Qualcomm Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.1

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview . Inputs from interviewer goes to hiring manager and then they call for onsite. I believe 4-5 rounds onsite will lead to an offer. Usual process from qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interview- asked about related operating systems project details. What is static vs auto.... Linkedlist -find a basic error... count set bits.... alternative to if/else loop ( without using if-else loop code if(a==1)print 2 and if a=2, print 1 )   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Engineering Interview

Interview

I interviewed for an engineering position. Interview questions were fairly easy, some algorithm questions and some control questions. I never heard back from them after the interview.

Overall, I thought the workplace seemed very dull, and people seemed low energy and not enthusiastic about their job.

Interview Questions

• I got questions about my past experiences and some algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

This interview is terrible. The interviewer called me 15 minutes before the scheduled time, and I was not at the phone. When I called back, he didn't know what to say and it became so embarrassing. Actually, I didn't even remember when do I applied for such a position and I got a phone interview...

The interviewer kept asking me low-level hardware debugging questions, such as "what is CPU exception/what is system call"...

I was applying for software development positions, but this group did major hardware debugging, which is rather challenging. I think this is the major reason they rejected me, but I am also wondering why they selected me for an interview...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online~ Two weeks after, recruiter contacted and scheduled a phone interview, mainly focus on the resume, all technical questions~ A week later, on site invitation came~ Took a whole day, interviewed by 7 or 8 staff member of the team, still mainly focus on the resume, but more details and in-depth questions related to the resume. Two week laters, got rejected~~ In general, very professional company, people are very nice there~

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call from the DSP Group for a phone interview for the following week,
    Tested on DSP, C, C++, Comms theory,ECC etc...

Interview Questions

• given 20 "destructable" light bulbs(which breaks at certain height), and a building with 100 floors, how do you determine the height that the light bulb breaks.   55 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Was contacted and asked to meet one person. Subsequently went in spent most of a day meeting 5 people.

Their interview process seems to be structured for someone who is not very senior. They ask a lot of very basic questions on digital design, DSP, communications.

Found that most of the interviewers had a lot less experience and so their perspective is very limited. Out of the 6 people met, in total three seemed to adapt to the level of the person being interviewed while the others stuck to the type of questioning for a mid to junior level person and not the type of interview someone with more than 2 decades of experience would expect. Some of them did not seem to understand the topics they were asking questions on and failed to understand things when alternate solutions were proposed or it was pointed out what they were saying is incorrect.. Sent one of them excerpts from text books subsequently.

For a senior person, I woud have expected them to discuss past work experience, and get into technical discussions of past projects and how it relates to what they do, chip architecture, etc. They stuck to mostly simple questions such as synchronization, FIFOS, state machines, C syntax, PERL syntax, etc. Only two or three of them seemed to a have broader perspective, the rest seemed to be run of the mill with no idea as to how conduct a proper interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

Graphical Design

Interview Questions

• How do you find the pixel of a point at which two triangles of different colors overlap   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Mainly just a phone interview. Interview started late but did go about an hour. The interview was with a director who did all of the talking although there were 4 other people in the room at the time. Phone interview was typical, simple questions about yield and such and some device questions. Was told at the end of the interview that they would get back to me in about 1-2 weeks. Presently waiting for their return call to schedule an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Where does the leekage current come from when the transister is turned off?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone by an HR rep and a Staff Engineer.... The HR reps questions were pretty easy and the Staff Engineer who was also a manager asked more about my current work and basic C/C++ questions.... regarding inheritance and semaphores....wasn't that difficult...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied to Embedded S/W position in QCT via Online. After applying the position, I got a contact e-mail from HR to arrange Phone Interview. I had a Phone Interview with a senior-level engineer and was invited to their site after 3 weeks. Then, I had several 1:1 interviews including HR. After 1 week, I got reject e-mail.