Qualcomm Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

had a telephone screen interview, basic technical questions, no specific about the open job. asked about work history, previous project, and few basic embedded system programming questions, like C language, interrupt handling etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      what's a interrupt in embedded system?
      How do you handle it?

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was asked to be onsite. I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on?
      describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?
      Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I got an email from Qualcomm at san diego, CA. I told me they will set up phone interview. Then we schedule our interview date via email. I took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• frequency compensation of 2-stage op amp   1 Answer

RF Bench Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a telephonic interview for about 15min -1hr. All questions were related to RF Basics.
    I was called for the onsite in San Jose. The interview was for about 6 hours. The questions were from topics- IM products, Noise Figure, S-Parameters, some questions related to resume.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting programming questions for this RF position. Some questions were sorting, prime numbers   1 Answer

DSP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a call for phone interview two weeks after I applied.
    Phone interview was 50 minutes long with basic questions about embedded systems and real-time concepts. A couple of days of brush up should see you through this.
    On-site interview had 6 rounds including a lunch interview. Lots of questions on realtime time concepts were asked. Make sure you understand the complete memory layout. Assembly and pseudo codes​ were asked. Questions related to projects (I did) closely aligned with their work were drilled on.

Interview Questions

• Couple of questions on my major (DSP/com) were asked, and I was sort of caught off guard. This I believe had a major impact on the result.   Answer Question

SRAM Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One week after phone interview, I got an on-site interview. It's a very smooth progress. The first manager I was talking to is in Texas. I went to a conference room and get call from him. After that, it's all 1:1 interviews. Hiring manager took me for lunch and after that, asked several technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Flip Flop setup time, hold time point
      SRAM, one transistor is very weak, what will happened
      With minimal width goes down, what will happen for the circuit design

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First with a 45 min Telephone interview. Then Onsite interview which takes 6 round include 1 HR round at last. Each take about 45 min, most interviewee are friendly and kind.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 round phone interviews and onsite. It makes me angry to interview with them. They are not nice at all, and they ask some questions that make you do not know what you need to answer. They seems to have racial discrimination.

Linux Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from the Linux Performance Engineer group contacted me for a phone interview. The phone interview was for an hour and half. Later, within a week, I was invited to San Diego for their on site interview. I was interviewed by 6 people on various topics ranging from computer systems to computer hardware. Everything related to my CV though.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First it was phone interview, and then on -site. There were 5 engineers. It has been more than three weekes i am waiting for their response. HR does not reply, and there is no way to know the status of the interview! They were supposed to inform by 2 weeks.