QinetiQ North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QinetiQ North America Interview Questions

2.4

Communications Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Herndon, VA) in July 2009.

Interview

Very quick interview. 1 on 1 they are looking for a match between skills and job description. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Research the position. Ask for you you really want.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

HORRIBLE !!!!!! ,,they drilled me in whatever way they could. I even thought they were going to have me write code on a paper coffee napkin.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you come here? There are a lot of other companies to choose from..."   1 Answer

I saw the ugly offices from afar and people walking around with their heads down,, BYE !

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Fairfax, VA) in May 2009.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, a representative contacts the applicant for additional information to begin a background check. If the applicant passes, a brief telephone interview concludes the interview process and begins the hiring process, including training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you broke the rules, justify your actions, and tell me what you learned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For an internship position, there is no negotiation for salary or hours. However, after working for 200+ hours, the employee may request additional hours.

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (McLean, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

This company was not truthful about the current situation. They were misleading intentionally so that someone would take the job. Even when they knew the company was going to be sold, they would not tell the applicants because they thought no one would accept the positions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were politically incorrect and in some cases insulting. Most unprofessional interview ever!   Answer Question

I had another offer from someone else in the company.

Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Quantico, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was immediately given an interview. After waiting in their lobby for about 20, minutes, I was lead into a conference room with the interviewer. The interviewer asked where I had driven from (which was about 1.5 hours away from their Quantico location) and why i wanted to leave. He then stated that the position is already being filled by an internal employee, and it's only a formality to get interview all other qualified candidates. When I mentioned that it was a waste of a drive if they had already chosen someone, he repeated that his boss just "told him to speak to everyone interviewing to let them know the position is no longer available." Completely unprofessional and a waste of time.

I T Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bound Brook, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Bound Brook, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a headhunter and told the hiring process could take up to six months due to a background security check. After approval, a series of three interviews were given and an offer of employment made. I accepted the offer and an official "on-boarding" meeting with H.R. was held prior to beginning at the client site.

Interview Questions

• During the background check: "Is there any reason someone might be able to influence you?" It's a question that requires some thought.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was asked if the offer was acceptable and I answered, yes.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2008.

Interview

I worked for a research team that provided software for their main project, so I was a known entity. Had an informal interview with the project manager and development team manager, and a formal programming interview with the programming team. Interviews lasted about 4 hours total. Got an offer within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the weight the Stratosphere? (an unusual hotel in Las Vegas)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered 10% over my current wage, with better benefits and more opportunities for growth and less likelihood of layoff.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

Uncomplicated, picked up by a recruiter on a firm, four-month contract with no possibility for extension. One week later, QNA was sufficiently impressed that I got an offer. The only interviewer I spoke with was the PM.

Interview Questions

• Whether I felt comfortable having to break into systems for the client.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Interview

interview with hiring manager and many others, gave presentation. Questions about background and education. Need a citizenship for military contracts. It used to be fast process. very smart people are working there.

Negotiation

understand your level of expertise, and you can get what you ask

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Fairfax, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviews were cordial. But following up with HR was deployable. No information given unless I would email or call. Contacting potential employees SHOULD be their business. Cheap way for QinetiQ to follow up.....none. Stay away from this company, interviewing is a waste of time, salaries aren't great either.