QuEST Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuEST Global (East Hartford, CT).

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter, followed by an in-person interview a week later. Conversation was cordial, talked about what the job entailed as well as a technical skills test. Also talked about the nature of the work (outsourcing) and also opportunities within the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a SQL SELECT statement for a particular row?   Answer Question
    • How would you create a M:M relationship with two different tables   Answer Question
    • How would you write a SQL statement to delete a row?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuEST Global (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within 1 day then took a basic skills test on excel. I was told what the pay expected would be afterwards.

I instantly knew something was wrong when they told me the pay up front and immediately declined as the offer was insanely low. They seem to either be trying to take advantage of college grads or HR is unaware of proper title/qualifications. Unless your hard up for an entry level position skip this job offer here as it was like sub 50k while my next one was ~70k..

Interview Questions

• Proficiency with Excel/Word/Etc... along with an online test on it. You can google the answers if needed while taking it.   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuEST Global (East Hartford, CT).

Interview

5 rounds of interview, technical and non technical. phone interview followed by on-site one on one with hiring manager, senior manager, center head. my advise will be to read about the company and position in detail before going for interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuEST Global (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was for a Software Developer to work on a Direct Hire in Schenectady, NY with their customer GE. The interview was good with questions related to my past experience and technical skills. The interview was conducted over phone for 30 minutes by the tech lead of the team and got the positive feedback by the interviewer as told by recruiter. But I waited almost a month for the next steps i.e. release of offer letter in a week as told by recruiter once confirmed by their customer. Initially they replied for my mails extending some time but later on they stopped without updating me further. I was not happy with the way they ended the process without final outcome.

Interview Questions

• There were almost technical questions related to my past skills in the field of Java and J2EE technologies   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QuEST Global (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

For a Mechanical Design Engineer position in Hartford, Connecticut

I met the head recruiter (coincidentally) at an all-state job fair hosted at my university. We really made a connection and she like my experience so she made sure I filled out a paper application and turned it in that day. A couple of days later I got a call from her to answer some basic questions on what my experiences were and my salary expectation. a couple of week (3 or so) she called me up to do a computer interview, video recording. After that it took about another couple of weeks (2 or so) and she set up an online interview using webex. I was interviewed by 3 different people during the web session which was suppose to be structured into a cultural interview, followed by a presentation (I had to present to them what I learned and my final project or best experience related to the position) and then two technical interviews. My interview went a little differently since the person hosting the interview was not there and was replaced by someone else. Anyways, it was fairly simple. The first part was just talking about my background and the person interviewing me explained the company and some of the things he and his team does. Presentation was just that, me presenting what I've done. The technical interview though were very detailed and specific. Some of the questions are in the interview questions section. Anyways, overall it was great to connect with them, they are more concerned with seeing how you process information and your aptitude for learning. One of the interviewers said that he was going to keep asking me questions until I ran out of answers just to get of feel for my though process. At this point I have not heard anything except that the hiring manager and interviewers really liked me (quote from the recruiter) and that they haven't forgotten about me. If they make me an offer I am going to decline because I was offered a position by a competitor within 3 days of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions:
      - What is stress?
      - What is strain?
      - What is Young's Modulus? or How are Stress and Strain related?
      - Draw the Stress and Stress curve (correctly and with labels.
      - Draw the S-N curve and explain where the ultimate stress is on that graph.
      - Interviewers displayed images of parts and asked what type of manufacturing processes can be used to make that part.
      - Analysis of an engineering drawing and asked if you know some specifics about some symbols.
      - Some natural frequency questions pertaining to strength of materials and weight, for example if this metal bar is less dense than this other bar, which one has the higher natural frequency.
      - Where is the maximum stress point on an cantilever beam with a specific force applied to it?
      - explain your design process when designing a door hinge
      - explain the process through a jet engine and its components

Cultural questions:
      - Basic tell me about yourself.
      - They also asked explain a time when you exhibited __(One of the core values called pillars of quest) and how you went about it or demonstrated it.
      Answer Question

I accepted another position that made me an offer in a timely manner and was local

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

First, they conducted a phone screening after I applied online. Then, in a panel face to face interview, they asked a few behavioral based questions but more technical questions. Know and be prepared to discuss programs you are proficient with and lean manufacturing techniques.

Lead Engineer Interview

Interview

I did not interview with quest, the client did the interview. As far as Quest is concerned if I was good for the client, I was good for them because they can start billing the client.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuEST Global in April 2016.

Interview

Long Video Interview 1 way with webcam. The video questions were pretty hard to pretty normal for engineering and the responses had to be quick 2 to 3 minutes long. You got 3 tries for each recording and also the website was a bit clunky and you need to enable java and macros.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QuEST Global.

Interview

Interview with multiple different managers each looking to fill positions on their respective teams. Interview process consists of company background, technical questions/assessment, and the candidate presenting a technical presentation. Presentation can be something candidate has already created and presented in the past.

Interview Questions

• - Technical questions regarding manufacturing methodology.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuEST Global.

Interview

Three person panel sat to interview me. At this location a background check and passport ID was required to enter the work area, so I was escorted to the conference room once given a visitor badge. The panel and I discussed the engineering field and they told me what QuEST does, what their relationship to the customer is, and what the expectations for the position would be. I was then given the opportunity to share my knowledge of the field, the company, and my own expectations. The panel then took turns asking me a series of resume related questions which I answered in relation to the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about QuEST?   1 Answer