QuEST Global Structural Analysis Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuEST Global Structural Analysis Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at QuEST Global

2.5

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuEST Global (East Hartford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call to discuss my resume which I had posted on monster.com. Very standard questions from "HR" personnel. Next I was invited on an onsite interview without pay for traveling expenses. I waited 20 min at the "reception area" until I was told that I have to call a number to announce my arrival. 10 min later I was brought to a conference room where a manager read a printed out presentation to me which had absolutely no useful information to me. Then I was asked to give a 15 min technical presentation. One person was looking out the window (it turns out that that person is the program manager for the department where I worked and has no interest whatsoever in what you have to say), another person was from the design team and your hiring "manager"/team lead. After the presentation I was asked some general questions about design and how a jet engine works by the designer, and then extremely basic questions about strength of materials and FEA by the hiring manager. After working in the company for a while, I saw that there is almost no preparation for the interviews on QuEST's part and people are just scrambled together to give the applicant a professional appearance. You will be made an offer regardless of whether you are qualified or not. QuEST wants exponential growth and will hire anyone anytime.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the compensation and benefits package because I knew that they won't offer anything reasonable and I knew that I would be leaving.

Other Interview Reviews for QuEST Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QuEST Global (East Hartford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Visited the East Hartford location for an in person location. Interview felt very unorganized. The man handling the interview had to call people while i was there to come up and help with the interview. I had to give a 20 min technical presentation. After that, they asked a series of questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions

• Structural analysis, stress/strain curve, beam loading analysis questions   Answer Question

Structural Analysis Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuEST Global in February 2015.

Interview

I filled out the form online. a week later received an email and needed to ask a few more question through email communication. received a phone call two days later and they asked more questions about my background and stuff mentioned on my resume + typical STAR question

Interview Questions

• Technical and background question about the resume + StAR question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QuEST Global (Windsor, CT) in July 2014.

Interview

Emailed a recruiter due to technical difficulties with their website. They called me after I emailed them my resume for a phone interview a few hours later, then set another on-site interview for the Tuesday after. Called me on Monday saying they need to review my resume for other positions and have to reschedule. The week after I get an email asking for a reschedule, and I set a date for that week. Took ~4 weeks in total. I went there and the recruiter talked about core values and asked me some general questions on what I want from work etc. An engineer on the project came in and asked me a few technical questions related to analysis, a couple of them from sophomore statics that I don't remember, including stress concentrations on a plate with a hole. I was then shown a drawing of a model and was asked how to simplify it for FEA solve times. Overthought it and didn't realize that symmetry counted as a simplification.We took a look at the ANSYS simulation the engineer was running and ended the interview, approximately 1 hour long.

Interview Questions

• What's the stress on a unit cube subject to 5 psi of pressure?   1 Answer