QinetiQ North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QinetiQ North America Interview Questions

2.3

Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Quantico, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was immediately given an interview. After waiting in their lobby for about 20, minutes, I was lead into a conference room with the interviewer. The interviewer asked where I had driven from (which was about 1.5 hours away from their Quantico location) and why i wanted to leave. He then stated that the position is already being filled by an internal employee, and it's only a formality to get interview all other qualified candidates. When I mentioned that it was a waste of a drive if they had already chosen someone, he repeated that his boss just "told him to speak to everyone interviewing to let them know the position is no longer available." Completely unprofessional and a waste of time.

Staff Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by corporate after applying online, took a while to hear back from them - a few weeks. Set up the interview in a day or two, they were flexible on timing which was nice.

Met with 3 people at once, unique for me at least, but saved some time.

They asked me basic questions about my work experience, skills I had etc. Nothing too grilling technically, like asking me to derive op-amp transfer functions etc.

All 3 were very engaging and willing to answer questions honestly and openly about the company. Very nice facility, and seemed like a good place to work, perhaps a bit over-booked with work, but that's what good management does - keeps the work back logged, and feeds it to you appropriately and with good timing.

No offer has come yet because I have a round 2 interview, the EE manager was out of the office that day, a minor goof by HR.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the complexity of circuit board designs I had done   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Contracts Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied for this position through QinetiQ North America's website on December 13th, 2012, and received an email regarding my application from the recruiter on January 9th. I did a brief phone screen with the recruiter, and a week later I was scheduled for an interview. I interviewed for the position on January 18th, which went well. Unfortunately, I wasn't selected for the role, as my professional background wasn't a match for what was needed in the position. However, my experience was very positive and I plan to stay in touch with the recruiter when other administrative positions become available with them.

Executive Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Reston, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

I previously worked at this company, as an Executive Administrator from 2007-2011. Even though I was highly regarded there, I left the company, b/c the group I was in was unable to provide me the salary I felt I had earned and there was no real room for growth in the division. I was offered a position as an Executive Administrator at another company for about $15k more, however I did miss the friendly QinetiQ work environment. I interviewed at the beginning of October 2011 in a different division (same building), for the same position. They called me on a Wednesday, asking me to come in for a Friday morning interview. They were very happy I could come on such short notice. I arrived 15 minutes early, copies of my resume in hand and dressed very professionally. I met with a Senior Executive Assistant who was fantastic. She and I spoke for approx 45 minutes going over my history/experience and she explained the nature of the position. My overall experience with her was extremely positive, she even told me toward the end of the interview that I was "perfect for the position". Then I met with the executive I would be supporting. I was in his office for 30 minutes where he proceeded to talk about himself for approximately 27 minutes of that time. I felt like we were interviewing him, not me. At the end, he asked me if I had any questions. I did ask 2 questions, and did my best to make a closing remark (something along the lines of "this sounds like an excellent opportunity and a great chance to learn a new trade"). After the interview, I sent an email to my 2 interviewers, thanking them for taking the time to meet with me. 3 weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything. I called the HR office and politely left a message, inquiring about the position and letting them know that I was still highly interested. A week later, I recieved a generic email stating "Unfortunately at this time we do not see a fit with your experience". The overall experience was very negative for me. Taking a month to hear a response, then recieving an email (and a generic one at that) telling me I wasn't a fit do to experience? I did the job, for close to 5 years. The senior EA said I was a "perfect fit". Obviously, the executive felt otherwise. I would've appreciated some ACTUAL feedback on why I wasn't offered the position. I have several close friends still working at the company who have informed me that they still haven't filled the position. All in all, a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Five different people interviewed me. First Hiring manager, then different engineers. Questions were basic like explain projects and how you were a part of them. All 5 people asked me if I had any questions, just make sure to dig some up.

Some questions included "Why should we hire you instead of the other students that come for interviews."

Interview Questions

• What where your responsibilities in the xyz project or organization?   Answer Question
    • Why should we pick you for this position?/   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Fairfax, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviews were cordial. But following up with HR was deployable. No information given unless I would email or call. Contacting potential employees SHOULD be their business. Cheap way for QinetiQ to follow up.....none. Stay away from this company, interviewing is a waste of time, salaries aren't great either.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions....   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for an initial phone screen, then received a call about 3 days later for face to face interview. I met with the development team, the QA manager, QA lead, and another QA Analyst. There was no real format to the interivew. I met with two people at a time for a total of 6 people. The interview lasted too long, 3.5 hours as they went over the major applications in detail. During the interview they kept mentioning that they were concerned that I was over qualified and that they were not looking for any more Sr. level people. Work environment is very laid back with people wearing jeans and gym shoes. When they did ask questions they were pretty straight forward like "what is a test case", why do you enjoy working in QA.