Qualcomm Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

3.1

734 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

On campus interview at UCSD. Roughly an hour long. Talked briefly about items mentioned in my resume and asked some questions getting more of a feel for my character. This portio took maybe ~15-20 minutes. Then he moved onto technical question.

Interview Questions

• Q: given an encoded input string that is in 7-bit ascii rather than 8-bits, decode the buffer string and place into new string containing normal 8-bit ASCII.   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied it in the job fair at school in October 2017, and get an phone interview 1 month later. Basically, the interviewer go through every project listed in the resume, and asked some technical questions related to them.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email for an on-campus interview (1 of 16 candidates) I was interviewed by a young, technical person, and I felt very comfortable throughout the whole thing. They got back to me in one week.

Wireless Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Meet with 5 engineers, Techincal questions, focus on wireless system deployment bugs. Real world experience. Some basic wireless systems / programming questions. Questions about the group, other groups, variety of projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a 30 minute behavioral phone interview. I received an e mail asking for relevant time slots. After deciding on a time slot that worked for both me and the interviewer, we had the interview over a phone.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Two weeks after, I had a first phone chat with the manager of the team. Then two technical phone interviews the week after.
    A week after that, I received an invitation for an on-site interview (San Diego headquarters).
    A week after, I received an offer

Interview Questions

• Phone interviews: mostly question about my background and my projects.
      On-site interviews: also mostly about my projects.

Other than that:
      - the distance between a plan and a point
      - how to reduce power consumption   Answer Question

Modem Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. Got a call in couple of days for direct onsite interview. Had my interview onsite at Qualcomm San Diego in sept 2017. The interview process was well organised

Interview Questions

• Resume review, cdma vs lte why lte is better mean standard deviation ofdm carrier aggregation qpsk 16 qam 64 qam   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview . Inputs from interviewer goes to hiring manager and then they call for onsite. I believe 4-5 rounds onsite will lead to an offer. Usual process from qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interview- asked about related operating systems project details. What is static vs auto.... Linkedlist -find a basic error... count set bits.... alternative to if/else loop ( without using if-else loop code if(a==1)print 2 and if a=2, print 1 )   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly chatting about my background and technical experience, hiring manager also talked about the job position and work content. Overall, it was very good.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Standard. Recruiter was horrible. Never once provided interview feedback - I asked several times for it. Kept getting blown off. Also, never formally declined for role. No communication at all!