Qualcomm Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews. They basically just went over my resume. The technical questions were more conceptual and less specific or algorithmic. It helps to have basic knowledge of how native languages work at a low level and computer architecture concepts.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

first they did the phone screening. Then there was 5 rounds of interviews. Including one lunch interview. The interviewer was busy eating lunch and didn't even focus on what I was saying. Then the re were some programs that I had to write and got a offer in few weeks.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very long all day interview. There are usually 5 different interviewers who take each an hour ranging from staff to all the way upto Director/ Sr. Director. Lunch will be provided but there would be interview during that time as well.

Interview Questions

• Very varied questions technical Vs analytical   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

This interview is terrible. The interviewer called me 15 minutes before the scheduled time, and I was not at the phone. When I called back, he didn't know what to say and it became so embarrassing. Actually, I didn't even remember when do I applied for such a position and I got a phone interview...

The interviewer kept asking me low-level hardware debugging questions, such as "what is CPU exception/what is system call"...

I was applying for software development positions, but this group did major hardware debugging, which is rather challenging. I think this is the major reason they rejected me, but I am also wondering why they selected me for an interview...

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I initially had an intern interview and was rolled over to full time after my internship ended (1 year before graduating university). The intern interview just consisted of a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Very basic coding questions

1) What is inheritance
      2) Describe a memory leak
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

first, HR call for assessment. then tech interview for related technical questions and previous experience, interviewer most likely will give you some hint if you have trouble. last, campus showoff.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

A full day of interviewing. 6 people and each got 45min. Asked all technical questions. Some questions were tough so I started telling the interviewers my thought processes regarding how I would approach the problem.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating on my part. I am pleased with the offer and accepted

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview was very basic and relatively short (30 mins). Questions ranged from basic EE 101 type to synthesis issues. It was NOT by the hiring manager but another engineers in the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Setup and hold time questions. Add inverters on the clock path, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My staffing specialist didn't try to really negotiate. I knew what QC had offered another candidate a week before with identical qualifications and job description. When asked, the high end of the salary for the staff engineer, she said it was way above and quoted $30k less. I asked about benefits, etc., and said in between the two numbers was acceptable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online~ Two weeks after, recruiter contacted and scheduled a phone interview, mainly focus on the resume, all technical questions~ A week later, on site invitation came~ Took a whole day, interviewed by 7 or 8 staff member of the team, still mainly focus on the resume, but more details and in-depth questions related to the resume. Two week laters, got rejected~~ In general, very professional company, people are very nice there~

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

4-5 rounds targeting skills in Computer Architecture(Basic and Avanced), Verilog, System Verilog,C, C++, Perl programming skills, real-time design and verification questions, and also projects I did during my Masters

Interview Questions

• Was given a design and asked how would I verify it? What interesting test-cases I could think of?etc   Answer Question

See What Qualcomm Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Senior Staff Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros: “1. Benefits still better than industry norm, despite significant cuts in 2016. Company chips in about $2,500 for HSA. 2. Many employees get individual offices, although this leads to a...”“1. Benefits still better than industry norm, despite significant cuts in 2016. Company chips in about $2,500 for HSA. 2. Many employees get individual offices, although this leads to a somewhat solitary environment. 3. San Diego location is good, although traffic has really gotten bad, almost like the SF Bay Area. 4. Employees are pretty sharp and have a lot of technical rigor. 5. Still maintains a semblance of the original California tech company feel, although what is left might die with the NXP merger.” – Full Review