QinetiQ North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QinetiQ North America Interview Questions

2.4

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I had dealings with this company while I was still on active duty. So I knew the management leads and they had a need for support and I was interested and available. I was interviewed by contractor lead and then was interviewed by the local lead. It had some technical questions but mainly they were more of a fit type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Provide previous examples of applying system engineering processes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. They provided their final number and I accepted.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, asked about formatting, previous writing contribution and took word test

Interview Questions

• Discuss writing potential in an under staffed environment   Answer Question

Negotiation

On the spot during interview. Negotiated pay and relocation.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I responded to a job posting on my school's website for an accounting position with QinetiQ-Na's accounting and finance department. I was invited to have a phone interview with HR, before this interview I reached out to a financial analyst at QinetiQ who had assumed that role after a year in the accounting department. The financial analyst ran me through his interviewing procedure and told me what to expect, he was helpful but he did not seem energetic or excited about his work.

The interview with HR was pretty standard, I walked her through my resume and addressed some of my basic technology skills. She wasn't able to answer many of my questions regarding the role I was applying for but I figured that can be normal as the questions were quite technical.

I only had one on-site interview in which I met with the director of accounting and one other accounting manager, each interview was about 30 minutes in length. The interviews were mostly behavioral and I felt the most important portion, especially with the director, was that I demonstrated an understanding of the role and was able to convey this through my questions during and at the end of the interview.

I was given an offer a week later. They were courteous and gave me some extra time to respond to the offer as I had another interview. I decided to pass on the opportunity as the other interview seemed more promising and it did not look like there was much mobility out of the accounting department.

Interview Questions

• The one interviewer seemed to want to drill down my resume to make sure I had an air-tight story. This is fine but if anything in your resume had been embellished I got the impression he would catch on.

The accounting technicals were basic and most of the technical stress was based on my Excel skills.
      1 Answer

Accepted other offer. Was concerned about getting pigeon-holed.

Executive Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Reston, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

I previously worked at this company, as an Executive Administrator from 2007-2011. Even though I was highly regarded there, I left the company, b/c the group I was in was unable to provide me the salary I felt I had earned and there was no real room for growth in the division. I was offered a position as an Executive Administrator at another company for about $15k more, however I did miss the friendly QinetiQ work environment. I interviewed at the beginning of October 2011 in a different division (same building), for the same position. They called me on a Wednesday, asking me to come in for a Friday morning interview. They were very happy I could come on such short notice. I arrived 15 minutes early, copies of my resume in hand and dressed very professionally. I met with a Senior Executive Assistant who was fantastic. She and I spoke for approx 45 minutes going over my history/experience and she explained the nature of the position. My overall experience with her was extremely positive, she even told me toward the end of the interview that I was "perfect for the position". Then I met with the executive I would be supporting. I was in his office for 30 minutes where he proceeded to talk about himself for approximately 27 minutes of that time. I felt like we were interviewing him, not me. At the end, he asked me if I had any questions. I did ask 2 questions, and did my best to make a closing remark (something along the lines of "this sounds like an excellent opportunity and a great chance to learn a new trade"). After the interview, I sent an email to my 2 interviewers, thanking them for taking the time to meet with me. 3 weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything. I called the HR office and politely left a message, inquiring about the position and letting them know that I was still highly interested. A week later, I recieved a generic email stating "Unfortunately at this time we do not see a fit with your experience". The overall experience was very negative for me. Taking a month to hear a response, then recieving an email (and a generic one at that) telling me I wasn't a fit do to experience? I did the job, for close to 5 years. The senior EA said I was a "perfect fit". Obviously, the executive felt otherwise. I would've appreciated some ACTUAL feedback on why I wasn't offered the position. I have several close friends still working at the company who have informed me that they still haven't filled the position. All in all, a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Contracts Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Huntsville, AL) in June 2011.

Interview

I met with the Contracts Analyst and Contracts Manager.They were very friendly and wanted a good fit for the group and someone ready to learn quickly. They also wanted a person that can adapt to the culture and desires future growth in contracts.

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Five different people interviewed me. First Hiring manager, then different engineers. Questions were basic like explain projects and how you were a part of them. All 5 people asked me if I had any questions, just make sure to dig some up.

Some questions included "Why should we hire you instead of the other students that come for interviews."

Interview Questions

• What where your responsibilities in the xyz project or organization?   Answer Question
    • Why should we pick you for this position?/   Answer Question

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Herndon, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

For me, I personally knew the project manager and my soon-to-be boss. There wasn't much of an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary.

Consultant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Good interview, fast turn around and opportunity to go direct is always there

Interview Questions

• None, they have good interview chemistry and if you can substantiate what is on your resume the trust you   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mutually agreed upon

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Waltham, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Very easy. The screening for quality employees does not happen. I was hired as QA Manager because I knew someone in high management. There were just one question when talking over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Does your relative or friend work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because of knowing someone I did not have to negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ North America (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

They asked questions specifically related to the job. We discussed Project Management Professional practices. We also discussed waterfall and Agile processes. We discussed the project lifecycle as well as SDLC.

Interview Questions

• They asked my thoughts on the account naming convention they were considering.   1 Answer