Qualcomm Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

3.2

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews. They basically just went over my resume. The technical questions were more conceptual and less specific or algorithmic. It helps to have basic knowledge of how native languages work at a low level and computer architecture concepts.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Full Product Development Lifecycle; Quality Assurance; Cellular & Telecom Network; Mobile Device Technologies & Applications; Test Case/Script Planning & Development; Testing Methodologies & Best Practices; Team Building & Leadership; Staff Training & Mentoring; Testing Automation; Black Box & White Box Testing; Functional & Performance Testing; Stress & Stability Testing; Resolving Complex Engineering Issues

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

first they did the phone screening. Then there was 5 rounds of interviews. Including one lunch interview. The interviewer was busy eating lunch and didn't even focus on what I was saying. Then the re were some programs that I had to write and got a offer in few weeks.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very long all day interview. There are usually 5 different interviewers who take each an hour ranging from staff to all the way upto Director/ Sr. Director. Lunch will be provided but there would be interview during that time as well.

Interview Questions

• Very varied questions technical Vs analytical   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

This interview is terrible. The interviewer called me 15 minutes before the scheduled time, and I was not at the phone. When I called back, he didn't know what to say and it became so embarrassing. Actually, I didn't even remember when do I applied for such a position and I got a phone interview...

The interviewer kept asking me low-level hardware debugging questions, such as "what is CPU exception/what is system call"...

I was applying for software development positions, but this group did major hardware debugging, which is rather challenging. I think this is the major reason they rejected me, but I am also wondering why they selected me for an interview...

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I initially had an intern interview and was rolled over to full time after my internship ended (1 year before graduating university). The intern interview just consisted of a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Very basic coding questions

1) What is inheritance
      2) Describe a memory leak   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

first, HR call for assessment. then tech interview for related technical questions and previous experience, interviewer most likely will give you some hint if you have trouble. last, campus showoff.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

A full day of interviewing. 6 people and each got 45min. Asked all technical questions. Some questions were tough so I started telling the interviewers my thought processes regarding how I would approach the problem.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating on my part. I am pleased with the offer and accepted

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview was very basic and relatively short (30 mins). Questions ranged from basic EE 101 type to synthesis issues. It was NOT by the hiring manager but another engineers in the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Setup and hold time questions. Add inverters on the clock path, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My staffing specialist didn't try to really negotiate. I knew what QC had offered another candidate a week before with identical qualifications and job description. When asked, the high end of the salary for the staff engineer, she said it was way above and quoted $30k less. I asked about benefits, etc., and said in between the two numbers was acceptable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online~ Two weeks after, recruiter contacted and scheduled a phone interview, mainly focus on the resume, all technical questions~ A week later, on site invitation came~ Took a whole day, interviewed by 7 or 8 staff member of the team, still mainly focus on the resume, but more details and in-depth questions related to the resume. Two week laters, got rejected~~ In general, very professional company, people are very nice there~