Qualcomm ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

it's a long interview from 9:30 am to 4:50 pm.there are 6 interviewers.the first one just ask for you information. the other 5 interviewers asked technique question. they were asking me questions even when I was having lunch. It's a long day. So be prepared. Sleep well the night before.

Interview Questions

• what 's the steps of synthesis?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Direct on-site with out phone interview at Atheros

Interview Questions

• Everything was easy. Counter Design using Moore Machine, Counter Code in verilog, Clock Domain Crossing Questions and MCP in PT   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

great experience. Had an awesome interview . more like a holiday , 3 rounds of interview , digital, verilog, and verification. awesome accomodation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Questions about designing Logic modules using gates and transistors. Questions about setup time, hold time etc. Design problem as pattern recognizer design. Interviewed by a non-native america, weird accent.

Interview Questions

• Using only NAND gate to design some logic   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite. Total process took about a month. Phone interview for 45 min. Onsite interview was lengthy with 6 different people for 1 hr each. Got the offer in 2 weeks after the onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a telephonic interview. It was with the team manager and he was very calm and attentive to my answers. He directly told during the phone interview that I will be called for on-site interview.

The overall experience of the on-site interview was really nice and encouraging. I had a string of 5 technical interviews followed by a HR interview. All the interviewers were very senior with minimum 10+ years of experience. One of the interviewers was the hardware architect and took me for lunch.

HR has round was a quick review of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were on basic Digital Design, clock skew, async FIFO design, FSM and verilog coding styles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

First passing a 1-1 phone interview, then I was brought to Boulder for onsite. Meet the team for 4 rounds of interview. Each of them is 1-1. At the end is a HR round, no question asked, just share information with you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone Interview directly got a call on 3 rd day without any schedule of phn interview. very surprised by the timing as well around 4.30 PM. interview lasted for over 30 min. not sure where it went wrong. received response the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I checked the Job info through linked in. One after the application, I received a phone interview with hiring manager. There was nothing special for the phone interview. Although I couldn't be joined, the onsite intervew was pretty basic. However, some preparation should be done before. :)

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online, three weeks later I got a phone interview with a staff engineer. This position is related to the power saving. All the questions are talking about CDC and low power design. The interview lasted 30 mins. Two weeks later, I got the onsite interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• Personal research, DVFS, CDC, metastable, asynchronous FIFO, synchronizer, level shifter, clock gating, power gating, dynamic power, leakage power.   Answer Question