Qualcomm Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I hand in my resume in Qualcomm office hour in our university. After two weeks, they sent me an invitation to an on-campus interview. There are two guys, both engineers. Two sections, each for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Personal projects
    2. C++(linked list, virtual function)
    3. Design an FSM to find sequence of number 0100
    4. How does an amplifier work(gain, feedback)
    5. Describe one .tcl file I just write. What is it for?
    6.Digital staff(setup time, hold time, clock gating, low power design)
    7. The difference between IIR and FIR. Write Verilog module for FIR   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2017.

Interview

Applied during career fair at school. Heard back about one week later and had a phone interview with one employee for about 45 minutes. After one minute of introduction the interview went directly into technical questions. All the questions were very basic but did not really relate to the job descriptions of the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Asked a series of technical questions starting with things like "what are the functions of capacitors and inductors in a circuit", and then to power delivery networks and filter design.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from HR staff after about a week. The person got me in touch with a senior staff engineer in the group I was applying to. The person called me and after the brief dull conversation the technical questions began.

Interview Questions

• How a sine wave will look on a spectrum analyzer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for phone interview after 2+ months. Had two interviews back to back, the first asked about my experience and related project, technical questions about leakage current and SRAM design, the second asked about detailed technical questions w.r.t circuit design.

Interview Questions

• How temperature influences leakage current?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY).

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview
    I applied for software engineer of Qualcomm in August. I had phone interview in the end of September. After 2 weeks, the HR emailed me about onsite interview invitation. And in the end of October, I went to San Diego for the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      1. What is Static keyword
      8. IPv4 IPv6 differences
      9. What are two parts of IPv6 addresses
      10. Programming: Byte Reverse of an integer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very orderly and everyone was friendly and cooperative. It was a day long process, with a lunch break in between. Had a total of 6 interviews, all with the technical heads.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions from my resume, and digital communication questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

You will meet the HR first and s/he will ask you some general question related your work experience and expected salaries. Then the HR will give a agenda for today's interview process. You will be brought to the first interviewer to start the interview...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Group presentation in the morning with an Q/A session, followed by 5-6 1:1 interviews. A variety of questions from very different areas such as information theory, digital design, analog circuit design are asked.

Interview Questions

• => What does this mean in Verilog?   2 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The interview includes two rounds on campus. Qualcomm is a very thoughtful company, that provides small souvenirs after this interview process. I was lucky to be interviewed by one staff engineer and one manager. in two rounds.

Interview Questions

• Concepts related to D-to-Q delay, timing constraints of digital circuit design.   Answer Question
    • Concepts related with discrete Fourier transform, pipelined processor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Campus-Interview. I attended the Qualcomm info session on campus and get the interview opportunity with Qualcomm 2 weeks later. Two sperate interviews, one asks for general design questions and the other one for technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between direct-mapped cache and set-associative cache?   1 Answer