QinetiQ North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QinetiQ North America Interview Questions

2.4

Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America in September 2009.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter told me I was selected for an interview and if I was interested. I accepted the interview and met with three employees. One network admin, the manager, and deputy manager. The questions were basic technical questions as well as some that said where do you see yourself being in 5 years. At the end of the interview they asked salary requirements and that was the end. Three days later I received a phone call from the recruiter again asking me to come back and meet with the Vice President. The talk was basic non technical just a meet and greet. I was then called a week later for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate. Don't low ball yourself, when you get the offer letter try to shoot them back a higher amount.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America in January 2008.

Interview

Recruiter called and put me in touch with manager. Interviewed for 2hrs and got call with offer an hour later.

Interview Questions

• What is your general experience?   1 Answer
    • How long did you stay at your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Herndon, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

For me, I personally knew the project manager and my soon-to-be boss. There wasn't much of an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary.

Executive Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Reston, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

I previously worked at this company, as an Executive Administrator from 2007-2011. Even though I was highly regarded there, I left the company, b/c the group I was in was unable to provide me the salary I felt I had earned and there was no real room for growth in the division. I was offered a position as an Executive Administrator at another company for about $15k more, however I did miss the friendly QinetiQ work environment. I interviewed at the beginning of October 2011 in a different division (same building), for the same position. They called me on a Wednesday, asking me to come in for a Friday morning interview. They were very happy I could come on such short notice. I arrived 15 minutes early, copies of my resume in hand and dressed very professionally. I met with a Senior Executive Assistant who was fantastic. She and I spoke for approx 45 minutes going over my history/experience and she explained the nature of the position. My overall experience with her was extremely positive, she even told me toward the end of the interview that I was "perfect for the position". Then I met with the executive I would be supporting. I was in his office for 30 minutes where he proceeded to talk about himself for approximately 27 minutes of that time. I felt like we were interviewing him, not me. At the end, he asked me if I had any questions. I did ask 2 questions, and did my best to make a closing remark (something along the lines of "this sounds like an excellent opportunity and a great chance to learn a new trade"). After the interview, I sent an email to my 2 interviewers, thanking them for taking the time to meet with me. 3 weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything. I called the HR office and politely left a message, inquiring about the position and letting them know that I was still highly interested. A week later, I recieved a generic email stating "Unfortunately at this time we do not see a fit with your experience". The overall experience was very negative for me. Taking a month to hear a response, then recieving an email (and a generic one at that) telling me I wasn't a fit do to experience? I did the job, for close to 5 years. The senior EA said I was a "perfect fit". Obviously, the executive felt otherwise. I would've appreciated some ACTUAL feedback on why I wasn't offered the position. I have several close friends still working at the company who have informed me that they still haven't filled the position. All in all, a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next morning. The phone interview was quick, about 15 minutes. I talked with the US manager and we went over my resume and we talked about my familarity with the systems I would be working on. There were no behavioral or situational questions. It was a straight forward fill an employment spot type of interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in an aviation setting with higher level Non-commisioned and commisioned officers?   1 Answer

Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Quantico, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was immediately given an interview. After waiting in their lobby for about 20, minutes, I was lead into a conference room with the interviewer. The interviewer asked where I had driven from (which was about 1.5 hours away from their Quantico location) and why i wanted to leave. He then stated that the position is already being filled by an internal employee, and it's only a formality to get interview all other qualified candidates. When I mentioned that it was a waste of a drive if they had already chosen someone, he repeated that his boss just "told him to speak to everyone interviewing to let them know the position is no longer available." Completely unprofessional and a waste of time.

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Very easy. The screening for quality employees does not happen. I was hired as QA Manager because I knew someone in high management. There were just one question when talking over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Does your relative or friend work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because of knowing someone I did not have to negotiate.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Interview

15 minute discussion. No technical questions whatsoever. It was a basic conversation to a few engineers regarding work I have done in the past. I received a short tour of the building and was out the door within 20 minutes of arriving, including wait time in the lobby. My recruiter called me later that day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about personality and teamworking skills rather than engineering skills and capabilities.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I had dealings with this company while I was still on active duty. So I knew the management leads and they had a need for support and I was interested and available. I was interviewed by contractor lead and then was interviewed by the local lead. It had some technical questions but mainly they were more of a fit type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Provide previous examples of applying system engineering processes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. They provided their final number and I accepted.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

They asked questions specifically related to the job. We discussed Project Management Professional practices. We also discussed waterfall and Agile processes. We discussed the project lifecycle as well as SDLC.

Interview Questions

• They asked my thoughts on the account naming convention they were considering.   1 Answer