Qualcomm Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very long all day interview. There are usually 5 different interviewers who take each an hour ranging from staff to all the way upto Director/ Sr. Director. Lunch will be provided but there would be interview during that time as well.

Interview Questions

• Very varied questions technical Vs analytical   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Very basic technical. I had a phone screening first which was pretty basic. The in person interview I felt was easier than the phone interview. Most questions were basic board design related and none involved personality traits.

Interview Questions

• Design a state machine from scratch and show me the code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I initially had an intern interview and was rolled over to full time after my internship ended (1 year before graduating university). The intern interview just consisted of a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Very basic coding questions

1) What is inheritance
      2) Describe a memory leak   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Approached through staffing agency. Scheduled phone interview within a week. Initial technical phone screening. Then scheduled for 4-5 rounds of 1:1 interview. Interviewer were all team members with experience of 4-5 years.

Interview Questions

• All related to job experience. Coding questions. technology specific questions. Asked about academic projects, internship experience on resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

first, HR call for assessment. then tech interview for related technical questions and previous experience, interviewer most likely will give you some hint if you have trouble. last, campus showoff.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

A full day of interviewing. 6 people and each got 45min. Asked all technical questions. Some questions were tough so I started telling the interviewers my thought processes regarding how I would approach the problem.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating on my part. I am pleased with the offer and accepted

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I had a prior internship with Qualcomm. Within 2 months of the end of my internship, Qualcomm notified me that I was selected for a full-time hire. They performed a background check (no drug test) and let my previous experience speak for itself. To my knowledge, Qualcomm is great at rolling over interns. They trust in their initial recruitment and ask the majority of their interns to come back as long as their exit interview was satisfactory.

The exit interview at the end of the internship is a discussion with your manager. They provide feedback on your performance and you have the chance to ask any questions, similar to a one-on-one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online~ Two weeks after, recruiter contacted and scheduled a phone interview, mainly focus on the resume, all technical questions~ A week later, on site invitation came~ Took a whole day, interviewed by 7 or 8 staff member of the team, still mainly focus on the resume, but more details and in-depth questions related to the resume. Two week laters, got rejected~~ In general, very professional company, people are very nice there~

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Atlanta, GA) in February 2009.

Interview

Interviews are very technical. The hiring process is very slow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Was contacted and asked to meet one person. Subsequently went in spent most of a day meeting 5 people.

Their interview process seems to be structured for someone who is not very senior. They ask a lot of very basic questions on digital design, DSP, communications.

Found that most of the interviewers had a lot less experience and so their perspective is very limited. Out of the 6 people met, in total three seemed to adapt to the level of the person being interviewed while the others stuck to the type of questioning for a mid to junior level person and not the type of interview someone with more than 2 decades of experience would expect. Some of them did not seem to understand the topics they were asking questions on and failed to understand things when alternate solutions were proposed or it was pointed out what they were saying is incorrect.. Sent one of them excerpts from text books subsequently.

For a senior person, I woud have expected them to discuss past work experience, and get into technical discussions of past projects and how it relates to what they do, chip architecture, etc. They stuck to mostly simple questions such as synchronization, FIFOS, state machines, C syntax, PERL syntax, etc. Only two or three of them seemed to a have broader perspective, the rest seemed to be run of the mill with no idea as to how conduct a proper interview.