in whatever way they could. I even thought they were going to have me write code on a paper coffee napkin.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you come here? There are a lot of other companies to choose from..."   1 Answer

I saw the ugly offices from afar and people walking around with their heads down,, BYE !

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Fairfax, VA) in May 2009.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, a representative contacts the applicant for additional information to begin a background check. If the applicant passes, a brief telephone interview concludes the interview process and begins the hiring process, including training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you broke the rules, justify your actions, and tell me what you learned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For an internship position, there is no negotiation for salary or hours. However, after working for 200+ hours, the employee may request additional hours.

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (McLean, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

This company was not truthful about the current situation. They were misleading intentionally so that someone would take the job. Even when they knew the company was going to be sold, they would not tell the applicants because they thought no one would accept the positions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were politically incorrect and in some cases insulting. Most unprofessional interview ever!   Answer Question

I had another offer from someone else in the company.

I T Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bound Brook, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Bound Brook, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a headhunter and told the hiring process could take up to six months due to a background security check. After approval, a series of three interviews were given and an offer of employment made. I accepted the offer and an official "on-boarding" meeting with H.R. was held prior to beginning at the client site.

Interview Questions

• During the background check: "Is there any reason someone might be able to influence you?" It's a question that requires some thought.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was asked if the offer was acceptable and I answered, yes.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2008.

Interview

I worked for a research team that provided software for their main project, so I was a known entity. Had an informal interview with the project manager and development team manager, and a formal programming interview with the programming team. Interviews lasted about 4 hours total. Got an offer within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the weight the Stratosphere? (an unusual hotel in Las Vegas)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered 10% over my current wage, with better benefits and more opportunities for growth and less likelihood of layoff.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Interview

interview with hiring manager and many others, gave presentation. Questions about background and education. Need a citizenship for military contracts. It used to be fast process. very smart people are working there.

Negotiation

understand your level of expertise, and you can get what you ask

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Fairfax, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviews were cordial. But following up with HR was deployable. No information given unless I would email or call. Contacting potential employees SHOULD be their business. Cheap way for QinetiQ to follow up.....none. Stay away from this company, interviewing is a waste of time, salaries aren't great either.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I responded to a job posting on my school's website for an accounting position with QinetiQ-Na's accounting and finance department. I was invited to have a phone interview with HR, before this interview I reached out to a financial analyst at QinetiQ who had assumed that role after a year in the accounting department. The financial analyst ran me through his interviewing procedure and told me what to expect, he was helpful but he did not seem energetic or excited about his work.

The interview with HR was pretty standard, I walked her through my resume and addressed some of my basic technology skills. She wasn't able to answer many of my questions regarding the role I was applying for but I figured that can be normal as the questions were quite technical.

I only had one on-site interview in which I met with the director of accounting and one other accounting manager, each interview was about 30 minutes in length. The interviews were mostly behavioral and I felt the most important portion, especially with the director, was that I demonstrated an understanding of the role and was able to convey this through my questions during and at the end of the interview.

I was given an offer a week later. They were courteous and gave me some extra time to respond to the offer as I had another interview. I decided to pass on the opportunity as the other interview seemed more promising and it did not look like there was much mobility out of the accounting department.

Interview Questions

• The one interviewer seemed to want to drill down my resume to make sure I had an air-tight story. This is fine but if anything in your resume had been embellished I got the impression he would catch on.

The accounting technicals were basic and most of the technical stress was based on my Excel skills.   1 Answer

Accepted other offer. Was concerned about getting pigeon-holed.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I had dealings with this company while I was still on active duty. So I knew the management leads and they had a need for support and I was interested and available. I was interviewed by contractor lead and then was interviewed by the local lead. It had some technical questions but mainly they were more of a fit type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Provide previous examples of applying system engineering processes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. They provided their final number and I accepted.