Qualcomm Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The overall process took 2 weeks from the day I applied. The interview process was fairly simple. There were 2 phone calls back to back and both the interviewers asked technical questions. One of the interviews went well while the other was decent.

Interview Questions

• Some tricky questions related to timing and flip flops   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process at Qualcomm was very professional, but a little slow moving. After applying on the company website I had a phone interview two weeks later, and then a second phone interview two weeks after that. The first interview involved analyzing the frequency response of a basic circuit, and the second interview consisted of a huge range of questions about different IC design topics.

Interview Questions

• What determines in band and out of band phase noise in a PLL?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Obtained an interview through campus recruiting. It consisted of an hour and a half phone interview which started out with going through the resume and then led to several technical questions as a follow-on. After this, there was a day long on-site interview, starting with a 1hr presentation to a team of 8 people, followed by 1-1 sessions with several engineers.

Interview Questions

• Analyze a switched capacitor circuit that one of the engineers drew, design a bias generator circuit, design a state machine   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview

phone screen, then on site at San Diego. HR first followed by 6-7 technical interviews. The interviewers are all senior staff/manager or above. no IQ questions, simply straightforward textbook questions. they are friendly and gives you hint if you get stuck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Got an email to schedule an interview from HR after applied online for about two weeks.
    The interview was scheduled a week later, and was conducted by a Principle Engineer.
    Started by tell me about yourself question. Was asked technical questions based on
    information from my resume, namely OFDM, channel estimation and equalization.
    Also, practical questions on how cellular system works. The interview lasted
    about 40 mins. The next day got an email from HR that I have not got through the next
     round. But overall it was a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

the hiring manager asked me basic questions on amplifiers, feedback network, freq compensation, pole zero analysis, flicker noise and thermal noise analysis, Monte Carlo analysis, continuous time discrete time analog to digital conv, digital to analog conv, phase lock loop, switch cap circuits amplifier, common gate common drain, common source stability analysis class band gap circuits, comparator common emitter common collector common base

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The people setting up the interview were very nice and courteous. The interview was highly technical and concentrated on expert level questions. The posted job was not for a principal or senior level engineer, but they were obviously looking for someone with that kind of experience. The interviewer had a condescending attitude when you didn't know the answer and would not have been a good person to work for. Someone mentioned that the PhDs at Qualcomm look down on people who don't have one and my experience supports that claim.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The process begin with written test. It covers basics of digital design mainly synchronous and asynchronous circuits and aptitude as well. Some basics of C language questions.
    later F2F interview about 3 hrs.

Interview Questions

• basics of Digital Design, timing Analysis: Setup and hold time violations.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Chennai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

applied through campus.process took 2 days. there was an online test consisting of apps , c and ds and a section which covered all the basics of electronics. Time matters as there will be data interpretation questions in online test. test was followed by 3 rounds of technical interview and an hr interview , thorough knowledge of basics of digital electronics and vlsi is a must.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New Delhi (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Fairly Easy but timing consuming. Multiple rounds of interview. Basic technical questions that you should be really unknowing unless your not familiar with the domain for which you have applied.

Interview Questions

• How to fix a hold that is setup critical in hold/fast corner itself ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not very flexible .