Qualcomm Interview Questions in Colorado | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.2

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions on C, pointers, dynamic memory allocation,string manipulations, quick overview on resume
    Onsite interviews.five one-one interviews with senior engineers and senior director of engineering.
    one lunch casual chat interview
    one HR interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.Piece of code with static variable and whether the function is thread safe
      2.Simple program on string
      3.Big and little endian
      4.negative of a number
      5.Client & server communication using sockets
      6.structure padding
      7.Piece of code and find the errors. One was pass by reference, and the other was simple on range check.
      8.Questions on resume and previous project work   2 Answers

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for Modem Systems Test Engineer in Boulder, Colorado. After 2 days I received e-mail to schedule phone interview. Interview lasted60 minutes. Two days after phone interview I received another e-mail to schedule on site visit.

Interview Questions

• 1. OFDM
      2. Cycle Prefix
      3. Resume details
      4. Source and channel coding
      5. Ideas for low throughput   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the Intern position for the 5G and CDMA team. For the first team, the interviewer asked me questions on TCP and UDP. The other interviewer (2nd team) asked questions in OS specifically on Mutexes and Semaphores. Had to implement functions in C during both the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The first interview - Calculate the set bits of a number.   1 Answer
    • Second Interview - Return the most frequent character in a string.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

2 weeks after applying online I was contacted by the hiring manager for a technical phone screen. We went over pointers and simple function design/testing on a shared word document. 2 weeks later I went in for a full day interview at the Boulder campus. There were 13 other candidates there doing the same thing. I had (4) hour long technical interviews with different members of various teams and (1) half-hour long interview with HR. They fed us lunch and did a brief recruiting presentation. 2 weeks later they sent a generic email stating "Although we were very impressed with your background and qualifications, we are unable to offer you a position with Qualcomm at this time."
    Overall it seemed like they were more interested in finding book worms fresh out of school with no practical working experience than someone with actual embedded engineering experience.
    Make sure to study linked lists, linked lists, binary trees, and more linked lists because that is all they seem to care about!

Interview Questions

• white board: find the first non-recurring character in a string. i.e. input "abbcdcaea" would return "d"   2 Answers
    • white board: find the degrees between the minute hand and hour hand when a clock is at 3:15   Answer Question
    • white board: implement a queue/fifo with push/pop functionality using linked lists   Answer Question
    • white board: create a custom malloc and free function using linked lists   Answer Question
    • white board: swap the values of two pointers without a temp variable   1 Answer
    • white board: write a function that determines if a given variable is a power of 2 or not   1 Answer
    • scheduling, context switching, memory, linked lists, linked lists, linked lists, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of an hour long initial phone screen and then a "round robin" interview with many other candidates. Interviews were both almost completely technical. They didn't seem interested in getting to know the candidates, only how they could perform under pressure and with technical problems.

Phone interview (1 hr) (pure technical)
    Q: What is a watchdog timer?
    A: Correct
    Q: What is atomic programming/non-locking operation?
    A: Idk
    What is concurrency and multithreading?
    What is static keyword?
    A: correct
    What is volatile keyword?
    A: correct
    Programming problem (live) (reverse a linked list)
    A: correct

In person interview (round robin, 4 interviews, 30 min each, whiteboard)
    I1: Add a new node to a linked list
    A: Mostly correct
    I2: Embedded systems questions, low level programming question using "malloc"
    A: Incorrect, did not perform well
    I3: Function that takes a 2d array of a "sudoku board", and checks to make sure it is a possible board.
    A: Mostly correct
    I4: Reverse string function, reverse words function, binary tree questions
    A: Correct

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

A technical phone interview was set up within a few days after I applied online. I was mostly tested on my knowledge of C programming and embedded systems. An on-site interview was set up within the next few weeks. This consisted of four 50-minute technical interviews with people on the team, lunch and a HR interview. There were questions related to topics like data structures, memory management. The interviews were fairly challenging. There was some C programming and problem solving on the white board. Overall, all the interviewers were all very friendly, professional and made me feel comfortable. I was very impressed with the atmosphere and the culture in the office.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, Memory management, Storage class, RTOS   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Applied through online. First, it was a technical phone interview. The interviewer was a staff engineer and it took around 1 hr 15 minutes. Then was invited for site interview after 1 week. Site interview was almost half day long. Four different people took separate technical interviews each 50 minutes long. And then there was 15 minutes short HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to Wireless communications and Programming.

Wireless Communications--- Shannon's rule, SNR, Bandwidth, Throughput, Difference between GSM, CDMA and LTE, Convolution concepts, call flow in LTE, L1-L2 layers, Modulation schemes.

Programming--- C++, Python, bit manipulation, linked list, multiple inheritance, find out missing number in incoming random integers, test case plan, big picture for test cases etc.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer - LTE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and got an email saying that they will conduct a phone interview. I attended phone interview and it was easy and asked more about my resume and C code logic for the technical questions like bit manipulations and operating system concepts.

Interview Questions

• about my academic projects
      find the leading zeroes for a given number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through university and got a call the following week. They set up an interview at the university. I t was a 1:1 interview. The interviewer was very friendly and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic theoretical concepts from C and also simple programming questions   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

First passing a 1-1 phone interview, then I was brought to Boulder for onsite. Meet the team for 4 rounds of interview. Each of them is 1-1. At the end is a HR round, no question asked, just share information with you