Qlik Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.1

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Services Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qlik.

Interview

Very slow. Very poor follow up. Interviews were many questions were the usual items. Took over 2 months. Company was pretty invasive about salary and was the first place I've ever been asked to provide W-2 information from previous employers.

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qlik.

Interview

Everybody I spoke with was very friendly, and they seemed to be very engaged in their work. However, the interview process was very slow. I had a phone screen with a recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager. Over a month elapsed from the time I applied to the time I was told they were considering other candidates.

Very standard interview questions--tell me about your history, what are your strengths and weaknesses, which projects are you most proud of, etc.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Qlik in December 2016.

Interview

Had many phone interviews during the interview process over the course of a couple of days. It did not seem that this group did many interviews since the questions were 'canned' and were obviously being read from a script. The phone interviews made sense because half the group was in Sweden and the other half in Radnor, PA. I was disappointed in the company since the Website had not been updated for over a year. The company was recently purchased and they no longer send new hires to Sweden for a week, but they still have that as a benefit on the website. Really?

Named Account Manager (NAM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qlik (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by Qliks recruiter for a phone screen. It was pretty standard 15 mins and he did a great job of outlining the process and timeframe. Next he set me up with a phone screen with the Hiring Manager which was a get to know you talk about your experience high level. The hiring manager played it pretty straight and set up the next step to interview with an internal partner.
    The internal partner was very energetic and insightful asking and provided me with real life feedback. From there there was 2 face to face interviews with the hiring manager manager. The first a deeper traditional interview which was great and he was more open and demonstrated his personality. The second interview was a mock sales presentation with the hiring manager and his colleague. He was purposely a little vague on his expectations and when pressed he said you do it how you want. I put together a case review of one of their existing clients and discussed the business issue, actions, the result and ultimately the outcome. Very comprehensive. I could tell I missed the mark a little because his questions were all about demoing the technology. When I pressed him on being able to demonstrate clients business issue versus doing a technology data dump he agreed the business was more valuable. We set next steps to follow up the following week and I sent email and voice mail. No response. I followed up with email/voicemail 5 days later still no response. 3rd round I followed with a voicemail requesting some feedback...no response.

I found it to be very unprofessional considering how much time and effort we put into the process. I didn't mind not getting the offer but at least he could have provided some feedback of what I could have done differently.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Qlik (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

I applied online. I spoke with recruiter who screened my qualifications to see if I would be a potential good fit. I met with several directors, senior managers and VP of Sales. I flew out to Burlingame.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions - What motivates you? Why should I hire you? What would you do on your first 90 days?   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qlik (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Confusing, inconsistent and disappointing.

Got almost immediate response when resume submitted. But then a series of delays, apologies and no communication. Finally scheduled several team interviews. After 1/2 day of interviews, one would expect some feedback - even after the thank-you communication. Nothing. After several status checks, received an apology and request to schedule one last interview, which I responded to with options on date and time. Never received anything back. One of the worst interviewing processes I have experienced.

Needless to say, accepted another company's offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked series of applicable and relevant product questions. All the interviewers all followed the company's standard cultural questions. Good tool to use during the interviews. Too bad the hiring process did not seem to follow their own culture or principles.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qlik (Radnor, PA).

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with interviewer, face to face panel interviews. Qlik's BI products are impressive but the culture there is not. It felt they were trying hard to be Google or Yahoo but it came off looking more like a day care center - lots of very young people, lots of 'Dude!' being used through the hallways. The people I met with were nice but obviously young and inexperienced. 4 out of 5 were dressed in jeans, sneakers and rather crappy looking sweatshirts. One guy had a spiked-up mohawk hair style 8 inches high with beads in it. Whether true or not, the impression I walked away was that I'd be baby-sitting these people as part of my job there.
    If you're just out of college it might be a fun place. If you're an experienced IT person, you might just roll your eyes like I did.

Senior Manager Marketing Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qlik in August 2015.

Interview

Process took 5+ weeks, spoke to the recruiter briefly then proceeded to speak to the hiring manager and four others in the organization. After going through several rounds and speaking to a number of people, I was very disappointed to receive an automated rejection email for the position. Really turned me off.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about constructing a lead management process for the channel business in EMEA?   Answer Question

Qlik Response

Sep 15, 2015 – Senior Manager EMEA Field Recruitment

Hi. I am very sorry to hear you had such a bad experience - this is certainly not standard practice. I will look in to this matter to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qlik (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted Resume on corporate site and got an email to schedule an intial call from the recruiter the next day. The recruiter was efficient about scheduling the call and we had a very productive 30 minute discussion. The expected questions regarding my last few years, Quota achievement, goals, etc. A week later I was invited to meet with the hiring manager. The appointment was rescheduled twice - no big deal. When I arrived the manager seemed surprised to see me and didn't have a laptop or a notepad and definitely not a copy of my resume. I gave him a copy and he took a quick look and started asking me about jobs from ten years ago that had little bearing on the present. He was still in college when I was selling IT consulting. After he read straight off the resume for a half hour it was pretty clear to me that I didn't meet his expectations. We finished the discussion by going down a pointless rat hole regarding which companies were doing predictive analytics vs. prescriptive analytics. We never once discussed Qlik's new offering, the opportunity, the territory, competition...He didn't even have a business card.
    I left confused about what had just happened. I subsequently emailed a thank you note and attempted to follow up with the recruiter. I never heard from Qlik again.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qlik (Newton, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I obtained the e-mail address of an actual recruiter from a current employee. (My web-based submission of my resume got no response.) The recruiter mailed me back 17 questions to answer via e-mail.

I did my best to answer two salary-related questions, one of which I found offensive. Having already asked me what my salary expectations were (fair enough), they also wanted to know what my current salary was. That's private, and I disclose it only to the tax people and my bank. I did my best to give them an idea of my current salary--I gave them a range--but the recruiter demanded to know my exact salary.

When I asked to know what salary they were offering, the response was a curt: "You need not know our compensation structure to tell me what are earning." I'm not keen on employers that tell me what I need--although admittedly I was already turned off by their absolute insistence on knowing my current salary.

Interview Questions

• What type of culture do you seek?   1 Answer