Qualcomm Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

3.2

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

This interview is terrible. The interviewer called me 15 minutes before the scheduled time, and I was not at the phone. When I called back, he didn't know what to say and it became so embarrassing. Actually, I didn't even remember when do I applied for such a position and I got a phone interview...

The interviewer kept asking me low-level hardware debugging questions, such as "what is CPU exception/what is system call"...

I was applying for software development positions, but this group did major hardware debugging, which is rather challenging. I think this is the major reason they rejected me, but I am also wondering why they selected me for an interview...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I initially had an intern interview and was rolled over to full time after my internship ended (1 year before graduating university). The intern interview just consisted of a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Very basic coding questions

1) What is inheritance
      2) Describe a memory leak   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

first, HR call for assessment. then tech interview for related technical questions and previous experience, interviewer most likely will give you some hint if you have trouble. last, campus showoff.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

A full day of interviewing. 6 people and each got 45min. Asked all technical questions. Some questions were tough so I started telling the interviewers my thought processes regarding how I would approach the problem.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating on my part. I am pleased with the offer and accepted

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview was very basic and relatively short (30 mins). Questions ranged from basic EE 101 type to synthesis issues. It was NOT by the hiring manager but another engineers in the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Setup and hold time questions. Add inverters on the clock path, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My staffing specialist didn't try to really negotiate. I knew what QC had offered another candidate a week before with identical qualifications and job description. When asked, the high end of the salary for the staff engineer, she said it was way above and quoted $30k less. I asked about benefits, etc., and said in between the two numbers was acceptable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online~ Two weeks after, recruiter contacted and scheduled a phone interview, mainly focus on the resume, all technical questions~ A week later, on site invitation came~ Took a whole day, interviewed by 7 or 8 staff member of the team, still mainly focus on the resume, but more details and in-depth questions related to the resume. Two week laters, got rejected~~ In general, very professional company, people are very nice there~

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

4-5 rounds targeting skills in Computer Architecture(Basic and Avanced), Verilog, System Verilog,C, C++, Perl programming skills, real-time design and verification questions, and also projects I did during my Masters

Interview Questions

• Was given a design and asked how would I verify it? What interesting test-cases I could think of?etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call from the DSP Group for a phone interview for the following week,
    Tested on DSP, C, C++, Comms theory,ECC etc...

Interview Questions

• given 20 "destructable" light bulbs(which breaks at certain height), and a building with 100 floors, how do you determine the height that the light bulb breaks.   55 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Was contacted and asked to meet one person. Subsequently went in spent most of a day meeting 5 people.

Their interview process seems to be structured for someone who is not very senior. They ask a lot of very basic questions on digital design, DSP, communications.

Found that most of the interviewers had a lot less experience and so their perspective is very limited. Out of the 6 people met, in total three seemed to adapt to the level of the person being interviewed while the others stuck to the type of questioning for a mid to junior level person and not the type of interview someone with more than 2 decades of experience would expect. Some of them did not seem to understand the topics they were asking questions on and failed to understand things when alternate solutions were proposed or it was pointed out what they were saying is incorrect.. Sent one of them excerpts from text books subsequently.

For a senior person, I woud have expected them to discuss past work experience, and get into technical discussions of past projects and how it relates to what they do, chip architecture, etc. They stuck to mostly simple questions such as synchronization, FIFOS, state machines, C syntax, PERL syntax, etc. Only two or three of them seemed to a have broader perspective, the rest seemed to be run of the mill with no idea as to how conduct a proper interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

Graphical Design

Interview Questions

• How do you find the pixel of a point at which two triangles of different colors overlap   Answer Question