QuEST Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.5

Database & Software Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuEST Global (East Hartford, CT).

Interview

HR Phone screen was followed by an invitation for an onsite personal interview. The onsite interview was scheduled approximately 1 week later. Everybody was professional & courtesy during the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview was with a team of (3). Typical general intro, followed by a few technical questions focusing on VBA & SQL. More specifically, “Option Explicit, Join, Select, Count...”.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuEST Global (Chula Vista, CA).

Interview

Recruiter called to reach out about a position I had applied for, after seeing my resume . I was brought in for a standard interview in front of a panel. Did not seem like the panel was very prepared or even really interested in having me there.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard interview questions. Alot of it was about my previous experience and why I would be a good fit. Although as mentioned before there was 0 excitement, the panel seemed miserable to be there.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuEST Global (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I think it was the interview for which I was better prepared for. They asked to talk about myself and I asked each question before it was questioned to me. I was tired to be rejected in other interviews and tried to give the best of me in this one despite the possibilities of being choose for the job or rejected.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuEST Global (East Hartford, CT).

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter, followed by an in-person interview a week later. Conversation was cordial, talked about what the job entailed as well as a technical skills test. Also talked about the nature of the work (outsourcing) and also opportunities within the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a SQL SELECT statement for a particular row?   Answer Question
    • How would you create a M:M relationship with two different tables   Answer Question
    • How would you write a SQL statement to delete a row?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuEST Global (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within 1 day then took a basic skills test on excel. I was told what the pay expected would be afterwards.

I instantly knew something was wrong when they told me the pay up front and immediately declined as the offer was insanely low. They seem to either be trying to take advantage of college grads or HR is unaware of proper title/qualifications. Unless your hard up for an entry level position skip this job offer here as it was like sub 50k while my next one was ~70k..

Interview Questions

• Proficiency with Excel/Word/Etc... along with an online test on it. You can google the answers if needed while taking it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuEST Global (East Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed in person several months ago. The interview consisted of a company/position overview, quick presentation about a school project followed by questions, and then two short technical interviews. I thought it went alright and two weeks later HR told me they would be extending an offer. I've followed up a few times and been told they are waiting for the customer to give them a statement of work. It's been months and still nothing. If you interview find out if they actually have a job to offer you.

Interview Questions

• Describe the types of heat transfer happening in a double pane window.   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuEST Global (East Hartford, CT).

Interview

5 rounds of interview, technical and non technical. phone interview followed by on-site one on one with hiring manager, senior manager, center head. my advise will be to read about the company and position in detail before going for interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuEST Global (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was for a Software Developer to work on a Direct Hire in Schenectady, NY with their customer GE. The interview was good with questions related to my past experience and technical skills. The interview was conducted over phone for 30 minutes by the tech lead of the team and got the positive feedback by the interviewer as told by recruiter. But I waited almost a month for the next steps i.e. release of offer letter in a week as told by recruiter once confirmed by their customer. Initially they replied for my mails extending some time but later on they stopped without updating me further. I was not happy with the way they ended the process without final outcome.

Interview Questions

• There were almost technical questions related to my past skills in the field of Java and J2EE technologies   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuEST Global (East Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very long. I met with 3 managers one at a time. The first portion of the interview was all cultural questions, like give examples of leadership and one time you failed at something, tell me about yourself, etc.
    The second part of the interview was all design questions. The person would give you an engineering drawing and ask you questions about it.
    The third part of the interview was all structure questions, like free body diagrams and beam analysis. The interview lasted about two and a half hours.

Interview Questions

• If you had to design a hinge system for a door. What are some design considerations that you would expect?   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QuEST Global (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

For a Mechanical Design Engineer position in Hartford, Connecticut

I met the head recruiter (coincidentally) at an all-state job fair hosted at my university. We really made a connection and she like my experience so she made sure I filled out a paper application and turned it in that day. A couple of days later I got a call from her to answer some basic questions on what my experiences were and my salary expectation. a couple of week (3 or so) she called me up to do a computer interview, video recording. After that it took about another couple of weeks (2 or so) and she set up an online interview using webex. I was interviewed by 3 different people during the web session which was suppose to be structured into a cultural interview, followed by a presentation (I had to present to them what I learned and my final project or best experience related to the position) and then two technical interviews. My interview went a little differently since the person hosting the interview was not there and was replaced by someone else. Anyways, it was fairly simple. The first part was just talking about my background and the person interviewing me explained the company and some of the things he and his team does. Presentation was just that, me presenting what I've done. The technical interview though were very detailed and specific. Some of the questions are in the interview questions section. Anyways, overall it was great to connect with them, they are more concerned with seeing how you process information and your aptitude for learning. One of the interviewers said that he was going to keep asking me questions until I ran out of answers just to get of feel for my though process. At this point I have not heard anything except that the hiring manager and interviewers really liked me (quote from the recruiter) and that they haven't forgotten about me. If they make me an offer I am going to decline because I was offered a position by a competitor within 3 days of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions:
      - What is stress?
      - What is strain?
      - What is Young's Modulus? or How are Stress and Strain related?
      - Draw the Stress and Stress curve (correctly and with labels.
      - Draw the S-N curve and explain where the ultimate stress is on that graph.
      - Interviewers displayed images of parts and asked what type of manufacturing processes can be used to make that part.
      - Analysis of an engineering drawing and asked if you know some specifics about some symbols.
      - Some natural frequency questions pertaining to strength of materials and weight, for example if this metal bar is less dense than this other bar, which one has the higher natural frequency.
      - Where is the maximum stress point on an cantilever beam with a specific force applied to it?
      - explain your design process when designing a door hinge
      - explain the process through a jet engine and its components

Cultural questions:
      - Basic tell me about yourself.
      - They also asked explain a time when you exhibited __(One of the core values called pillars of quest) and how you went about it or demonstrated it.
      Answer Question

I accepted another position that made me an offer in a timely manner and was local