Qualcomm Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

3.2

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

It was highly technical, meeting with several different engineers and managers all of whom had several questions on a broad range of engineering topics including electrical circuit analysis and semiconductor behavior. The interviewers did understand that a lot of that information might be a bit "dusty" so they would push you in the right direction if you got stuck, but most questions weren't too difficult.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview . Inputs from interviewer goes to hiring manager and then they call for onsite. I believe 4-5 rounds onsite will lead to an offer. Usual process from qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interview- asked about related operating systems project details. What is static vs auto.... Linkedlist -find a basic error... count set bits.... alternative to if/else loop ( without using if-else loop code if(a==1)print 2 and if a=2, print 1 )   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview/screening with recruiter. If all goes well, followed by onsite interview with hiring team, from associates to manager/directors/VP's, and you also get to meet with recruiter in person. Hearing back will vary, as your interview may take place in beginning of all interviews or at the end.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding personality as well as specifically related to role.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Very basic technical. I had a phone screening first which was pretty basic. The in person interview I felt was easier than the phone interview. Most questions were basic board design related and none involved personality traits.

Interview Questions

• Design a state machine from scratch and show me the code.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

I interviewed for an engineering position. Interview questions were fairly easy, some algorithm questions and some control questions. I never heard back from them after the interview.

Overall, I thought the workplace seemed very dull, and people seemed low energy and not enthusiastic about their job.

Interview Questions

• I got questions about my past experiences and some algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Approached through staffing agency. Scheduled phone interview within a week. Initial technical phone screening. Then scheduled for 4-5 rounds of 1:1 interview. Interviewer were all team members with experience of 4-5 years.

Interview Questions

• All related to job experience. Coding questions. technology specific questions. Asked about academic projects, internship experience on resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with 6 people; one of them took me out to lunch. Each interview was 45 minutes to an hour long. Interesting questions and great people. HR was bad - it took a very long time to hear back from them. I had other offers in hand so I had to continually reach out to them for feedback. They got back to me at the last minute with an offer. When I started the job, I was informed that I had been placed in a different role than the one I had interviewed for - I was not consulted on this change in role. I thought that this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• A question about flip-flops - I was interviewing for an analog position so this was unexpected but I worked through the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed for a fresh graduate is what I was told. When I joined, I found out that this was not true and that I was very underpaid.

Engineer Interview

Interview

I had an interview which went on for a while. It was not that difficult. The people who interviewed me were really nice. The interview was for internship. After I was done with the internship, I got an offer for full-time but even that required some rounds of interviews which I managed to crack.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was rollover from Intern to Full Time, joined in 2004 unfortunately no joining bonus started with very low base salary.

Interview Questions

• Had few technical questions related to OP-AMP, Schmidt trigger, Interrupts etc. I didn't have formal interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very quick in my case and to the point.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to answer a lot of puzzle questions and one of them was the Dinning Philosophers problem. Answering the question was no problem but i had to provide analysis on the answer which was a little tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very short. I'd recommend negotiating esp if you are assigned as a contract since the consultant ends up making more money than you do.