Qlik Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qlik Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.1

Consulting Services Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qlik.

Interview

Very slow. Very poor follow up. Interviews were many questions were the usual items. Took over 2 months. Company was pretty invasive about salary and was the first place I've ever been asked to provide W-2 information from previous employers.

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qlik.

Interview

Everybody I spoke with was very friendly, and they seemed to be very engaged in their work. However, the interview process was very slow. I had a phone screen with a recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager. Over a month elapsed from the time I applied to the time I was told they were considering other candidates.

Very standard interview questions--tell me about your history, what are your strengths and weaknesses, which projects are you most proud of, etc.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Qlik in December 2016.

Interview

Had many phone interviews during the interview process over the course of a couple of days. It did not seem that this group did many interviews since the questions were 'canned' and were obviously being read from a script. The phone interviews made sense because half the group was in Sweden and the other half in Radnor, PA. I was disappointed in the company since the Website had not been updated for over a year. The company was recently purchased and they no longer send new hires to Sweden for a week, but they still have that as a benefit on the website. Really?

Named Account Manager (NAM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qlik (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by Qliks recruiter for a phone screen. It was pretty standard 15 mins and he did a great job of outlining the process and timeframe. Next he set me up with a phone screen with the Hiring Manager which was a get to know you talk about your experience high level. The hiring manager played it pretty straight and set up the next step to interview with an internal partner.
    The internal partner was very energetic and insightful asking and provided me with real life feedback. From there there was 2 face to face interviews with the hiring manager manager. The first a deeper traditional interview which was great and he was more open and demonstrated his personality. The second interview was a mock sales presentation with the hiring manager and his colleague. He was purposely a little vague on his expectations and when pressed he said you do it how you want. I put together a case review of one of their existing clients and discussed the business issue, actions, the result and ultimately the outcome. Very comprehensive. I could tell I missed the mark a little because his questions were all about demoing the technology. When I pressed him on being able to demonstrate clients business issue versus doing a technology data dump he agreed the business was more valuable. We set next steps to follow up the following week and I sent email and voice mail. No response. I followed up with email/voicemail 5 days later still no response. 3rd round I followed with a voicemail requesting some feedback...no response.

I found it to be very unprofessional considering how much time and effort we put into the process. I didn't mind not getting the offer but at least he could have provided some feedback of what I could have done differently.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Qlik (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

I applied online. I spoke with recruiter who screened my qualifications to see if I would be a potential good fit. I met with several directors, senior managers and VP of Sales. I flew out to Burlingame.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions - What motivates you? Why should I hire you? What would you do on your first 90 days?   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qlik (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Confusing, inconsistent and disappointing.

Got almost immediate response when resume submitted. But then a series of delays, apologies and no communication. Finally scheduled several team interviews. After 1/2 day of interviews, one would expect some feedback - even after the thank-you communication. Nothing. After several status checks, received an apology and request to schedule one last interview, which I responded to with options on date and time. Never received anything back. One of the worst interviewing processes I have experienced.

Needless to say, accepted another company's offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked series of applicable and relevant product questions. All the interviewers all followed the company's standard cultural questions. Good tool to use during the interviews. Too bad the hiring process did not seem to follow their own culture or principles.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qlik.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn, answered questions for recruiter over email, phone screen from recruiter, interviewed with regional manager, then in-person interview with three upper level managers. They extended an offer that same week, I verbally accepted then weeks later they had to rescind due to the 'Executive's realignment of the territory'. The Regional manager who I would have reported to was a very nice person and easy to work with. Unfortunately, I ended up feeling strung along after waiting weeks for a formal offer that never came. The only suggestion I would have for the organization is to empower your recruitment and management staff with proper information so that this does not happen to other candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qlik (Newton, MA).

Interview

Applied Online and contacted by hiring manager.
    Hiring manager was lazy to respond and no involvement from HR for interview and discussion.
    First round was Telephonic and 2nd was in person interview.

In person interview were ridiculous and asked me few questions where there were no relation between current job opening technical requirement.
    e.g. I had project in previous company where manager asked me to work on Server side IP and security questions.
    Felt like they are trying to be over smart in interview
    I was not comfortable with overall interview experience. Salary offered is very low.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qlik (Radnor, PA).

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with interviewer, face to face panel interviews. Qlik's BI products are impressive but the culture there is not. It felt they were trying hard to be Google or Yahoo but it came off looking more like a day care center - lots of very young people, lots of 'Dude!' being used through the hallways. The people I met with were nice but obviously young and inexperienced. 4 out of 5 were dressed in jeans, sneakers and rather crappy looking sweatshirts. One guy had a spiked-up mohawk hair style 8 inches high with beads in it. Whether true or not, the impression I walked away was that I'd be baby-sitting these people as part of my job there.
    If you're just out of college it might be a fun place. If you're an experienced IT person, you might just roll your eyes like I did.

Senior Manager Marketing Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qlik in August 2015.

Interview

Process took 5+ weeks, spoke to the recruiter briefly then proceeded to speak to the hiring manager and four others in the organization. After going through several rounds and speaking to a number of people, I was very disappointed to receive an automated rejection email for the position. Really turned me off.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about constructing a lead management process for the channel business in EMEA?   Answer Question

Qlik Response

Sep 15, 2015 – Senior Manager EMEA Field Recruitment

Hi. I am very sorry to hear you had such a bad experience - this is certainly not standard practice. I will look in to this matter to make sure that it doesn't happen again.