Qualcomm Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

3.2

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2017.

Interview

Had 2 back to back 30minute phone interviews. First one was basic VLSI concepts. Second interview was resume based. The interview process is that the interviewers will share their review with the board and then the board decides

Interview Questions

• The layout of the inverter and the W/L ratio for pmos and nmos.   Answer Question
  • Explain static and dynamic power and how they are different   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from HR staff after about a week. The person got me in touch with a senior staff engineer in the group I was applying to. The person called me and after the brief dull conversation the technical questions began.

Interview Questions

• How a sine wave will look on a spectrum analyzer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very orderly and everyone was friendly and cooperative. It was a day long process, with a lunch break in between. Had a total of 6 interviews, all with the technical heads.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions from my resume, and digital communication questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY).

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview
    I applied for software engineer of Qualcomm in August. I had phone interview in the end of September. After 2 weeks, the HR emailed me about onsite interview invitation. And in the end of October, I went to San Diego for the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      1. What is Static keyword
      8. IPv4 IPv6 differences
      9. What are two parts of IPv6 addresses
      10. Programming: Byte Reverse of an integer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for phone interview after 2+ months. Had two interviews back to back, the first asked about my experience and related project, technical questions about leakage current and SRAM design, the second asked about detailed technical questions w.r.t circuit design.

Interview Questions

• How temperature influences leakage current?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I hand in my resume in Qualcomm office hour in our university. After two weeks, they sent me an invitation to an on-campus interview. There are two guys, both engineers. Two sections, each for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Personal projects
      2. C++(linked list, virtual function)
      3. Design an FSM to find sequence of number 0100
      4. How does an amplifier work(gain, feedback)
      5. Describe one .tcl file I just write. What is it for?
      6.Digital staff(setup time, hold time, clock gating, low power design)
      7. The difference between IIR and FIR. Write Verilog module for FIR   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me to schedule five technical interviews. I provided HR with my available time slot for phone interviews. HR arranged schedules of the five interviews.It took two weeks for phone interviews. Five technical interviews were made and the questions they asked were not that difficult, but very specific and detailed.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

You will meet the HR first and s/he will ask you some general question related your work experience and expected salaries. Then the HR will give a agenda for today's interview process. You will be brought to the first interviewer to start the interview...

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The Interview was well set and precise to the point.
    The Interview was for 2hr. Covering the topics of Logic Design, Verification Concepts, Hardware designing questions, C and C++.
    FPGA Concepts, Functional Testing.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted so many applications of Qualcomm online. However I never get any reply. This opportunity is from my teacher's friends referral. I get a phone interview from Qualcomm. The team is about WLAN.

At last he suggested me to prepare not only my resume but also what the position required.