Qualcomm Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

3.2

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Interview

I had an interview which went on for a while. It was not that difficult. The people who interviewed me were really nice. The interview was for internship. After I was done with the internship, I got an offer for full-time but even that required some rounds of interviews which I managed to crack.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was rollover from Intern to Full Time, joined in 2004 unfortunately no joining bonus started with very low base salary.

Interview Questions

• Had few technical questions related to OP-AMP, Schmidt trigger, Interrupts etc. I didn't have formal interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very quick in my case and to the point.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to answer a lot of puzzle questions and one of them was the Dinning Philosophers problem. Answering the question was no problem but i had to provide analysis on the answer which was a little tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very short. I'd recommend negotiating esp if you are assigned as a contract since the consultant ends up making more money than you do.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It is difficult to break into the hiring process at Qualcomm because so many people apply. The best ways to improve your chance of getting hired: try to get an internship while you are still in college. They offer many opportunities for engineering interns, and the experience will help you no matter where you go after college. If not a new grad, be sure the key words in your resume are the right kind for the job you want. Prepare extremely well for the interview process. You will likely talk to 6 to 8 people, and will likely be called back for another round before being hired. Because it is a large company with many positions hiring, the process is cumbersome and can take far longer than you think it should. Do your best to get business cards or at least the full names of the people who speak with you. Send thank you notes after the interview, by paper or email, and it is OK to inquire a week or two later to the HR representative about how the process is going. You can also ask where they are in the process while you are interviewing. You will interview with people from more than one department, and will get technical questions and experience/personality questions. If you are an electrical engineer, you should be able to describe basic circuits, and may get some very in depth questions, so brush up on what you should know as an engineer in your field! Learn something about Qualcomm technology so that you can ask good questions. Any engineering interviewee will get some technical probing. Know as much as possible about what Qualcomm does, how CDMA works, what kinds of technologies are used to make Qualcomm products and where Qualcomm products are used. If you have some work experience already, emphasize what you have accomplished and what your role was in different projects at your current or previous jobs. You want to sound like someone who can be cooperative, creative, hard-working, take initiative, have good judgement, solve problems, keep company goals in mind, etc. Think about how to describe how you have done these things in detail before you go for the interview. Some people at Qualcomm are very detailed interviewers with lots of interviewing experience, so expect it and be prepared. You will not likely be given a personality test, drug test, or IQ test of any kind.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions will be probing of previous experiences and where you have shown leadership. This is a company that wants to hire leaders at every level. Know what you will say when asked what your areas of least and greatest strength are. The best type of weakness or least strength can be something that is actually a strength, it depends how you word it :) For example, "I don't have patience sometimes when people say they will do something and then they don't do it." Your are saying impatience is a weakness, but really you are showing that you are the type of person who does what he says he will do and expects the same from others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a huge amount of negotiation possible, but a few thousand can be gotten.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial Interview call was through college recruiter. Had a phone interview followed by onsite interviews.

Phone interview: Lasted 45 minutes. Was asked simple technical questions (Mostly theory related) and one problem solving question (something related to bitwise operations). Interviewer was polite and helpful.

Onsite Interviews: Flew out to Boulder, CO. Was put up in a good hotel in Boulder. Had 5 technical interviews. All were technical and focused on coding questions (Linked Lists, Sorting, Trees, Problem Solving). One interview was focused on testing and design. All in all, very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Linked list related question
      2. Dictionary related problem.
      3. Tree traversal related problem.
      4. Sorting related problem.
      5. Testing (how do you test a ....) and Design question.
      I solved all problems using C. They were very keen on C programming skills. Not superficial, but at quite a depth.
      Be prepared to answer embedded SW specific questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews. They basically just went over my resume. The technical questions were more conceptual and less specific or algorithmic. It helps to have basic knowledge of how native languages work at a low level and computer architecture concepts.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Full Product Development Lifecycle; Quality Assurance; Cellular & Telecom Network; Mobile Device Technologies & Applications; Test Case/Script Planning & Development; Testing Methodologies & Best Practices; Team Building & Leadership; Staff Training & Mentoring; Testing Automation; Black Box & White Box Testing; Functional & Performance Testing; Stress & Stability Testing; Resolving Complex Engineering Issues

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted for one phone interview. The result of which determines whether you would be flown to the campus for on site interviews. There were total 4 interviews in the same day on site.

Interview Questions

• Technical question from your resume. I had to explain everything I did. How? Why? What was the impact?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

first they did the phone screening. Then there was 5 rounds of interviews. Including one lunch interview. The interviewer was busy eating lunch and didn't even focus on what I was saying. Then the re were some programs that I had to write and got a offer in few weeks.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very long all day interview. There are usually 5 different interviewers who take each an hour ranging from staff to all the way upto Director/ Sr. Director. Lunch will be provided but there would be interview during that time as well.

Interview Questions

• Very varied questions technical Vs analytical   1 Answer